Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is taking the Sims in the wrong direction

Comments

• Options
    mrmoomoo222mrmoomoo222 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    So this is completely out of the blue but i reread the interview a few times and the last question involved the puzzles after i read it a few times i think that you have to solve a puzzle to get into a room but isnt it like that on any game like that?EA probably wants to make a challenge to allow players to have a bit more fun and less boring because over time everyone gets bored.But i think with the puzzles and whatnot it will make it less boring meaning i will be able to play for a long time as now i can play for like a month until i get bored(and no i dont mean a month straight) but i know for a fact EA doesnt want to have players go to lets say egypt. walk in the pyramid or whatever, find the artifact then leave...how boring is that?
  • Options
    4ferrets4ferrets Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think their taking a big risk.

depending on how they do it. it just may
    take the Sims3 to a whole new level, or be a complete bust.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    kiwilemon wrote:
    im just kind of mad that some of you guys wont buy the ep just cause there are some puzzles,

But everyone has a right to buy or not based upon if they feel they would like it or not. So why should it bug you?
    its just i dont see what your problem is.
    Our problems could be puzzles for rewards. Would you like it if your mother told you that you could visit a friend's home ONLY until you solved a puzzle?
    if some of you cant handle a few tiny little puzzles, then maybe you should start playing dora the explorer.

Gad, you just don't get it..... some players are beyond simple puzzle solving. How hard can they be since as you stated, so many children (and people your age) are playing this game too. And BTW, what excitement will you get once one of your sims solves the puzzles? I expect boredom to come pretty fast if there is not a big data base of puzzles in the EP.
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Allitems.jpg
    youthandcastle.jpg
    Bayside.jpg
    Hewnsman.jpg
    Storybook.jpg
    Tiki.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    YouthSet.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    Dress.jpg
    Hair.jpg
  • Options
    babybuzzing28babybuzzing28 Posts: 616 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    Allitems.jpg
    youthandcastle.jpg
    Bayside.jpg
    Hewnsman.jpg
    Storybook.jpg
    Tiki.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    YouthSet.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    Dress.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    huh?
  • Options
    cosmopolisimcosmopolisim Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2009
    "EA is taking the Sims in the wrong direction" I have to agree with that!

Adventure?
    Give me a adventure theme park pack to build and play in or a zoo or something real like that so I can go build and visit! That would give the sims 3 a new needed twist that many would appreciate! Also that would be fun to start your own clubs if you want like cub scouts or brownies for your little simmies or a book club or something like that that is a social thing for you to gather your simmies together and have fun. I want my camping back also. WE could have an adventure in the woods to explore and find stuff or even a bear or racoon while we are on our camping trip. Also to go canoening would add to it too. Have a camping exp pack just a thought.

I Love to play for realism.....
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    The main goal right now should be doing Sunset Valley and Riverview more interesting places. At least I (and few others I'm pretty sure) feel that they are incomplete. Putting Egypt and China to game isn't going to make towns already existing any better. And that is the wrong way...
  • Options
    ashleyswederashleysweder Posts: 1,198 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Agree with you totally! At first I thought that it would be like the sims 2 bon voyage, but then slowly I started to learn otherwise. What a crappy FIRST expansion, it would have been ok for maybe 2nd or 3rd, personally I was hoping for a nightlife expansion or i would have even settled for the university expansion, but I have had enough difficulties just learning how to play the new version of this game properly that I don't think I am going to buy this expansion pack right away....i think I'll wait, Let's just wait for the second expansion and see what that is.

P.S. The Sims 3 already has alot of option for fantasy
  • Options
    ashleyswederashleysweder Posts: 1,198 New Member
    edited August 2009
    kiwilemon wrote:
    I think the only reason why the third time setting got sped up in the patch was because of the people asking for it to be fixed. This place has a lot of influence.

The only thing that truly gets on my nerves is the people that speak about the EP immaturely. I applaud the OP for explaining his/her reasons for not liking the EP, even though I do happen to disagree. Instead of just bad mouthing it.

I totally agree with you!
    i kept telling people before that if they cant handle a few puzzles than dont buy the ep.
    and im a teen and im sooo excited about it! and im not a fan of puzzles!
    because people no offence but if you cant handle a few puzzles, you must be pretty lazy.
    and if your saying doing puzzles isnt realistic!
    welll your soooo wrong, cause different puzzles come in handy EVERYWHERE.
    so please just quit complaining.
    cause some people are really excited, and your just ruining it!

