Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sim's stories today?

Comments

• Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi Everybody,

Faye: Hope all goes well when you have your surgery. Remember our Great Physician is in full control. Enjoy my first installment of Raphael's story.

Dreamerz: Enjoyed your most recent update and hope that Hayley can find someone to trust as everyone needs a friend they can talk to.

Hope you're having lots of fun on your trip.

Meggera: Welcome back, and your new story sounds like it will be very interesting. Look forward to further developments.

Wicki: Hope you've had a nice day off. I'm having so much fun with my new stories that I've decided to archive my MacDougall, Estiban, Martingale legacies for now and have put them in the D drive on my computer while I try some of the legacy & game challenges with the Sims of my friends here in the thread. I'm only keeping my Steel and Day legacies going as they will soon be winding down to an end after the 10th generation.

I'm also practicing writing in the third person as I've always found it easier to write in the first-person.

Nay: I will be starting my next story with Malix and his family. I may do either a modified 'Humble beginnings' or 'wishacy' with them. Let me know when you want them back for your story.

Fairybird: Hope you're feeling better. Read and commented on your update on your blog.

Hope that everyone else is having a great day and weekend.

The Kite Family Careeracy: A Variety of Careers
    Posted on June 22, 2012
    Generation One: Raphael & Hailey Kite

Author’s note: My third new story will focus on the Careeracy Challenge where the founder and heirs of each generation have different careers so that none of the career, profession, or self-employed jobs are repeated. Since I’m doing this for fun and not scoring, I will be using the rule page as a guidelines not absolutes so that I can allow my Sims to have as much say in their lives as possible. This will help in choosing the heir of each generation and would depend on which child of the family chooses a different career than his/her parent. Adopted children will also be considered for heir as there will be no discrimination in my family. This challenge legacy will star FayeShinomori’s Sim, Raphael Kite who is one of her non-heirs from a few generations ago.

Chapter One: A New Life in Appaloosa Plains

Raphael was born into the loving Kite family many years ago in Sunset Valley where he and his brother Oliver grew up as best buddies and always helped out where they could around the house. Once they both finished school, Raphael and Oliver moved to the nice town of Elmira City to begin lives of their own where Raphael had been offered a job in the local business offices. While he enjoyed his job and making new friends, Raphael felt that he wanted more out of life than sitting behind a desk all day and dealing with customer complaints. Since he likes making people happy, Raphael decided to apply for medical school so that he could become a well-respected, caring doctor who would not rest until his patients were recovered from whatever illness they had. After applying to several med schools online, Raphael was thrilled to receive and acceptance letter from Gavin Pinkerton, chief of medicine, at the Appaloosa Plains School of Medicine and General Hospital.

After packing his bags and saying good-bye to his brother, Raphael caught an early flight the next morning and arrived in Appaloosa Plains that afternoon. Gavin met him at the airport and took him to the local real estate office where he used most of his savings to purchase a nice home with a pool in the backyard on *****-Link Dr and spent the rest of the day redecorating the main part of the house and the master bedroom in tones of his favorite color, red. Having to cook for yourself is one way to become a good chef and Raphael is showing that he does have a lot of talent in that area and has only burnt one meal and that’s because he had to finish cooking it when he got home from work but at least the house didn’t catch on fire after he left the stove on in his hurry to get out the door. Now repairing things is another story as he almost electrocuted himself trying to fix the computer which then caught fire but thankfully he was able to put out the flames and after a shower went to bed.

Raphael is very ambitious and within the first two days of his medical training he was promoted to bed pan cleaner where he met and quickly became best friends with Hailey Shepherd who would eventually become his wife. While on the subject of work, Raphael’s boss Gavin has been really impressed with his work and the two of them are also good friends and by the end of his first three weeks (Sim time), Raph has worked his way through the ranks and is now a gene therapist and has changed his lifetime wish to becoming a world-famous surgeon as he no longer wants to a master romancer since he has found his true love.

Apparently Raphael was quite a ladies’ man in high school and he had decided that he wanted to become a master romancer in his lifetime but that all changed after he met Hailey. After they became best friends, Raphael invited over one evening after work and they chatted for a while and found out that they had a lot in common as both are hopeless romantics and had similar lifetime wishes except Hailey wanted to be a heartbreaker until Raph came into her life. Romance was really sparking that night and after sharing their first kiss jumped the gun a little and had their first woohoo before they were officially dating.

