The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims 3 is missing: SIMS 4 IDEAS

clover087clover087 Posts: 261 New Member
There are so many things I wish sims had. :!: :!: :!:

Comments

• Options
    mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited June 2012
    The only idea can think of is a line that I heard from Mel Brook's movie "Spaceballs". This is a take on what was said

The Sims 4: The search for more money

In truth, I do not know what more E.A. Games might do with The Sims 4, I suppose they would just start from scratch, add a few new features, and so on. I do not know.
  • Options
    Selene_xxSelene_xx Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hm. I've found that each time I get a new EP I realise I've been missing out on things I didn't know I wanted. Like celebrities in Late Night.

Whatever the Sims 4 base game is like I just hope it has seasons, or at least weather. As a simmer living in England I find the eternal summer really quite disconcerting.
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ultrasounds while the mom is pregnant, more recipes and meals to make, more baby things, more cribs.
  • Options
    Selene_xxSelene_xx Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2012
    I really like the idea of ultrasounds. I wish I could send my sims to the hospital to find out the gender without having to have a sim already in the medical career. It really helps with decorating!

It would also be nice to bring back some of the little actions from TS2, such as...actually opening the door rather than somehow appearing in the car.
  • Options
    danielleb1989danielleb1989 Posts: 15
    edited June 2012
    i liked being able to have an alien baby in the sims 2, no more far fetched than vampires...
  • Options
    jayfristonjayfriston Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2012
    You wouldn't want Sims 4 because we would have to rebuy everything we already have in game but you could easily add expansion packs.
  • Options
    ellensim89ellensim89 Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2012
    I agree with Selene, I understand weather is a VERY tricky thing to crack, especially with the open neighbourhood, but I live in the UK and the Sun rarely shines haha! I want rain as standard! :roll:

Also I think I would like some better toddler furniture and toys, better vehicles (though FreshPrince has pleased me with his :wink:), clothes that fit better (anyone else find some of the basegame stuff sits funny on the sims?) TAKEOUTS other than pizza like maybe different kinds of restaurants? Oh soooo many to list.........
  • Options
    BliarBliar Posts: 308
    edited June 2012
    i'd rather have more EP's for sims 3 than a sims 4 right now(:
  • Options
    kansasdudekansasdude Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2012
    What I would like to see in The Sims 4 is cars that actually pull into driveways and if there's a garage, the door would open than the sim would drive right in than the door would close
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2012
    Parka12 wrote:
    Ultrasounds while the mom is pregnant, more recipes and meals to make, more baby things, more cribs.

theres a mod that has ultrasounds and a bunch of other stuff you can do at the hospital
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    The only idea can think of is a line that I heard from Mel Brook's movie "Spaceballs". This is a take on what was said

The Sims 4: The search for more money

Love it ;) Mel Brooks is one of my all-time favorite directors.

As for the above suggestions, ultrasounds sound(heh) great! I had to cheat my way into getting a Level 5 medical career sim into my Legacy town because Story Progression decided to make my usual go-to doctor quit his job and take up writing :? Geoffery Landgraab, that is.

As for you Brits and your rain, I would think you'd want to escape that unpleasant bit of weather in your games but I suppose it's familiar :P I, too, am looking forward to letting my Sims experience a torrential downpour! (LOVE thunder and lightning in the Sims 2)

Toddler stuff: Yes! I want more hair for toddlers and children! More clothing options would be nice as well. Also, I'd like to get a complete reboot of the baby/toddler facial features/actions. I want babies to be real, leg-possessing, Sims as opposed to little burritos. Also, toddlers are ALWAYS hideous in this game. Let's change that.

Regardless, I agree with someone above who mentioned that there are little things that you can find by playing The Sims 3 for longer than 5 minutes that you can't help but enjoy. I'm about to go back to The Sims 2 (not leaving The Sims 3, mind you) and we'll see if I last there or if I just can't do without The Sims 3's added features and give up on it entirely.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2012
    Selene_xx wrote:
    Hm. I've found that each time I get a new EP I realise I've been missing out on things I didn't know I wanted. Like celebrities in Late Night.

Whatever the Sims 4 base game is like I just hope it has seasons, or at least weather. As a simmer living in England I find the eternal summer really quite disconcerting.