Your opinion is valued but don't come on the forum and blatantly insult those of us who don't like the change. We are not lazy we just don't like the change. If you read the heading of a forum and don't agree with what you see, and have the urge to insult those who don't agree with you, I advise that instead of throwing around accusations about our athleticism you just kindly pass by it and ignore our ranting if it bothers you that much. The only one ruining it for you is you.
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i dont think this ep is a bad idea tbh, if the sims was too much like real life why would i play it? i'd rather there was a little bit of fantasy mixed in with the realism of the sims

I hope they provide both reality and fantasy. It's just like tv.. if you don't like what's on the channel change it.. don't by the expansions you don't agree with would be my advice. But be happy for those of us who like the expansions you don't. :wink:
  • Options
    SimboSmithSimboSmith Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i reckon they should try and focus on the open-gameplay more.

that's what the Sims is all about. An open game where you can do whatever you want, at your own speed. build your stuff, design your own things blah blah

but it sounds like they are trying to introduce 'missions' -- where you can only do stuff if you've collected all the right things, put them in all the right places, clicked the right buttons, spoken to the right people, and completed all the necessary 'opportunities'.
    that kind of game is alright, so far as it goes, but it's no longer open gameplay. because once you've done it once, you are unlikely to want to go through the whole rigmarole again with your next generation sim.

a holiday pack would probably be quite good in Sims 3. but they want to try and make it open.
    maybe stick a few hotels and holiday buildings down by the beaches -- because they've got a few of those on the map already.
    and they can have an alpine resort up in the mountains, where the waterfall is.
    if they do it that way then it is truly open -- because as well as going on a little break there you could also get a job, or go for a day trip, or do whatever you want.

but i'm guessing that they won't bother with any of that -- they'll just make us take a taxi to that airport place on the map, and fly off through a loading screen.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2009
    martymcfly wrote:
    Sorry, no offence but I do not agree with you! If sims is a simulation of real life then real life do not have magic, witches, vampires, ghosts, plant people etc. The addition of sims adventures in Egypt, China and France is going to make the game more interesting! All those puzzles and opportunities are adding more to the sims gameplay experience! I welcome the change because I am bored with the same old expansion packs! Plus other countries in the game would mean more diversity in architecture, landscapes, culture, clothing, food etc. So I am looking forward to this expansion pack!

Yes, think of all the rabbit holes and scenery backdrops you can't get anywhere else. Geez. And all of those puzzle! Dig fifty holes in the sand and gain a hole digging in the sand skill point. Yes, now you can explore the pyramids of Egypt, the same way you explore the catacombs alredy. It'll be a blast. :roll:

How do you know that all those community lots are going to be rabbit holes? How can you know that without playing the game? Maybe all those places are not going to be rabbit holes! If you do not like puzzles, simply do not let your sims go to Egypt! If you hate the ep so much already do not buy the ep! Simple! :roll:
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    yanti68 wrote:
    martymcfly wrote:
    Sorry, no offence but I do not agree with you! If sims is a simulation of real life then real life do not have magic, witches, vampires, ghosts, plant people etc. The addition of sims adventures in Egypt, China and France is going to make the game more interesting! All those puzzles and opportunities are adding more to the sims gameplay experience! I welcome the change because I am bored with the same old expansion packs! Plus other countries in the game would mean more diversity in architecture, landscapes, culture, clothing, food etc. So I am looking forward to this expansion pack!

Yes, think of all the rabbit holes and scenery backdrops you can't get anywhere else. Geez. And all of those puzzle! Dig fifty holes in the sand and gain a hole digging in the sand skill point. Yes, now you can explore the pyramids of Egypt, the same way you explore the catacombs alredy. It'll be a blast. :roll:

How do you know that all those community lots are going to be rabbit holes? How can you know that without playing the game? Maybe all those places are not going to be rabbit holes! If you do not like puzzles, simply do not let your sims go to Egypt! If you hate the ep so much already do not buy the ep! Simple! :roll:

I totaly agree with you yanti68.
  • Options
    kiwilemonkiwilemon Posts: 110 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ok just listen, im not calling you lazy.
    i didnt mean it like that.
    but i just really dont see what you guys are so worried about?
    if you dont like the puzzles, then dont do them.
    play around with the rest of the features, cause EA didnt say it was all puzzles.
    they just said when your exploring.
    so please dont say bad things before you try it.
    sorry if i hurt anyone saying you were lazy, i didnt mean it that way.
  • Options
    PlayBeyond14PlayBeyond14 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I disagree with you 100%. I like were they are going with this and just like other people said EA cant make everyone happy.But just give them time dude they will eventually make seasons or open for buisness or univeristy just give them time they are trying diffrent things and want to see what people like.
  • Options
    KakashifangirlKakashifangirl Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well...you don't have to buy the expansion pack if you don't want to solve puzzles, or send your sims anywhere. Just wait and hope for other ep's to come out, that's all.
  • Options
    CinnamonbiteCinnamonbite Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sapphicc wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Although I'll admit I did really want magic... Ah, well.