After that night life got extra busy for Raphael as he was on-call almost every night since he and Gavin were the only ones qualified to handle emergencies until another resident joined the staff a few days later. Raphael and Hailey still found some time to chat on the phone and at the end of week went out on a date together at the local restaurant and then went back to his place where he invited her to spend the night. Don’t worry she slept in the guest room but they had a wonderful romantic time together that evening and even sang karaoke together on Raphael’s new machine. After getting promoted to gene therapist, Raphael had the evenings free again and asked Hailey out on another date, this time to Mick’s Karaoke and after some kissing and a lot of romancing, Raphael proposed to his beloved and she excitedly said “YES” and after that night they were no longer hopeless romantics as they had found true love in each other.

The next afternoon, Raphael decided to have a bachelor party that evening at the local Dive Bar and invited all his male friends and acquaintances. However the life of a doctor means you have to be available at all times and just as his party was about to begin, he got called to the hospital to help care for the victims of two-car collision. Although the party continued without him and his guests had a good time it wasn’t the same without the guest-of-honor. Raphael didn’t want to risk getting called away to the hospital during a wedding ceremony he decided to ask Hailey out on another date to the new Sweet Treats hangout in town and when she greeted him with a kiss and amorous hug, Raphael decided to seal the deal right then and he and Hailey were married in a private ceremony among the flowers and under the stars outside the hangout.

Now that she’s married, Hailey plans to leave her job at the hospital and begin a career as a writer as that is what she always has wanted to do since she loves books. Once they are settled into their lives together, Raphael and Hailey plan to begin their family and adopt a dog for their future children to play with. Well that’s all for now and before they hit the sack after an excited evening, this happy couple would like to extend a warm welcome to all of their friends to visit them in Appaloosa Plains. Raphael sends s a special hello his family back home and his brother, Oliver who is still in Elmira City but will soon be starting out on new life himself.

Please stay tuned for more news from Raphael and Hailey after they enjoy a little time to themselves on their honeymoon.

Silver
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here are the pictures to go with Raphael's update.

This is Raphael's home. It's still a work in progress and the other bedrooms will be redecorated as the children start coming.

The living room and kitchen.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Screenshot-45.jpg

Raphael decided he wanted more lawn space, so had a smaller pool put in.

Screenshot-46.jpg

Screenshot-47.jpg

In his rush to catch his carpool, Raphael accidentally left the stove on. Fortunately it didn't catch fire but he ended up burning his pancakes when he got home from work.

Screenshot-48.jpg

Raphael playing the guitar at the cat-lady, Hettie Lionheart's party. Not sure where the cats were but there were a lot of food dishes around.

Screenshot-50.jpg

Apparently Hettie is not a very good cook.

Screenshot-51.jpg

Real exciting looking party, eh? 'Yawn'

Screenshot-52.jpg

With a 4-star celebrity status, Raphael is always followed by the paparazzi.

Screenshot-55.jpg

Raphael thought he'd do a good deed at Oriole Bird's party and clean the bird cage but instead of thank you, he almost got thrown out of the party for being inappropriate.

Screenshot-57.jpg

Group conversation.

Screenshot-59.jpg

Raphael got his garden started.

Screenshot-60.jpg

Screenshot-61.jpg

Keeping his logic skills up for his medical career.

Screenshot-62.jpg

Hailey Shepherd's first evening visit to Raphael's house.

Screenshot-63.jpg

First kiss,

Screenshot-64.jpg

Cupid's arrow is burning hot!

Screenshot-65.jpg

Raphael's first vaccination clinic, Jackie Miller waiting for her shot.

Screenshot-68.jpg

Raphael and Hailey's second date.

Screenshot-70.jpg

Cuddling on the couch later that night after Raph asked her to spend the night.

Screenshot-72.jpg

Screenshot-73.jpg

Singing karaoke together.

Screenshot-74.jpg

Bambi stopped by for a visit.

Screenshot-78.jpg

Third date at Mick's Karaoki.

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpg

Screenshot-83.jpg

Raphael proposing to Hailey.

Screenshot-85.jpg

Vaccination clinic.

Screenshot-87.jpg

Fascinating snake.

Screenshot-88.jpg

Raphael's bachelor party that he ended up missing due to an emergency at the hospital.

