Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let me gets this Straight about Vampires in SN

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited June 2012
    Staker wrote:
    Let's not forget people: Ea ist the master of staging!
    They always stage things to create and image of something that is bigger and shinier than it really is. Those "evil" vampires can easily be done just by making a sim with wicked-looking facial features, playing with his skin-tone a little bit and then making him a vampire.
    Remember: criticism. :)

But then why include vampires in the trailer at all? The rest looked interesting on it's own. I just don't think they would have wasted the time and money to include vampires if the only purpose was making the trailer a few seconds longer.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited June 2012
    If they are adding new vampires beds, this pack will have to include vampires. Because they've explicitly said they aren't putting any content in that relies on other EPs - hence no singers with bands etc - so they wouldn't put in an object that relied on someone having Late Night to use it.

edit: whoops, someone has already said this, I guess I'm back it up, haha. They've said this about TS3 - what they did in TS2 is fairly irrelevant, they may have changed their policy.

Maybe they'll add the same basic coding we already have in Late Night for those who don't have it, plus some 'extras' that only come with Supernatural? I dunno.
  • Options
    StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited June 2012
    Staker wrote:
    Let's not forget people: Ea ist the master of staging!
    They always stage things to create and image of something that is bigger and shinier than it really is. Those "evil" vampires can easily be done just by making a sim with wicked-looking facial features, playing with his skin-tone a little bit and then making him a vampire.
    Remember: criticism. :)

But then why include vampires in the trailer at all? The rest looked interesting on it's own. I just don't think they would have wasted the time and money to include vampires if the only purpose was making the trailer a few seconds longer.

Because vampires fit the theme and the pack seems to include new stuff for vampires (the altar) and some new clothes. Or maybe this pack gives vampires to those who don't have/want LN. I hardly doubt that this ep is going to further elaborate on vampires other than giving them new clothes and places to sleep, since changing how vampires behave is changing the code written in LN. And that's complicated.
    I'm not saying that it is staged, I'm just trying to remind/warn people that it might be staged. Don't forget about the crowded clubs in LN trailer or the fashion show and the runway in H&M stuff pack trailer.
  • Options
    HatakeSageHatakeSage Posts: 884 Member
    edited June 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    'Oh hey Vampire Bob'(:

Hey vampire Steve! :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ah. Wait a moment there.
    About the "one ep needing another to work" conversation;

You need ambitions in order to get the Photographer career in WA.
    You also need it for Pets - if you want to be a horseman or horsewoman.

I know this for a fact as it didnt work before I installed it :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    HatakeSage wrote:
    Ah. Wait a moment there.

That isn't content sitting uselessly in your game though.

A new vampire bed would literally be an object people without Late Night couldn't use.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kirkuk wrote:
    HatakeSage wrote:
    Ah. Wait a moment there.

A new vampire bed would literally be an object people without Late Night couldn't use.

I remember them releasing pet food in the base game before pets came out.
    You could make it, but not use it. It just sat in your inventory! :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    HatakeSage wrote:
    kirkuk wrote:
    HatakeSage wrote:
    Ah. Wait a moment there.

I remember them releasing pet food in the base game before pets came out.
    You could make it, but not use it. It just sat in your inventory! :lol:

I presumed that was a bug after I saw my Sim eating it in a restaurant... :?

Never letting them pick their own meal again.

edit: really, it wouldn't surprise me if EA break this policy all the time. But their official line - and occasional excuse - is that EPs don't rely on other EPs, so I think the unusable vampire beds would be too flagrant a breaking of this, even for them.
  • Options
    EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited June 2012
    HatakeSage wrote:
    Ah. Wait a moment there.

Actually that was included in the general patch for the game when ambitions released. Same as everyone got basements, tattoos, and some other features, through the patches and not the expansion itself.

So far I do not think Sims 3 has had content in an expansion that was only useable if you have a previous expansion. That is what the vampire slab will be with Supernatural, unless they do something different with the item. Like maybe make witches able to use it in addition to vampires.

I just do not think they will put vampires supernatural since they already included them in late night. However we will know for sure once we get official information from EA. There were no vampire effects listed in the leaked patch info though so its pretty unlikely in my opinion.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2012
    bosslaydee wrote:
    why does everyone jump to more vampires??? seriously? i just assume theyre getting re-VAMPED. teehee. probably gonna get more vampish stuff, better clothes and objects.
    Agreed. I'm also leaning towards LN vamps getting some sort of a makeover. Much the same way the medical career got a makeover in AMB.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't think they're new i think they're revamps and what happens is they place the coding to update them. In supernatural. So those who want to get more vicious vampires would have them. If you don't buy the expansion you'll just have the ones from latenight.

But if there is two vampires perhaps the ones are like the occult who are good and will only ask to bite and feed off plants etc. As the other occult could be evil and will hunt their victims and only feed of sims. Perhaps these two vampires go to war with each other. It'll be interesting to see when they release more information.
  • Options
    didiruvalcabadidiruvalcaba Posts: 294
    edited June 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    I don't think they're new i think they're revamps and what happens is they place the coding to update them. In supernatural. So those who want to get more vicious vampires would have them. If you don't buy the expansion you'll just have the ones from latenight.