I miss magic too
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I belive Sims 3 is making a wrong turn and I'll explain why, when Sims 2 was the new thing we had it as the people simulator and Sims Stories as the sorta adventure/rpgish type games, judging by the discription of this new expansion pack it sounds like they are turning Sims 3 into another Sims Stories. It's like they are attempting to merge the two. What World Adventure should be is a combination of Vacation and Bon Voyage with the newer graphics, more content, and more places to visit. And more interactions.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited August 2009
    Don't judge a game by its cover this EP isn't even out until november and all we have is just a few pictures and articles to go by so who knows the game could be totally different by the time it comes out. As a diehard sims fan Im totally for anything that will make the sims better then its ever been before.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2009
    How do you know that all those community lots are going to be rabbit holes? How can you know that without playing the game? Maybe all those places are not going to be rabbit holes! If you do not like puzzles, simply do not let your sims go to Egypt! If you hate the ep so much already do not buy the ep! Simple!

Ah! And to think I almost didn't come back to this topic. After a couple of posts it generally takes me a while if I ever do.

Well, your first question is rather ignorant, isn't it. Of course my reply was purely sarcastic speculation based on what we were sold in the base game just as those who get on here and are singing the praises and who are anxious to buy it site unseen because it's the greatest thing that has ever happened to the Sims and will give them some kind of Simtastic climax. Although they know nothing about the game either.

"Do not buy the EP," you ask.

Did you just think that up right now all by yourself? Or did you mummy help you for an hour or too. It's so absolutely really original and I haven't read that one in at least the past five minutes.

Unlike the goofballs like yourself who proclaim that they are going to buy it sight unseen and sing it's praises as if they are in the chorus of Mama Mia! while being as totally clueless about the game as anyone else, I haven't said I would or wouldn't buy it and won't until I know what I'm getting or not gettin g. At the time that I do, I will make that decision, unlike certain other Sim deadheads on here.

That being said, I do have the Sims 3. I have the entire Sims 2 library except Home and Garden. And having experienced the bill of goods being sold as the Sims 3, I have as much right to speculate about what's in it, good or bad, as the other ones on here such as yourself who think we should all just be EA bots and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Now, here's a cookie for you.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited August 2009

:shock: :shock: I haven't read the entire posts...too many pages and too little attention span, but by reading this I'd have to say this topic is heated. It really isn't necessary to get into an all out flame war over it is it? I read the article regarding the new ep and I'm not sure at all if I'll buy it. I guess I wait and hear the pro's and cons when it comes out. :)

• Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2009
    but by reading this I'd have to say this topic is heated. It really isn't necessary to get into an all out flame war over it is it?

You're right it isn't. And I would normally agree with you wholeheartedly.

But nothing presses my buttons quicker than someone saying or even constantly implying that we should only write positive happy stuff on here about the games and never criticize, or those who continually act as if I and others have no right to an opinion.

My original post was nothing more than witty sarcastic speculation. You can disagree with me all you want, you don't have to find it funny, and I don't care.

But when you try to tell me I'm not allowed the same type of speculation as someone else just because my opinion may not be full of EA worship and I guarantee you I'll say something about it. And time and time again there are those who continually try to silence any criticism of this game, the EP, the Store or EA in general. Well, to heck with that.

• Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims 3 seems less like a simulator game than sims 2 to me....dunno why.
  • Options
    roseconsumptionroseconsumption Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    martymcfly: It sounds to me that those people are just saying they're excited about a the first ep in general and hey, maybe they even like the idea of puzzles. They're not "singing praises" or whatever the crazy hell you were saying. They're right: if you don't like the idea/reviews of a game, don't buy it.

People also have the right to say they don't like the themes of the new ep. Nobody should be attacking another's opinion though.

• Options
    naturedancenaturedance Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh for the love of Will Wright! I believe that our community forum is a wonderful place to voice our opinions... and yes, TPTB do read these posts and get ideas from them. I personally am looking forward to ANY EP that they put out, as it will allow me to experience new things with the sims that I've created.
    I've always purchased every EP and SP just for that reason. I didn't always use everything that came with them, in fact, I never did manage to make a werewolf sim...
    If we don't all keep voicing our opinions, then only the few who take the time to post or e-mail will be able to influence the outcome of the future games.
    The EP isn't released yet, right? So they can make tons of changes. These gd work every day, five or more days a week, and nothing is set in stone (well maybe the pyramids).

I just wish they would introduce a spell/grammar check into the forum posting page :)

slainte!
    ND