Screenshot-89.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

Raphael & Hailey having a private wedding on their date the next day.

Screenshot-91.jpg

Screenshot-92.jpg

Screenshot-93.jpg

Hailey got herself a new wardrobe.

Screenshot-95.jpg

Here's a couple of video clips of Raphael & Hailey singing karaoke.

th_Video-3.jpg

th_Video-4.jpg

That's all the pictures for now. Enjoy!

Silver
  • Options
    TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited June 2012
    I got a new chapter for Journey to 101. That means more Khai!

Journey to 101: Diva Star

543305_382642881797044_699526134_n.jpg

My thread to read previous chapters and post comments
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited June 2012
    @Silver: SQUEE! Raphael is married! I'm so happy! Does his wife want children? Not sure if I read that or not. I just mainly gathered most of the info from the pictures you included, which I loved! I'm just so thrilled that Raphael is married! And yes, I know that God is looking out for me. I just don't know why He forces me to go through all these trials. Is it because I doubt Him sometimes? I don't know, but I'm miserable. Sigh.

Anyways, here are pics of the two beautiful twins Nxy and Elysia as Teens!
    First, Elysia:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/859/398/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

And now, Nyx:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/860/398/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Edit: Drum roll, please! I now present to you...a YA Iryadessa, in all her stunning glory!
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/932/398/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

She is just so naturally beautiful and I love everything about her. I can't wait to get started on making her husband! Those children are going to be BEAUTIFUL!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nay: Read your latest update and you do have an interesting family there. I installed your Lex family but for some reason it doesn't show in my clipboard. So I was wondering if you could upload Malix and his family individually then I could recreate the family in CAS.

Faye: Yes, your heir is stunning and I like her more natural look. The twins are pretty, too. I think I like Elysia the best. If you like I could also do a story with your first heir choice, Iryadessa's sister?

Silver
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Another new chapter for Journey to 101 is up.

Journey to 101: Zinnia's wish

543210_382714868456512_295371765_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nay: Read your latest update and you do have an interesting family there. I installed your Lex family but for some reason it doesn't show in my clipboard. So I was wondering if you could upload Malix and his family individually then I could recreate the family in CAS.

Faye: Yes, your heir is stunning and I like her more natural look. The twins are pretty, too. I think I like Elysia the best. If you like I could also do a story with your first heir choice, Iryadessa's sister?

Silver

I can if the exchange lets me
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Silver

Which sister? She has three sisters, one older and two younger. I'm assuming you mean Cassandra. I'm not sure where she's at. I moved her out with Cillian and I think she's still a Teen. The rest of the family is moved out as well. I could try to find the house where Cillian and Cassandra are staying and upload Cassandra if you really want her. Or if you want Elysia, she's a Teen now so I'm not sure if you want her or not. Let me know either way :)

Anyways, here are pics from Iryadessa's wedding party:
    The Proposal:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/386/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Iryadessa in her formal dress, which is a lovely dress I picked up from the Store:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/385/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

The wedding, or as it's called in Spanish, La Boda:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/387/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

The exchanging of rings:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/388/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

And here are the two lovers on the banana split sofa out on the pool island:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/384/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2012
    @Silver: Thanks, it's definitely been a while since I've been on here. As far as my story goes, I'm about to start writing it tonight. I've been gone pretty much the whole day, and so now I'm finally sitting down to try and get this story going. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here's a quick pic I took of Eli's facial reaction to Iryadessa's "shocking" announcement that she's pregnant!
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/461/399/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg

He's thrilled and so is she. They're going to be great parents, I just know it. Oh, and Silver? I can't find Cassandra anywhere. I've located Elysia and Nyx along with their parents, but the girls are still just Teens. They just aged up to Teens the day they moved out with their parents. So I'm afraid I can't help you in that department. SORRY!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi Faye: Congrats on the wedding. I was thinking Cillian who I think was one of your favorites. If you can't find her, I could use Elysia as I like her, too.

Silver
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited June 2012
    evening all:

How are you. I'm still not feeling really great but I've not gotten worse and was able to do all the shopping I needed to do today. Thanks to all that voted on the Pet Masters.

I've caught up on most everyone's stories but for Nay's now and Chelsea's and I'll read those tomorrow. I'm sleepy tonight but going to do some work on finishing up the chapter for the Frost's.

