Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOME WANT SEASONS, NOT WORLD ADVENTURE!

Comments

• Options
    the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't care for seasons or adventure.
    I'll take whatever has sim eating cow plants in it.
  • Options
    i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm

I'm not sure I want either, to he honest. As much as I love the idea of the neighbourhood experiencing every kind of weather possible, the thought of wide spread electrocution and flooding from thunderstorms and freezing from blizzards puts me off a bit.

But that said, I'd rather have Seasons than this awful idea we currently have.
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited August 2009
    too late if you've seen the screenshots and game art already done you would know. It has been planned and will be the first ep. I would love a seasons as a second expantion pack.... I can't wait to take my sims to egypt and france.... I can't wait to go to egypt and france, I want to go

I wonder how going to france will be for french players.
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    harvest455harvest455 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I loved the world adventures package.Beats seasons.It my kind of package I love traveling and exploring sims(lol I don't travel long distance like other countries I'm a poor kid) plus there's photography skill :D
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I liked seasons when they added it to Sims2. I, however; do not want the same EP called “Seasons”. I would hope for something fresh but at the same time incorporates the aspects of the 4 seasons in it.
  • Options
    ColorfulSmilesColorfulSmiles Posts: 126 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like the seasons expansion pack but I'm excited for World Adventures and they are going to make more expansion packs and they may have seasons in it.
  • Options
    goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I prefer seasons to world adventure too. But it will come out eventually probably. I suppose it's a matter of waiting, there may be some seasony features in it though. The original sims on holiday and snow and things.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2009
    This EP will be fun, just you wait!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I WANT SEASONS/WORLD ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons, pets, nightlife, OFB, anything goes better than this...
  • Options
    RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It sounds great. By the way, EA are always going to cater for the majority - so stop sulking if they don't give you what you individually want. They must have felt World Adventures would be an exciting debut expansion.

Anyway, personally, I would probably prefer seasons or something that changed the gameplay when you weren't off on a holiday. Yet I don't kick and scream when I find out they decided otherwise :P
    I agree, i don't want to travel that sucks!!! seasons or pets is what i want!! SIMS CREATORS YOU ARE TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT AND GIVING US THE STUPIDEST EP!!!!!!

Taking the easiest way out? Lol. World Adventures would probably be the most difficult EP to create. They're not making small adjustments and adding features into a premade neighbourhood, but are creating entire new landscapes and gameplay.

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited August 2009
    Raithie wrote:
    It sounds great. By the way, EA are always going to cater for the majority - so stop sulking if they don't give you what you individually want. They must have felt World Adventures would be an exciting debut expansion.

Anyway, personally, I would probably prefer seasons or something that changed the gameplay when you weren't off on a holiday. Yet I don't kick and scream when I find out they decided otherwise :P
    I agree, i don't want to travel that sucks!!! seasons or pets is what i want!! SIMS CREATORS YOU ARE TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT AND GIVING US THE STUPIDEST EP!!!!!!

Taking the easiest way out? Lol. World Adventures would probably be the most difficult EP to create. They're not making small adjustments and adding features into a premade neighbourhood, but are creating entire new landscapes and gameplay.

I don't know, I mean I'm excited about the expansion, but when you say cater to the majority, I would bet that if they did a poll, the majority would say 'seasons' :)
  • Options
    JustEvaSimJustEvaSim Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons was always my favorite EP, and I bought them all for S1 and S2. I will be very happy when EA does add weather, and I am sure at some point they will. What I would really like to see is a Stuff Pack. Pianos, diving boards, juicer for produce...
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree I would rather see Seasons as well. Then Pets then World Adventure. Although I must admit I will download whatever they buy the day it comes out from EA.. so.. keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    VidarocVidaroc Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Honestly, I don't think this was the best idea for an EP. Like others said, down the road, yes. But come on, sims 3 doesn't even let you ENTER half the things to do in town, you have to wait outside. It should have been something more like nightlife, with cool things to ACTIVELY do in town and cool things to own...Come on EA, you are the best there is, and this is your prize game, you should have at least asked your fans.... you are better than this!!
  • Options
    UserSam7823UserSam7823 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited August 2009
    K, i want Seasons too, and i didn't love bon Voyage, but this sounds cool, and i'm excited. For all we know Seasons is the very next one! Nobody's making youb uy it.
  • Options
    Golft8Golft8 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Is that what the new EP is set to be? Imma have to look that up, but seasons always looked appealing to me. (I never owned it, but I wanted to...)

World adventure doesn't sound as good to me as seasons would, so I'll agree.

Edit because I actually LOOKED for it. It doesn't look so bad. and besides...
    "Learn new skills like photography and pursue new opportunities."
    I swear, I thought it said "Learn new skills like *********** and pursue new opportunities."

Now THAT would be interesting.... :shock: LOL

Its Halrley Quinn:)

And I agreea bout seasons. . .I would rather have that than world adventures
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons was not my favorite ep. The only reason i kept it was for the gardening and the fishing. Thats in the base game now. We dont know what they are going to add to this ep so wait for more info to come out. I'm happy about this new one. Its something differnt. I cant wait.
  • Options
    breebe07breebe07 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think world adventure sounds fun. But i also agree, I want pets and seasons more. If you ask me they should have included seasons in the game, but of course the wouldnt, lol they wanna make it another EP so they can make more money!
  • Options
    Sim3RichSim3Rich Posts: 1,731 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i just think WA sounds dumb b/c when your traveling is the same weather all over the place!
  • Options
    Snooper6127Snooper6127 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The assumption of this thread is interesting to me. It's based on the premise that because World Adventures is coming out first rather than Seasons, we won't ever see a Seasons EP, which is a false premise. I loved Seasons. It was, by far, my favorite TS2 expansion, but I also think that having accomplished that in TS2, the folk at EA wouldn't ignore it for TS3. So, I look forward to World Adventure. I might like it a load more than I liked Vacation or Bon Voyage for their respective Sims games, but I'm not going to assume that there will be no Seasons for TS3. I don't have the evidence to do that.
  • Options
    tarubi15tarubi15 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey who said it wouldn´t have seasons in World Adventure?? There's few news about the game that we are making just supositions about the new things that will be added in the gameplay. We have to calm down and wait instead of criticizing the EP.
    We know future EP´s will come for TS3!!!!!
  • Options
    HomeSweetHomeSimHomeSweetHomeSim Posts: 501 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have once traveled around the world, so it's fun to see the newest EP... :D
  • Options
    Sim3RichSim3Rich Posts: 1,731 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have once traveled around the world, so it's fun to see the newest EP... :D

yes but was it the same weather everywhere you went?
  • Options
    wildetequilawildetequila Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I personally hated Seasons and Pets for TS2- WA sounds great!