Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyone having absolutely ZERO problems?

I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has been able to install and run the game with no problems. If so, what OS are you using?

As for me...
I have Vista Home Premium. 600 GB (About 250 GB left) of harddrive space, 6 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT... Ya, I have a pretty nice, hefty computer.

My problem is that The Sims 3 disc is just straight up unrecognizable. I tried sticking another DVD-ROM in just in case, and it worked just fine.

I don't really want to bother downloading the game or calling tech support or even returning the game for the time being. I am sure that there is going to be some kind of recall or something, so I'd rather just wait instead of wasting my time for nothing because it seems like LOTS of people are having a problem.

Comments

• Options
    ROWKEMROWKEM Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you find someone, please let me know. I'm in the same boat; computer doesn't even know the disc is in the drive. Can't wait for the fix they issue for this...ie: complete recall for the pieces of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they're selling?
  • Options
    sugar308sugar308 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ha I doubt! And if there is anyone having zero problems...I HATE you! lol Not really, but consider yourself lucky.
  • Options
    VilavekVilavek Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having issues on my main PC, however the game runs flawlessly on my laptop My laptop is the Asus G50V-X5 purchased from Best Buy. It is a 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4Gb of Ram, and a GeForce 9800GS with 512Mb of ram. It is running Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Edition. I have had zero problems with the game on it. In fact, last night I played for a total of 6 hours with no problems or hiccups. But on my main PC it freezes within 15 minutes of game play lol…

As far as the DVD-ROM being unrecognizable, it wouldn’t read it on my laptop, I had to go to the command prompt and run autorun.exe from there because clicking on the drive in My Computer simply asked me what I would like to burn to my new blank disk I just inserted. =/
  • Options
    beqquabeqqua Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game installed fine, the only issue I'm having is the fact that the different game speed don't work so I'm stuck watching my sim sleep for 10 mins. It gets boring really fast!
  • Options
    camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had any major like, OMG THIS SUCKS problems. A few little, huh thats weirds, and why did that happens and how do you do this? But other than that it's been pretty smooth. I hope people will just give it a little time instead of making judgments on the first official day of release, they'll probably have a patch out soon and things will get cleared up. Hang in there y'all!
  • Options
    EmiriiEmirii Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Aside from fast forward and having to set on lowest settings possible, no I dont have any problems.

Also to the OP, did you know that only Vista Ultimate and Enterprise can read more than 4 GB of ram? Anything more than 4 GB ram on Basic or Premium is ignored. :)

my specs are:

Vista Home Premium Media Edition
    512 GB VRAM GeForce 8800 GT
    3.5 GB RAM
    2.20 GHz AMD Phenom Quad core
  • Options
    hog4life09hog4life09 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've been playing all day on my Dell XPS M1530 laptop and I just now crashed for the first time, otherwise it's been working fine. I have Windows Vista, and lots of RAM and memory, but beyond that I'm computer illiterate :)
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't yet had any problems at all.

The game runs like a dream. There's the matter of the store being barren like an over harvested grapevine though.

:)

Be presistent with requests for support and help.. otherwise upgrade your hardware.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    crystal109lovecrystal109love Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So far no problem for me! I've been playing for about five hours straight with no problems. I just can't figure out were to go to buy more clothes so my sims don't have to wear one outfit. I don't know the specifics of my computer but I got it back in 2005 and have not updated anything since and its a dell inspiron with top video card.
  • Options
    KellimKellim Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is a whole forum dedicated to people who love the game. I get about two minutes (not even) into my sims actually living without the tutorial and... gone. It just goes to my desktop.
    Honestly I was at breaking point, about to cry (I'm ashamed to say) so I just gave up. I've been checking the forum's for the past hour to see if anything helpful comes up. It looks like the "guru's" have given up for the day.
  • Options
    apuya24apuya24 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i do have problems with having ugly trees. but i can live without smooth edges. so i'd say i have zero problems. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hog4life09 wrote:
    I've been playing all day on my Dell XPS M1530 laptop and I just now crashed for the first time, otherwise it's been working fine. I have Windows Vista, and lots of RAM and memory, but beyond that I'm computer illiterate :)

Thing is RAM is irrelevent since the game isn't using that much of it.

Of the 6 gigs I've got in my machine I can't seem to get the game to use that much of it.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    Baperez9Baperez9 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Believe it or not when I state that I BOUGHT a BRAND new computer because my old one wouldnt play the sims 3.... I needed to update my video card but my gaming pc is a little out dated.... After various trips to future shop and 2000.00 later, I am finally able to play my game...

What a life of a sim addict. They did a great job on the game only everyone is a little marshmallowie
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ^As long as you're happy.. understand that after paying $2000 you got especially badly ripped off.

Your first problem is buying tech from futureshop.

Try something online at least like NCIX.com..

My god.. $2000 wasted.. It makes baby jebus cry. You could have donated to starving orphans or something.