@Faye- I'm so glad they got your surgery moved up and hope it helps all the pain and nausea you've had to endure. I love your Sims as always and enjoyed your pics.

@ Silver- Your new family is sweet. I chuckled at his name since one of my Sims, whom I haven't shown you guys yet, is also named Raphael.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @Sliver, I got everyone upload except for Nilix. I got a system error when I tried to upload her so I will have to package her again. :evil:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited June 2012
    Faye: What date is your surgery scheduled for? I know you told us and I was thinking it was like next week? I do want to know for sure..certainly want to say a special prayer for you and be certain to be thinking of you on that day...I think we all need to know our friends think of us during special events in our lives...I know this surgery is going to be a blessed event because it will change your frequent pain you suffer now to not anymore and that is what we all want for you!

Iyra is lovely in her special dress bought for her wedding..spainish is so romantic, Buenos Suartes..(I'm sure I didn't spell luck right in spainish..too lazy to look it up :oops:
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2012
    Okay I feel like I've warped into simland am and in Twinbrook...other than being in a hotel that doesn't exist in the game. It's such a hilariously awesome little place, it's like they have no idea they're a small town. It's super cute and pretty though, and so dang peaceful. I may not want to go home ever. I'm stuck on my tablet...they have a public computer but it's so far down the hall and I'm lazy... so I'm struggling a bit to read anything. I keep pressing links or the back button and losing my page. Which takes forever to load. I'll be trying to keep up as much as I can though, and worry about the rest at home. Hope you all are doing super wonderful. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    wickichick wrote:
    Faye: What date is your surgery scheduled for? I know you told us and I was thinking it was like next week? I do want to know for sure..certainly want to say a special prayer for you and be certain to be thinking of you on that day...I think we all need to know our friends think of us during special events in our lives...I know this surgery is going to be a blessed event because it will change your frequent pain you suffer now to not anymore and that is what we all want for you!

Surgery is scheduled for July 9th! I'm nervous, but at the same time, I just want to get this over with.
    @Silver: Elysia is part of her (semi) whole family; her parents and twin sister. I'd have to upload the entire family, unfortunately, and I know you don't want the whole family. I could sneak into the house, age her up really quick, and risk the computer choosing the trait for me because I know it will since she has a C in school. But I can totally do that for you if you want me to.

@jbfairybird: Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. It's really a blessing to have friends like you guys looking out for me and praying for me. There's nothing stronger than the power of prayer, that much I know for sure in what few years I've been walking this earth. The power of prayer can change so many things, turn so many bad events into something blessed, and it's just a magical, life-altering experience to feel the effects of a granted prayer!

@everyone else: Iryadessa gave birth to twins, Charlotte and Blade Kite just now. Both parents started out wanting to hold and snuggle their newborns which leads me to believe that they're going to be fantastic parents. I'm not sure whether or not to let them have more children seeing as how I'd be risking another set of twins or, Heaven forbid, a set of triplets! So I think I'll wait a bit until the babies are halfway through the Toddler stage before I let Iryadessa and Eli try for another baby (or babies).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I did take my grand-daughter to SnowWhite and the Huntsman...it was ok, but only ok..the changes made in this version so lacked the passion it could've had/should've had...everyone loves the disney version of this tale..I was kinda excited to see what a more grown-up version would be...the special affects were good and the evil step-mother queen couldn't have been more evil, she was perfect..but there was a serious lack of romantic connection in this story where only the kiss of a prince pure of heart could break the spell of the poison apple..I acually shouldn't say there was a lack of romance..there was none...It was like looking forward to a chilled coke on ice and then finding the coke is flat..such a disappointment...and talk about characitures..in a movie of this magnitude there wasn't any(no, the wicked queen was well done)..there should be 7 loveable dwarfs who capture your heart with their humor and aptitude to overcome..this movie felt rushed skipping over the parts that would've made it a great story..the black forest was very good and scary..the huntsman was kind hearted..the prince was absent..the dwarfs, if that is what we would call them..barely exist.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    dreamerz13: *waves* you are on your trip away..so awesome..just have the best time ever..the hotel sounds perfect, like a place you so rarely find. Good to hear from you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ShyneiaShyneia Posts: 705
    edited June 2012
    wickichick wrote:
    I did take my grand-daughter to SnowWhite and the Huntsman...it was ok, but only ok..the changes made in this version so lacked the passion it could've had/should've had...everyone loves the disney version of this tale..I was kinda excited to see what a more grown-up version would be...the special affects were good and the evil step-mother queen couldn't have been more evil, she was perfect..but there was a serious lack of romantic connection in this story where only the kiss of a prince pure of heart could break the spell of the poison apple..I acually shouldn't say there was a lack of romance..there was none...It was like looking forward to a chilled coke on ice and then finding the coke is flat..such a disappointment...and talk about characitures..in a movie of this magnitude there wasn't any(no, the wicked queen was well done)..there should be 7 loveable dwarfs who capture your heart with their humor and aptitude to overcome..this movie felt rushed skipping over the parts that would've made it a great story..the black forest was very good and scary..the huntsman was kind hearted..the prince was absent..the dwarfs, if that is what we would call them..barely exist.