But if there is two vampires perhaps the ones are like the occult who are good and will only ask to bite and feed off plants etc. As the other occult could be evil and will hunt their victims and only feed of sims. Perhaps these two vampires go to war with each other. It'll be interesting to see when they release more information.

well if you read the EA thing that they posted on simsvip.com it has new sliders maybe once you are a vamp you can change the face.... come on people were complaining that with vaps and werewolf's it was going to turn in to twilight... so EA hated to B* so they made it this way its better i guess...
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Eh. The way I see it, it's like them adding more useless crap we have plenty of. (Stuff packs get so, SO repetitive.)

You're right, I don't think I've ever seen something needing another pack. But still, I mean, really? TWO sets of vampires? /: I just hope they fix the plauge (whatever, spellcheck won't catch it) of them, and I REALLY hope that SN doesn't add even more crap to it. Is it THAT bad I just want REGULAR humans?! Not vampires, not celebrities, but regular actual people. ): I miss them.

No, not at all. I think we all want to play with just regular humans sometimes. I hope they do come out with a slider or a better system to help with the problems people are having with celebs, animals and occults.

Tbh, it'd totally kill the EP if they didn't have some method of controlling them. I love Twallan, but I hate that I'm basically forced to run to him for every stupid thing that should've been fixed when the game came out or with a patch. (Seriously, should I really need a mod so I have ONE person in my town that isn't a celeb?)
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited June 2012
    If they change my vampires in ways I don't like I won't be buying this expansion.
  • Options
    andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mabye they're doing it to give people who haven't got LN vampires?
    Mabye they're revampig them?
  • Options
    That_Weird_KidThat_Weird_Kid Posts: 112
    edited June 2012
    I really hope we get more elegant and gothic clothes. The hair and clothes for TS3 looks like a bunch of emo ****. And furniture is always appreciated.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited June 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Eh. The way I see it, it's like them adding more useless crap we have plenty of. (Stuff packs get so, SO repetitive.)

You're right, I don't think I've ever seen something needing another pack. But still, I mean, really? TWO sets of vampires? /: I just hope they fix the plauge (whatever, spellcheck won't catch it) of them, and I REALLY hope that SN doesn't add even more crap to it. Is it THAT bad I just want REGULAR humans?! Not vampires, not celebrities, but regular actual people. ): I miss them.

No, not at all. I think we all want to play with just regular humans sometimes. I hope they do come out with a slider or a better system to help with the problems people are having with celebs, animals and occults.

Tbh, it'd totally kill the EP if they didn't have some method of controlling them. I love Twallan, but I hate that I'm basically forced to run to him for every stupid thing that should've been fixed when the game came out or with a patch. (Seriously, should I really need a mod so I have ONE person in my town that isn't a celeb?)

Good news! SimGuru Megan confirmed on Twitter that we will be getting sliders for individual occult types and that this will also cover celebrity levels, which makes me think this will be a patch feature.
  • Options
    JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think the vampires in this EP, you run from, while the vampires in LN, you date. lol
  • Options
    Rogii_The_SimRogii_The_Sim Posts: 1,124 New Member
    edited June 2012
    We got vampires in LN now from the trailer of SN it looks like we are getting them again. Why would we be getting them twice? Unless they were something else in the trailer and not vampires.

I just hope they don't take over the town like they did in LN, thats one of the reasons i uninstalled it.

I don't know if this has been said, but it was confirmed by SimGuruMegan on twitter, you can control the occult population :D I saw it in another thread
  • Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2012
    Damienf519 wrote:
    We got vampires in LN now from the trailer of SN it looks like we are getting them again. Why would we be getting them twice? Unless they were something else in the trailer and not vampires.

I just hope they don't take over the town like they did in LN, thats one of the reasons i uninstalled it.

GBA91101Nver4get,

I would assume that we'll still need Late Night to have vampires, but Supernatural will improve on them in one or two minor ways. Also they may just be there because we're getting a lot more vampire themed objects. I doubt that people who have Supernatural, but not Late Night will have vampires at all.

This. Don't know why people would assume otherwise when the TS2 did things similar... You couldn't have Servo-Vampires w/o both OFB and NL...
  • Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I believe it makes perfect sense if the updated vampires in SN will just add a few new social interactions and animations to the old vampires in LN. Not everyone bought LN so they added the vampires into SN because, heck, why not? They're supernatural and they already have the established programs for them from LN so it's not too difficult to add them in SN. I'm sure that's why you see the vampire altar too.

Plus the added features to the vampires will give the people who bought LN something to be happy about because they're not just the same vampires they got with LN.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:

Good news! SimGuru Megan confirmed on Twitter that we will be getting sliders for individual occult types and that this will also cover celebrity levels, which makes me think this will be a patch feature.

Really? That's epic! c: I'm glad, and I hope it IS in a patch. -crosses fingers-
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2012
    Anavastia wrote:

well if you read the EA thing that they posted on simsvip.com it has new sliders maybe once you are a vamp you can change the face.... come on people were complaining that with vaps and werewolf's it was going to turn in to twilight... so EA hated to B* so they made it this way its better i guess...

I'm not complaining at all about it. I was just throwing out a guess. I think either way is great. And that's even more great about the sliders as well it does me that we're getting the ability to change their appearance but i do hope that vampires can have a bit more bite than bark if you know what i mean. Overall i love the EP.