Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help Us Gurus! *Exception Raised Error and Game Crashes*

Comments

• Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited May 2012
    Problems I have been having since Pets.

With the internet off.

1. Freezing particularly in CAS. The longer you spend in CAS the more likely it will freeze. Can only visit CAS to change hair or clothes a few times per gaming session or it will freeze. Using “testingcheatsenabled true” seems to make the freezing worse.

2. Crashing to desktop when saving. I have tried to copy my sim families to a new saved game on a few occasions. When I go to save it crashes to desktop. Sometimes it will save once and then I play for a while and try to save it will crash. Have noticed that the file size is large between 200 and 300MB. So it might be the size of the file. I was using Riverview and had deleted five townie households and moved in five of my own Sim families. After this I tried only putting back three households still crashed. So I removed a lot of the store and premium content from my two inactive households. While keeping it in my active household and so far it hasn’t crashed and the file size is a bit under 200 MB. Whether it will start to crash when the file becomes larger?
    I am not sure if this is a computer memory thing or not but would be like to know. I really love getting and using EP, SP and store content. It adds so much to my game but if it makes your game files so big that you have issues playing why would you. I am already worried if I change too much in my games it will make my save unplayable.

3. Exception raised error then crashing. I have been getting this occasionally for a while.

4. Changing pets in CAS. When I go into CAS to change features of a pet they always turn into creepy looking mutants and often the game will freeze. I don’t know if this is a graphics card issue.

With the internet on and logged in.

1. Error 12. I had never had it before but playing logged in I kept getting it.
    2. Freezing particularly in CAS but also during gameplay.
    3. Game moved very slowly and was quite sluggish.

It was rare for me to have to quit a game when playing logged in as it usually had some problem before that. I have never tried to simport because my game was having to many issues when I logged in.
    I don’t use CC or mods.

Edited Apple crash report.
    Screenshot2012-05-20at41254PM.jpg"width=600"
    Edited Sims 3 crash report.
    [Build info]
    Application: Sims3
    BuildTime: 2012-03-09-1234
    BuildUser: slcbuilder
    BuildHost: SLC1-BUILD-005
    BuildConfig: Release
    BuldVersion: 0.1.0.34
    Commandline: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe -f
    [System info]
    EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
    OS name: Windows XP
    OS version number: 5.1.2600
    OS service pack: Service Pack 2
    Debugger present: no
    CPU count: 2
    Processor type: x86
    Processor level: 5
    Processor revision: 5898
    Memory load: 71%
    Total physical memory: 3838 Mb
    Available physical memory: 1085 Mb
    Total page file memory: 4862 Mb
    Available page file memory: 1425 Mb
    Total virtual memory: 2047 Mb
    Free virtual memory: 145 Mb
    [Application info]
    Language: C++
    Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
    App path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
    App version: 0.1.0.34
    [Exception info]
    date: 2012-05-18
    time: 15.27.37
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000000
    address: 0xffff088c <unknown module>
  • Options
    TamiBxTamiBx Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    Mine crashes as soon as I hit play, so it won't even load the game. I have had the same problem before, but it would at least let me get to the game and then crash. I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet. :cry:
  • Options
    FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited May 2012
    My game crashes when I'm on CAS or saving my game. It's just so frustrating >_<
  • Options
    ShateeaShateea Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Has anyone found that removing cc resolves this issue? I'm thinking of uninstalling everything, installing everything again, and using a handful of third party cc (the ones I can't live without), cc from the Sims store, and only the Story Progression mod. I'm just so annoyed at this point I don't know what else to do. I never had this problem before Showtime and I even called EA at one point and they said my video card wasn't supported. Considering my video card is faster than the ones that EA does support, that didn't make any sense to me. Or would it better for me to play it on Mac with Parallels or BootCamp? Has anyone tried that?

My specs are as follows:
    MacBook Pro 15.4-inch 2.4GHz Quad-core Intel i7
    8GB RAM
    750GB Hard drive
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M
  • Options
    AnthonySmith1288AnthonySmith1288 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I had this issue and called EA and got it fixed now I play just fine for now, I can post tips that helped me. Do people still check here?
  • Options
    cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm curious what did they tell you because i've been talking to them at least once for twice a month more if i'm really frustrated. I talked to them today and still thay haven't been able to help me and i don't even have lion my mbp is a 2010
  • Options
    ShateeaShateea Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm also curious what fixes EA support gave you. I was told my video card wasn't supported and how sorry they were.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2012
    So far I first removed my The Sims 3 folder and generated a new one - so this is a totally new game without any custom content whatsoever.
    I even uninstalled and reinstalled Showtime.

I still get the Exception Raised error. Sometimes while starting up the game, sometimes while starting up the town.

• Options
    PrincessmangolimePrincessmangolime Posts: 22 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Okay so I'm posting on this because my game too has crashed. Fortunately, its mostly only in buy mode. I cant open the easel icon, for like guitars, easels, other things in that category and just ten minutes ago it crashed when i tried to open the dining table icon.

You gurus are absolutely no help right now whatsoever. How can you claim we are your 'beloved Macfolk' when you do nothing to help us. This is getting to be really ridiculous because this isn't the first time this has happened to me and its getting old, fast.