--
    Kellim wrote:
    There is a whole forum dedicated to people who love the game. I get about two minutes (not even) into my sims actually living without the tutorial and... gone. It just goes to my desktop.
    Honestly I was at breaking point, about to cry (I'm ashamed to say) so I just gave up. I've been checking the forum's for the past hour to see if anything helpful comes up. It looks like the "guru's" have given up for the day.

Honestly don't be ashamed. You spent time building something with passion and there

ISN'T an AUTOSAVE feature.. as far as I can tell. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?! are they trying to incite a peasant revolt?! the entire point is to be able to make progress in the game.. der!

It would be nice for Maxis, given this ommission and the flaky state of the game to invest some time into a progressive saving method which allows it to save in the background and let you rewind to a position that isn't fubar.

Cry, if it makes you feel better, but reload and play some more (once you can get to a point where you can play for a bit more than a dozen minutes at a time).

It got to a point where I was saving when the sprinklers came on just to be on the safe side.

I also noticed, for error 13 with saves, that if the game is still running, just go to edit town and save there.
  • Options
    pshockthewrldpshockthewrld Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    At first I thought I was issue free & there was much joy in the village.
    Then I started to create my sim & it kinda went downhill from there. Every 5 minutes of play, like clock work, the screen goes black. The music still plays & the cursor is still there...it's just black. (like my soul since I can't freaking play)
    I don't even know why it's doing it-my laptop is beyond the specs for it. It's steaming my veggies in a major way.
  • Options
    fair_rakelfair_rakel Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just installed the game and have been playing around in Create a Sim for awhile... so far, so good. I just bought a new $65 Nvidia graphics card, though. I just grabbed one off the system requirements list because the one I had previously wasn't supported and pretty old anyway. I also grabbed another gig of ram so I now have 2 gigs & that's it. I'm running Windows XP and have a 2.01 gHz AMD processor, and have about 64GB free space. That's about as detailed as I can get, as my husband is the computer guy in the house!
  • Options
    UnbeknownstUnbeknownst Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess I am one of the few lucky people then. I didn't get my game until late (probably 7:30pm eastern time). I'd been watching this forum all day in horror about the kinds of problems that other people have been having, and I was sure I was going to run into them too.

My game runs perfectly. It went past the installation screen just fine. I downloaded Riverview and my pre-order bonuses just fine, and the game booted up just fine. I played around in CAS and with some of the premade families. I am experience slight lag because I put my game on the highest settings, but other than - no problems.

I also have the "dread" 1.0.631.00001 version of the game too, and I bought it from GameStop (collector's edition).

I don't know what to say to you guys other than that I am really sorry it isn't working, and I really hope that someone from EA can come and help you get it sorted. I almost wish it happened to me instead since I'm CRAZY busy with summer school this week and can't play for more than an hour or two until Friday.

I hope it ends up working soon!
  • Options
    Sim2Kid405Sim2Kid405 Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2009
    so far so good, no problems at all just minor graphic glitch's with the trees being set on high, i got the same version's that people are having trouble with, and i rebooted 2x so far and still get the welcome screen and played for about over 2 hours
  • Options
    Ador997Ador997 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had any issues. I installed it in about half an hour, downloaded Riverview, played in CAS for a couple hours and had the game itself running from 10am until 9pm. I haven't crashed, rebooted or hung, or done anything funny. It defaulted to lowest settings and I left it like that except for bumping up the screen res from 800x600 to 1024x768. I just moved some sliders up to medium and I'll start up again.
    My game build is: 1.0.631.00001

My DXDiag so you know what I have:
    Time of this report: 6/2/2009, 21:05:16
    Machine name: HP-DESKTOP
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: RX887AA-ABA a6030n
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 1918MB RAM
    Page File: 1073MB used, 3006MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_2A5A103C&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 825 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 121 MB
    Shared Memory: 703 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: SyncMaster T260,SyncMaster Magic T260(Analog)
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7521 (English)
    DDI Version: 10
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 5/22/2008 21:49:00, 5689344 bytes
  • Options
    AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No problems whatsoever, AT ALL. Which means I type with a clear head.

Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

3.00 GB of RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 6420 2.03 Ghz

ATI Radeon HD3850

Asus P5K-E/WiFi (Motherboard)

Creative X-fi Xtremegamer.

500 GB SATA II Hard drive.

Sims 2 Installed and functional.

Version 1.0.631.00001
  • Options
    MytrinityMytrinity Posts: 134 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The only problem I have is getting my free sports car LOL. The game runs great for me, and the download manager works great too. Im sorry you guys are having so much trouble =(
  • Options
    EleeHooEleeHoo Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Works fine for me. So far... (crosses fingers)
  • Options
    lylacraleilylacralei Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem! It is so frustrating. Everything is fine then boom black screen.
  • Options
    SGarv826SGarv826 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't get the cheat menu to come up. Other then that, everything is fine.
  • Options
    _Nyx__Nyx_ Posts: 86 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have had no problems so far. I expect a slight lag from setting everything on high but other than that, nothing bad has happened. I'm on a iMac from the late 2007.
    My specs:
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO.

Hopefully it will stay problem free.:D