Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.34 - Not maintained anymore

Comments

• Options
    jessicalovesdanjessicalovesdan Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have all the EP and SP. I use a laptop so there isn't really a way for me to buy anything for it. I have tried everything I possibly could. There was no problem before.
  • Options
    jessicalovesdanjessicalovesdan Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Oreo0621
    I'm having the exact same lagging problems. I did not pay all this money for nothing. I'm sure alot of people feel like this.

I just bought 10,600 SimPoints worth of things for nothing.
  • Options
    SmugcloudSmugcloud Posts: 42
    edited June 2012
    Athletic skill not increasing plus more. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/546719.page

No mods, no cc. Just Sims 3 base game plus all expansions and stuff packs. Reset sim doesnt work. Going to take an athletic class doesnt work. Working out at home doesnt work. Also, a couple of skills such as painting and inventing dont show the plus sign as the skill goes up. But, Athletic skill simply wont go up at all. Tried deleting cache files as well. Tried various sims as well. Nothing works. Called a friend who has all expansions and a couple of stuff packs and her athletic skill wont go up on the sims she tried it out on. What do i do?
  • Options
    whatever4peacewhatever4peace Posts: 42
    edited June 2012
    Kay, maybe someone answered this previously, I just don't want to read, like, 12 pages. Cool? OK!

A few days ago I got the patch update notice, uninstalled all my mods (not cc), patched the game, and waited for the creators to update the mods. My game was running fine, I've been playing for the past few days. Today I checked my mod makers (gosh i should NOT be posting this here XD), everything is still compatible, and reinstalled my mods.

Now I'm irritated.

All my regular games seem to be working, but when I go to start a new game, as the new world loads, it crashes. Thinking it was still my mods, i re-uninstalled them, and the new game is still doing the same thing :'( I don't know if anyones else has this problem (or more appreciated, a solution :wink:), but if you have any idea what it is, help please! Thank you!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    @Oreo0621: There's tons of threads on freezing. Please read the link on the first page for more info. There are many causes and I don't have more than that. If you want to post your DxDiag for review, you're welcome to do so.

@mrswoo5: All issues not fixed then.

@natchnatch: Take out the mods and see if the issue persists.

@Missy406: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-disc-authentication-error.html is all I have on that issue.

@heleneei1986: Make sure your system is up-to-date. I would delete the game manually: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3 as well as Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin and reinstall everything from scratch. Make sure to backup your user data

@bigsims2123: Make sure your Origin is updated as well.

@jessicalovesdan: That's all I know. I don't work for EA so I can't really help you. You can try uninstalling the game and only patch to 1.33 if it was running better with that.

@Smugcloud: That's an old bug: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-sim-cant-improve-theirs-skills-vampires-learn-insanely-fast.html

@whatever4peace: I would suggest trying this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

Make sure to backup the new folder in Downloads

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Badger69Badger69 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Crinrict @Badger69: Then try the whole documents folder: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-rese...ings-without-reinstalling.html

Many thanks Crinrict that did the job for me appreciated your help on this matter all working again :)
  • Options
    perleroseperlerose Posts: 248 Member
    edited June 2012
    Problems here too. My game ran fine until I updated to 1.34, now it freezes after about ten seconds of "gameplay" if you can call it that.

Deleted all my custom content and (updated) mods, didn't fix it. I renamed the "The Sims 3" folder and started a clean game, still happened.

I don't want to uninstall. x______x
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Did you reset all your Sims with resetsim * ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MissLady8683MissLady8683 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    My Sim will not get pregnant!!!. I have tried numerous times with the same two sims. They both have the fertility treatment and are family oriented. Then I started a new game with a new couple and they will not get pregnant with the 1.34 update.

So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the entire game. The game with the original 1.06 patch allows my couple to have a baby but once I update to 1.34, nothing happens. I am using the basic sims 3 (NO EXPANSION PACK). Why is this happening. I do not like this update. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Options
    perleroseperlerose Posts: 248 Member
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Did you reset all your Sims with resetsim * ?

No, but all my Sims snapped into the spread-arms position for a second when I played the first time after updating, so I'm pretty sure Overwatch or Errortrap reset them. I'll try doing that though, thanks.
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2012
    Here's my link to my thread about roof bug not fixed since Pets patch: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/546856.page :cry:
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2012
    The store content I've downloaded after patching isn't showing up in my game. Everything else is, just not that store content.

And this is in addition to the fact that my launcher doesn't register any store content as being installed. I have to reinstall everything every time I start the launcher. (But I've had that issues for months now)

Is there any way to ensure that the new content I've downloaded gets installed into my game? And is this an issue others have had?
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi, Crinrict

I'm having issues with installing store content after a day of installing the 1.34 patch. When it gets to where it tells you it's done installing and it's in your game etc. I get an installtion error. It says.

(Please insert store content name here) Installion failied: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again.

Can I fix this issue, if so...how?

crinrict wrote:

@bigsims2123: Make sure your Origin is updated as well.

I'm having the same problem as bigsims2123. Both my game and Origin are up to date, all my CC/mods are removed.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    thenicknologythenicknology Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    When I try to download the patch, it doesn't download. it says "please re-install". What? Re-install the game? I am confused!
  • Options
    heleneei1986heleneei1986 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have now removed my game manually. But when I insert the Sims 3 disc in my computer, it wont answer. Why?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @MissLady8683: This has been a problem for people for ages. Sometimes it does take a lot of tries. Don't know what else to say.

@Diamondkool: I remember that issue. Since hardly anything got fixed, it's no surprise it's still there. There's nothing I can do for you.

@Jojo777: I really don't know what's up with that Store content. I do know there's a cap in the launcher after which nothing will show as installed. It should be in the game nevertheless. Have you tried the ingame Store ? Only other suggestion I have is to remove the *.ebc files and reinstall all Store Content. I know, it's a pain. Make sure to not install everything in one go. The *.ebc files should not be bigger than 200-400 MB (it does depend a little on your computer). The launcher acts up if they are bigger.

@a_niles06: I'm at loss then. I would post in the Store discussion forum (not the tech one there, no one reads that). There is the occasional guru there.

@thenicknology: Can you start the unpatched game ? Did you try the manual download linked on the first page ? Maybe you need to update Origin.

@heleneei1986: I don't know. Can you open the content at all ? Do you have another computer you could try with ? Maybe the DVD is scratched or your DVD Drive is dying (try another DVD for that).

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I can use other DVDS, but not the Sims . No, I have only this computer. When I tried yesterday, it was working. I dont understand what happened... :cry:
  • Options
    CBoozieCBoozie Posts: 12
    edited June 2012
    So I just reinstalled the bas The Sims 3, keep in mind i haven't even played it yet, and it already tells me that i have to view the Log for more information. I have, and i don't understand what the possible problem could be.
  • Options
    WindriderWindrider Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2012
    Here is an issue I ha ve not seen listed so far.

Cooking causes fishing skill to go up.
    Riding a horse raises the Writing skill.

Her horses are aging at 2 to 3 times normal rate as well.

Another popped up. Flush a toilet, and Logic skill goes up.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JoeHartmanJoeHartman Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2012
    So far, I've experienced two odd bugs in my Showtime game and I'm not sure, if they got fixed after 1.34 update. :-o

1.) Relationship between Sim, who is preforming his gig, and audience is decreasing instead of increasing, even if he put on a legendary preformance!!
    2.) When a Sim goes to work, he wears a random dress with random hairstyle and NO shoes!

Any ideas on how to solve these two problems?? :twisted:
    Sorry for my English.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @heleneei1986: Did you try looking at the content of the DVD (like you would open the content of a flash drive) ?

@CBoozie: Did you clean your registry ? http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-there-was-an-error-during-startup.html

@Windrider: Those are issues that were reported before in one of my bug threads. Don't think there ever was a solution. I'm not really listing bugs in this thread (unless something got actually fixed). Are you using any mods at all ?

@JoeHartman: First one no, lots of people have that. Second one, take the Sim to CAS and give them a second outfit to your liking they can wear.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    its nothing wrong with the DVD. Nobidy of my sims dvds is working. I can put it inside and there will come auto-run menu. But when I try to start it, the file wont respond. Nothing happens. All my other dvds is working, but not the sims dvds.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited June 2012
    1. My launcher's welcome screen is blank.
    2. Music problem. I can't hear music through stereos or venue/club speakers, but they all have music playing animation. Reset did not work. I cannot stand this, because I loooove listning to sims' music.
    :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    WindriderWindrider Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2012
    I did a complete game removal. That includes sweeping the registry. A total clean install and working fine now. Not even jerky at the present.
    Yes, She does have a few minor mods. A few sliders, a magic gnome for the garden and the no mosaic.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    @heleneei1986: Did you delete the files in the registry ? You might want to try CCleaner to clean the registry (just google)

@chopin27: Try deleting your cache files: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

@Windrider: No suggestions then.
    AHQ Tutorial