I really enjoy playing Sims 3 but at the rate my game is going I won't be able to buy any items and then my game won't be any fun anymore. :?
  • Options
    Jayce032000Jayce032000 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Mine also crashes---AND--I can't even download any of the items from the sims 3 store and play them in the game (and yes my CC is enabled). It says the contents download and are installed in the game but I never can see them. I've spent $20 between Barnacle Bay and Lunar Lakes and can't play not a freaking one. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!! WHERE ARE THE GURUS AT????
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can not make any promises this will work for you, I do not even know if this fully worked for me. I have been playing with out an error.

I FULLY uninstalled my game and updated to Lion 10.7.4

I was told to..

Verify and Restore Disk Permissions
    Install The Base game and play for 30-45 min

Install each pack after that in order of release date One at a time, do the updates and play each one for 45 min before installing the new one.

I have a

Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro
    8GB Ram
    Intel HD 3000

I have all Expansions and Stuff Packs
  • Options
    GG04GG04 Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2012
    i have the latest master controller mod version 1.33 but it continues to crash still is there something I'm not doing right? Also I've take all Mods out of my package file and ran only Awesome Mod and attempted to run Master C. but i crashed i just wanted to know if someone could help me because it looks neat to have. :(
  • Options
    rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I have been troubleshooting this problem for months.
    NOTHING WORKS!!
    Its not cc.
    New Vanilla game does not work
    Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work
    Deleting Cache files does not work
    Deleting Preferences folder does not work
    Running disk utility does not work
    Deleting every file that gets refreshed by the game does not work
    Playing the game on a very small, nearly empty world does not work
    Trying a new game disk does not work
    Playing with a digital downloaded game does not work
    I think that Cider is not good enough to wrap this game for Mac users. It DOES NOT WORK

Maybe if we all got together to sue EA for the money we have all spent, and to ask for compensation for the hundreds and hundreds of wasted hours of trying to troubleshoot this piece of garbage, we might get some action on their side.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Any litigators out there who like to play?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can not make any promises this will work for you, I do not even know if this fully worked for me. I have been playing with out an error.

I FULLY uninstalled my game and updated to Lion 10.7.4

I was told to..

Verify and Restore Disk Permissions
    Install The Base game and play for 30-45 min

Install each pack after that in order of release date One at a time, do the updates and play each one for 45 min before installing the new one.

I have a

Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro
    8GB Ram
    Intel HD 3000

I have all Expansions and Stuff Packs

So I am guessing that this process took about 10- 12 hours all in all to complete?
    maybe 2/3 days if you were working 4-6 hours a day?
    maybe 4/5 days if you were working 2-4 hours a day?

It is just completely ridiculous to be expected to waste this amount of time to fix a game that we have spent hundreds of pounds on.
    10- 12 hours at my hourly work rate is another £600 lost to this game.
    If you count up what EA owes you in an hourly work rate for troubleshooting this game you will be astonished at the amount it comes to. Even at the minimum wage of £7.50 an hour!!
    I must have spent a minimum of 3 hours a day since PETS came out until six weeks ago when I just gave up completely.
    Thousands of pounds in my time. And thousands of simmers all over the world doing the same, wasting their time.
    Could be interesting to count it all up, and then sue EA.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've started a thread asking for specs. from everyone. I really want to try and help you guys narrow down this problem you're having but we need to collect comprehensive info on everyone's Macs:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/205.page

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yes it took me 2 days to get it all done
  • Options
    Mistylov360Mistylov360 Posts: 184 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This is really getting on my nerves. I can't even open my freaking launcher...without getting that stupid exception raised thing. I mean really. Hasn't this gone on long enough? :evil: I don't get why the Gurus wont just come help us and everyone can get on with our lives... wow. and i thought we were there "beloved mac users" Puh-lease. I wouldn't mind if it was every once in a while, but i cant even open my game?! I've reinstalled it 3 times at least. Nothing works. Come on ea!! what is the matter with you?? I have spent AT LEAST 300$ for the sims 3 games, and i cant even use them?!!! That's way beyond stupid. Figure it out ea....we are way past just unhappy now. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You can always bootcamp your mac, this is a great fix and you will be able to buy pack when they come out without worry
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You can always bootcamp your mac, this is a great fix and you will be able to buy pack when they come out without worry

You have to uninstall and reinstall the games to do this right? And in reference to your game fix(installing playing for 45 min, etc.) did you do that with bootcamp enabled?
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2012
    I haven't had this happen in months and now it's happened twice in a row. The first time my investigator was trying to stake out a location. The second was while the same sim was making friends with a unicorn. It's a relatively new game - I haven't been playing anything except Lunar Lakes recently - so I'm thinking it may be Apaloosa Plains causing the problem. :( I'm about 20 sim days into her life and about 6 cases completed but now I'm worried I'm not going to be able to play this one anymore. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No, bootcamp is something totaly different but is the most fixable fix.

Install Windows via Bootcamp and The Sims 3 and all Packs will work!! They are ment for PC!!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You need about 65GB if you have all packs up to date. I have a 256GB SSD I just got today and have I think 80GB for Windows Bootcamp for my Sims I have all packs and have the 2 new ones on preorder
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    So I'm thinking I'll have to buy another memory card..if i want to play w/WA, Ambitions, Pets, Town Life, and my Showtime EP DIgital Download (<-THAT DOESNT WORK :evil: *hint hint* EA)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Where did the digital download come from?