LOL! I absolutely love your summary of the movie. I am excited to see it and will be going to see it next week. The evil queen has always been my favorite and I hear that she was really wicked in this particular movie. As long as this is true, I don't really mind everything else too much. Your post was great though, it actually made me chuckle over here. I'm happy you got to spend time with your grand-daughter, I'm sure she treasured the moment too.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Shyneia: LOL, glad you liked my movie review...I am so glad you are going..can't wait to see what you think..betcha you will like the special effects, I was impressed with the black forest..too. You will like the evil queen, I don't know how they could've done a better job there..my grand-daughter really liked it...and yes, time with her is always priceless.

omg :-o so stoked for the new world..anyone watch the review? Did those ladies do an awesome job or what? Hands down the best presentation ever..loved the stories surrounding this town and the terrain paints are just overwhelmingly gorgeous..glad I didn't buy the casino..had a feeling I wouldn't be sorry.
    Tristan and Emily just moved to TwinBrooks and are busy getting settled..the move went off without a hitch..far as I can tell anyways. Eli and Emma are back at school and busy making new friends. This year has been nothing short of amazing for simmers with Showtime, KPST, a couple new worlds, Diesel..Supernatural..and Seasons..I think it really is time to start thinking just how you want your game to suite your playing style..just how many computers are going to be able to run it all?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @Sliver, I have everyone uploaded separately
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wicki wrote: This year has been nothing short of amazing for simmers with Showtime, KPST, a couple new worlds, Diesel..Supernatural..and Seasons..I think it really is time to start thinking just how you want your game to suite your playing style..just how many computers are going to be able to run it all?
    So true, this year has been GREAT for us simmers... thankfully I have just removed a huge game from my computer and my Sims games seem to be running much smoother YAY *happy dance* Next month I am planning on getting ST Ep and SN too, and I can say that I am SO excited about them... I hope that everyone's computers can run everything smoothly

Have a great weekend everyone, hopefully my 5th chapter will be up sometime this week, as I can't do any work until our suppliers have finished their stock-take, so, small holiday YAY again.

*HUGS for everyone*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Good Morning,

Faye: Having Elysia would be great. No need to rush on aging her up, just share her on her next birthday. I've started a challenge with one of Ivory's Sims and plan to play my Steel & Day legacies after I do her intro before starting other new challenges.

Ivory: I hope you don't mind that I've chosen your Sim, Natasha Peel for my next new legacy story.

Nay: Thanks, I'll download them after I play my Steel & Day families.

Dreamerz: Glad you're having a nice relaxing time. If you haven't read Damon & Crimson's intro, yet here is the link so you don't have to go back too far in the thread.

http://silverdaybreak.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/the-salvatore-familys-evil-wishacy/

Wicki: Hope you're enjoying your two days off. Once I finish my Steel & Day legacies I plan to bring my MacDougall & Estiban families out my archive and continue their stories, so Nattie should be making her appearance at that time, hopefully later this summer.

Have a great day, everyone!

Silver
  • Options
    coolgirl65coolgirl65 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2012
    So I was playing the sims and the paper girl came and her name was wait for it, Dee Liver :lol:
  • Options
    coolgirl65coolgirl65 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2012
    wickichick wrote:

I saw that a couple days ago, I was really hopeing for a little bit better of movie, AND most if not all the dwarfs were not dwarves they are regular sized one is actually like 6 feet tall

I also saw Disney's Brave yesterday because I love Disney Princesses and I think I might have been the only person over 7 that actually wanted to see it :lol:

Faye I hope your surgery goes well!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: