Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★ ★ S•M•S ★ ★ STILL ALIVE!!! Need Community Feedback on How to Proceed...

Comments

• Options
    GigglyMeGigglyMe Posts: 1,320
    edited May 2012
    That looks AWESOME!......as do all your edits :P
  • Options
    CookieDough987CookieDough987 Posts: 318
    edited May 2012
    I am in awe of your editing skills! The hair and clothing drawing look so realistic!
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited May 2012
    Aww thanks guys! :3
    I actually just made a small gif on how I draw braids to help a friend out.

I'll be making it into a tutorial in the next few days.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited May 2012
    That is Gorgeous Jillie! ^.^
  • Options
    ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2012
    Jillie I love that!!!
    The whole thing is gorgeous. I have one question; I know you have expressed this before but are you planning on making a new hair tutorial?
    2lijr.png
  • Options
    alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited May 2012
    ... and we have a winner for the hair drawing category! :shock:
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2012
    Agreed. That is SO beautiful, Jillie!

I got bored and so I used this picture for editing practice. The clothes look bad, but it's one of my first, if not my first, time using RL clothes. I like the hair though.

2pt493m.jpg
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And now we have a second place, or tied first.

Is there no hope for the rest of us? xD
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh please, I'm not submitting :P
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You should! It looks great!
  • Options
    ArtsyAmy495ArtsyAmy495 Posts: 826
    edited May 2012
    I was just lurking well more like admiring! :)

@ Jillie---Your editing is ALWAYS amazing! I can't wait until you do the braids tut!

@ Everyone---You ALL should be very proud of yourselves!!! I don't edit at all & I know it takes a special level of commitment & vision. I LOVE to watch your work!!!!
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2012
    I started this a while ago, but then I came back to thread and saw so many amazing entries, so I scrapped my last one and completely restarted from scratch. I went a little crazy with the editing, (I'm still not completely sure I like it) but I hope it looks better this time :)

final-1.jpg

I know it looks a bit of a random kind of shoot, but I was hoping to go for a grungy, gothic sort of feel.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    5to5.jpg

it's so pretty
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    lol thanks :lol: (I love family guy)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    :lol: it's okay, but my sister watches it over and over and over again on netflix and i can't stand it much anymore.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    :oops: I do the same... :lol:

which is why I've moved more on to american dad
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited May 2012
    Harry <3 That's Beautiful! Such a gorgeous piccie ^.^
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the warm comments :3

@ Ldaybug - Ha! Yeah. I hope to eventually remake one. The braid tutorial will be a tiny version of it, so kind of like a sneak preview.

@Jake - It looks really good! The clothes don't look bad at all, so you're just being crazy. That hair looks gorgeous! I really love the messy side sweep. Very natural.

@ Harry - That is simply stunning! I really love the latest of your work being with water. Do you use renders?
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited May 2012
    WOW you guys!! I leave for just a little while and I come back to a horde of amazing entries!!! Holy cow.

@Cookie: That hair drawing is AWESOME! Love the billowing dress too :3

@Jillie: Ooohh girly that's so fierce! I admire all the effort you put forth to enlarge the simmie since the screenshot was so small! The hair and the shoes: killer <3

@Jake: I love ultra shiny hair! That looks great. I think you should enter, seriously.

@Harry: So glad to see you entering again! Like with Jillie, I really admire that you took the time to enlarge the model :)

I'm reeaallllllyyyy hoping we can get some more entries in the Non-Hair Editing category...it's severely lacking. One week left guys!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, Jillie :3 I was really happy with how the shape came out as well, still trying to work out the pen tool. So crazy x.x

Maybe I just feel weird about the clothes because it's sooo much editing x.xIdk, but I'm doing better with hair drawing and I'm good with that :lol: Especially considering I just draw each strand. So much easier than a hair texture brush.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks LE :)

@Jillie - Thanks too jillie, I'm soo glad you like the water effect, and glad you think it looks like water. I wanted to give it another go with this picture and think it came out a whole lot better this time. Basically all I did was create a water texture, and then using the distort filter 'displace' it wraps the picture around the texture making it look like a rippled reflection

@Rexy - I'm glad I've managed to find the time to do this kind of stuff again :), though I didn't actually resize the image :lol: i think it looks bigger because I've only had to show half the sim in the picture, but thanks anyway

@Jake - I remember those days of fearing the pen tool, it seemed so complicated, but now I've used it so much I kind of feel it's hard not to find it easy to use. My advice would be to go on YouTube and look at basic pen tool tutorials, because if you know why it starts doing random things and start to understand more how it works, you'll soon find it incredibly simple, also along with a bit of practice. That's the way I learned :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Rexy - *snuggles* Yeah I can't work with small screenshots, so it made life easier LOL

@ Jake - Yeah I guess you don't edit too much. You should definitely keep at it, you're good with adding stuff in!

@ Harry - Hmm that's really neat! I might have to try and play around with that. Though I doubt it will turn out hahahha!

I totally thought you used a render for it. So Bravo!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rexy, I'd join, but then I'd have to redo everything because I absent mindedly deleted the picture x.x

Harry, it's not so much that I 'fear' it, it's just.. much harder than it looks xD I have the worst patience ever, so generally if it doesn't work the first time, I don't do it :lol: I definitely think I'll... grow to like it. Also, American Dad FTW.

Jillie, yeah, I'm more for the subtle edits. I love extreme edits, just not when I do them :lol:

This is the most editing I've done lately:

SNTM13.png"width=640"

While I still love it, months after I made it, I just feel it's too much editing to be me. If that makes sense? :P
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have a little something that's unfinished for the NHE, but up against all of this :oops:
  • Options
    generalflamegeneralflame Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2012
    There seems to be a whole lot of insane fierceness going on in this thread right now. I shall have to bring my A game.