Yes if the Sims 4 base game included weather it would make me so happy.
    I remember when weather arrived with TS2 Seasons in the Pleasant house one of the twins rooms had to be altered to prevent them freezing to death. As it is our sims really don't need rooves to their houses. :?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    edited June 2012
    EA will have to think outside the box on Sims 4, sure you can up the graphics, the AI, but it will not justify being called Sims 4. EA may have a few options 1. The ability to connect worlds depending on the end user's configuration 2. Move themes to other worlds with humans interacting openly with aliens. However, that project if it is in the works is still far off.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Pippi1409Pippi1409 Posts: 271 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Make Sims4 more family oriented.Toddlers and children should be more interesting and be able to do more.Newborns should not all look the same and different outfits for them would be good and a baby swing.I used to love the toddlers but in Sims3 they are totally boring.
    Sims3 is best played with one Sim and that's one thing that's wrong with it.
    I think Simmers like families.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited June 2012
    I want:

Story Progression that actually works! None of this making a ghost town and killing infants to keep the game running smoothly.

Creatures if they put in the ability to control whether or not a neighborhood gets them or not on a per neighborhood basis. This way the realistic Simmers don't have to deal with the creatures that I want, but they do not want. Basically, I want what they're doing with Supernatural from the get go.

Seasons in the base game ONLY if they do it without huge lag AND very few glitches. The lag issues is probably why it's been so long for seasons in TS3 and I know in TS2 they wanted weather in the base game but they couldn't figure out how to keep it from raining inside and deadlines imposed by EA forced them to remove it so they would have a working game to release.

Make it mod friendly from the start. Half the charm of the Sims series is being able to find mods to customize it to how a player wants to play! EA won't have to add in the things that would make it rated M, modders will and those who want it will go searching for those mods or learn to make it themselves.

And that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited June 2012
    kansasdude wrote:
    What I would like to see in The Sims 4 is cars that actually pull into driveways and if there's a garage, the door would open than the sim would drive right in than the door would close

Me too! Like this? Fast forward to 2:38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrU3PN0pZQ
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I know a lot of people don't want this, but I'd love more age groups. I know gradual aging is near impossible, but I'd at least love more age groups. I hate how all my families end up looking like they've got twins or triplets because all the kids end up in the same age group together. And I know this sounds stupid, but it'd be nice for my sims to have actual ages. I'd just rather see that "John" is 43 instead of having so many days until Elder. And if The Sims 4 has weather (if it doesn't, I may start a riot), it'd be nice for my sims' birthdays to always fall in the same season each time it came around. Can you tell I'm a realism player?
  • Options
    clover087clover087 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think that sims should get sick sometimes, like in sims 2. And have to go to the hospital. Sims should be able to get tan/sunburn when out it the sun a long time. It annoys me how i cant see my sims at work, so seeing sims at work should at least be in Sims 4!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I know a lot of people don't want this, but I'd love more age groups. I know gradual aging is near impossible, but I'd at least love more age groups. I hate how all my families end up looking like they've got twins or triplets because all the kids end up in the same age group together. And I know this sounds stupid, but it'd be nice for my sims to have actual ages. I'd just rather see that "John" is 43 instead of having so many days until Elder. And if The Sims 4 has weather (if it doesn't, I may start a riot), it'd be nice for my sims' birthdays to always fall in the same season each time it came around. Can you tell I'm a realism player?

Not at all ;)

But yeah, a more realistic age progression sounds nice. It's weird having four teens in a household when one is about 3 or 4 days older. It would be nice if there were some way to make it obvious that we has older. >.>
  • Options
    ellensim89ellensim89 Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ohhhh I like that! Even if we couldn't get more age groups, how about adjusting Sims height?? Or a slider to determine how old a person "looks" - even just their face??

Also sickness and sun tans are up there with my top!!

Great ideas!!
  • Options
    PeaceLoveConversPeaceLoveConvers Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    No more rabbit holes, have people be able to look inside ALL the buildings, and ultrasounds, and be able to have more than triplets like quadruplets so the surrounded by family wish can be easier, and have there be able for teens to move out and start sharing a house with teen roomates
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No more rabbit holes, have people be able to look inside ALL the buildings, and ultrasounds, and be able to have more than triplets like quadruplets so the surrounded by family wish can be easier, and have there be able for teens to move out and start sharing a house with teen roomates

Eh, I don't mind rabbit holes, personally. I'd rather not clog up my town with unnecessary building details.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited June 2012
    No more rabbit holes

100% this!!

and I want a return of Open for Business, (properly!). :P
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    More male hair and cloths
    3 settings for Height (though this is doubtful )
    The ability to build your own town ( even if it ment having SC 5 )
    Less rabit holes ( again doubtful )
    More Jobs
    BAKING SKILL !!!
    More plantable crops and the ability to plant Herbs that can enhance the taste of food (or diminish it if you chose poorly )
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited June 2012