Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

am i the only one without a simself uploaded?

as the topic asks, am I the only one who doesnt want to share myself with the world? just wondering lol because i dont really like to create people i know because i feel bad if bad things happen to them. I like to create celebs or characters from books or games because I dont care much about where story progression takes them. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't uploaded my simself and I don't plan to. Too creepy. :lol:
  • Options
    lkw22lkw22 Posts: 207 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ive mad a few semi simselves. but never one thats completely accurate. I don't even beleive thats possible.
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Not only do I not have one uploaded, but I've never made one.
  • Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I draw from the looks of myself, my friends, my family, in all of the sims I create, but they are never even close to being completely accurate to one person. For instance, if I'm feeling particularly mean I might give a sim my nose (heavens forbid! No Sim deserves this thing!) and the rest of the face of someone I know and really don't like. But no, I don't do simselves and never will.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2009
    I never even heard of the idea of a "simself" before browsing these forums... and I've been playing the Sims since the original game.

So, no. I don't have a simself, either.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    maddy444maddy444 Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Dewmzdeigh wrote:
    Not only do I not have one uploaded, but I've never made one.

same, i have a hobby of killing sims, and i dont want to kill myself :twisted:
  • Options
    JoannaAsia95JoannaAsia95 Posts: 1,245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have 5. XD
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't even have an emotional attachment to Sims that I sort of base on myself -- or base on anyone, for that matter. There's no point.

They're just characters in a game.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    Naw, I look like myself 24/7 in the real world. Why would I want to be myself in my imaginary worlds too?

None of my sims have ever looked a thing like the real me. :lol:
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have one and it was a bit depressing watching her get old and then die.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2009
    This Sim is an Alter Ego. Every Sim I Play (not make) has a little bit of me in it. Their Traits, clothes, and/or astrological signs. :mrgreen:

So, I have a lot of Simselves. I even used one in The Sims and TS2. But now I get to go with color. :lol:
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    My avatar's my simself, but it's not in my studio.
  • Options
    stylinkoolkatstylinkoolkat Posts: 522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The only reason why I don't have a Simself uploaded (or created for that matter) is because I stink at making Sims that look like real people.

My only attempt at making a Sim look like someone, was that of Kristen Stewart. She's in my exchange, but looks nothing like her. :lol:
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't understand why people think it's weird.
    It's just a game.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Rflong7 wrote:
    This Sim is an Alter Ego. Every Sim I Play (not make) has a little bit of me in it. Their Traits, clothes, and/or astrological signs. :mrgreen:

So, I have a lot of Simselves. I even used one in The Sims and TS2. But now I get to go with color. :lol:

I had an Alter Ego in highschool :lol:
  • Options
    stylinkoolkatstylinkoolkat Posts: 522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nattie wrote:
    I don't understand why people think it's weird.
    It's just a game.
  • Options
    shalynn_marieshalynn_marie Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have a simself uploaded (avatar) shes not 100% accurate but in-game its kinda creepy. I think its fun, I mean you can live out your dreams through them. For example, my sismself in ts2 married a creepily look alike exact replica of orlando bloom... *drools* I cant wait till the really talented cc makers come up with more accurate celebrity sims again :)
  • Options
    CCSLblomCCSLblom Posts: 1,082 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No your not the only one :) I've never made a simself (although I always said I would) but It be kinda weird yo upload it knowing people are going to put it in your game and do woo knows what with it lol but my avi actually kinda looks like me but only like 20% though.
  • Options
    New_RoostermanNew_Roosterman Posts: 402 New Member
    edited August 2009
    as the topic asks, am I the only one who doesnt want to share myself with the world? just wondering lol because i dont really like to create people i know because i feel bad if bad things happen to them. I like to create celebs or characters from books or games because I dont care much about where story progression takes them. :lol:

No you are not. My only created sim is a complete work of fiction. If I want me I'll live my life as is.
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited August 2009
    maddy444 wrote:

same, i have a hobby of killing sims, and i dont want to kill myself :twisted:

My first reason :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My second is, I cannot get myself to make... myself as a Sim o.O

Being able to do that is a TALENT I tell you!

My third, I think it's random XD I'd rather make fictional characters than myself. I have my own life to live outside the game (as in real experiences).

EDIT:

OMG, my spelling shucks.
  • Options
    YusonoYusono Posts: 680 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well I convinced myself to do it because I wanted an avatar and did not want another sim to be my avatar. Also I was going to make a model of my dorm to gage roughly how much space I had there, also because it would be fun, and I wanted me to have my dorm room.

However my sim doesn't really look that much like me. She basically has the same hair color, far sightedness, and taste in clothes. So I don't feel that uncomfortable with the idea.

Although I would like to know why she was downloaded so much.
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Heh, the sims that I create look way better than I actually do irl.
  • Options
    loppylibbsloppylibbs Posts: 32 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have not created a sim-self because I'm not able to... It's very hard to do my nose! I don't find it creepy, I just can't do it!!
  • Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Does a random sim with your name count as a Simself? or just lazy naming? Cause if that's the case, I've made one (and he slept with a townie who spawned a child with a stupid name) he's nothing like me though D8, plus I kinda deleted him >.>
  • Options
    cookie36cookie36 Posts: 274 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i normally just try to make a wide range of sims to have more diversity and make the game a bit more dynamic and realistic.

only tried to make a self sim once and i think i failed at it because is kinda hard to get nose and lips right and my hairstyle isent created yet by any cc maker so it dident turn out too well at the end.

i made a sim based upon a real life friend though and he does have a high resemblance with him irl.

my avatar is based upon a rl friend .

i notice most people download model like white types of sims instead of more ethnic more realistic type of sims such black or asians.