Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone downloaded the new 1.4 patch?

EA just released yet another patch with just a slight update to the last 1.3's list of changes.

So I was wondering if anyone has downloaded it yet?

More specifically, has anyone who was having crashing problems and jumping problems with the music and intro movie with the last patch downloaded yet?

If so, did you have the same problems as you did with the last patch?

I had the crashing and jumping problems with the last patch (made sure my game was mod free before installing), and I've reinstalled the game twice, so I don't want to download this one unless I've heard from others who've had problems whether it's safe or not. :\

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't even download it because it is not showing up in the launcher no matter how many times I hit refresh. Eaxis please fix this :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2009
    Hey, all.

I'm looking into this for you, and will update as soon as information becomes available.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey, all.

I'm looking into this for you, and will update as soon as information becomes available.

-Big Guy-
    Do you mean my problem or playermarko456's problem? :\ I guess you mean playermarko456's problem.
  • Options
    Simon1559Simon1559 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    EA posted info in the 1.4 update but i'm unable to download it yet
  • Options
    Hell9997Hell9997 Posts: 357 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm unable to download it either. My current version 1.3.24.00002 is up to date according to the launcher.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    To be more specific here, I am looking into the issue of the patch itself being available for download. Thanks for your patience.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    simerella06simerella06 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2009
    McWolf wrote:
    EA just released yet another patch with just a slight update to the last 1.3's list of changes.

More specifically, has anyone who was having crashing problems and jumping problems with the music and intro movie with the last patch downloaded yet?

I had the crashing and jumping problems with the last patch (made sure my game was mod free before installing), and I've reinstalled the game twice, so I don't want to download this one unless I've heard from others who've had problems whether it's safe or not. :\

Thanks

Yes, I downloaded the patch, as soon as I seen it was available. So far, in my game, it seems to be running better than it was before. I was having all kinds of crashing issues, but haven't had one since installing the latest patch.

I probably shouldn't have posted that "out loud" since now it will probably give me problems, (that's how everything works with me :-))
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That's OK. I can wait :)

From the 1.3 update, does the 1.4 update only fix what's in green on this page?
  • Options
    Simon1559Simon1559 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah same here it's actually running a bit more smooth (for now at least) >:O
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Confirmed - the 1.4 patch is now available.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Downloading it now :)
  • Options
    MusicGirl1233MusicGirl1233 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2009
    Confirmed - the 1.4 patch is now available.

-Big Guy-

Not for my mac it isn't.....grrr. I want my CC hair back!

(it's not showing as available in the launcher - i've not had this problem with any of the previous patches. I have the DVD version of the game)
  • Options
    CheckerPjsCheckerPjs Posts: 1,666 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im downloading it right now... 20%
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    MusicGirl1233,

Let me check into that for you. If it is not currently showing for you, it should be available shortly.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    MusicGirl1233MusicGirl1233 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2009
    MusicGirl1233,

Let me check into that for you. If it is not currently showing for you, it should be available shortly.

-Big Guy-

Thanks. (hits refresh, crosses fingers, hits refresh, crosses toes, hits refresh...aaaaagh still nothing!)
  • Options
    Roxy_StormRoxy_Storm Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The 1.4 Update is not showing up for me either.
    I also have a Mac - could this be a Mac thing?
  • Options
    McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    edited August 2009
    McWolf wrote:

Thanks

Awww man.

I've just downloaded the latest patch and had the same problems as I had with the last patch. On a mod free game. :(

To be fair though, I was actually able to play for about 5 mins before it crashed, so I don't know. It might be the confliction with Norton causing that, as my game used to crash like that when I didn't change the screen resolution. :\ The last patch I couldn't play at all as it crashed within a minute of the neighbourhood loading.

Though the music and intro video are still jumping! Argh, it's really bugging. I have to skip the video and turn my sound of when there's music cause it jumps and sticks so much, it's depressing. I've also noticed since I was able to play for a few mins today that the sound effects are also sticking like that. :O What's causing this problem? It never did this before the last patch. It's only when I install version 1.3 or 1.4 that this happens. :(

Are you looking into this issue too? I hope so. :\ I just hope all these problems can be solved by the time World Adventures is released. At least by then my Norton would have ran out. :|
  • Options
    PyriePyrie Posts: 67 Member
    edited August 2009
    Do I have to get this patch if I've had no issues with 1.3.24.00002? Also, will this patch mess up my 1.3.24.00002-updated mods?
  • Options
    BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2009
    Every time I install a patch I am no longer able to play the game. When the game starts to load it crashes to desktop I have to uninstall and reinstall to play. No more patches for me, I just hope the new expansion pack when it comes out doesn't cause the same problems.
  • Options
    pekulikepekulike Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just downloaded the 1.4 patch and am having no problems, It's been the same for all the previous patches as well.
    But then again I don't use any CC Mods for my games.

• Options
    TashiaTashia Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ever since the first patch I have plates stuck to my sims hands... they've been able to do everything even though they have plates there. They also can't seem to cook food using a stove, microwave or the blender thing.. the food disappears after the move bubble shows up... everything worked fine before the patches?!
  • Options
    LLTailorLLTailor Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Would someone kindly link the direct download for 1.3 to 1.4 please?

Since the release of TS3, I can't use the downloader due to the error with "Not enough space"

Probably due to the fact I have Sims 3 on different partitions. C:\ and the E:\ Drive both with 100gigs or more free. (For the extra files going to the My Documents that is) Sims 2 was also like this, installing content on the My Docuements folder.
  • Options
    rafflonerafflone Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i dont use any core mods just normal items and such, (hair, clothing, and sometime houses) but whenever mine crashed it would just close out with no warning, im not going to update for the sims for a while. I'll deal with the small bugs vers the big ones.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited August 2009
    Even though I never had a problem with the game itself, other than the launcher which I figured how to work around, I always DL the patches. I guess the same can be said for this patch.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    cuddle6819cuddle6819 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2009
    I did both 1.3 and 1.4 but didn't play after the first I installed 1.3 'cause it took about 5 tries to get it downloaded and I was fed up at that point. Then I went to all my favorite sites for downloads and had about 25 things to install. Started the install before I headed to be and didn't think about it again. Downloaded the ne patch without a hitch this evening when I went to install more stuff, which included $30 worth of EA Store items. WILL NOT INSTALL ANYTHING AND DIDN'T INSTALL THE STUFF FROM BEFORE. Is it just me or what? :(:cry: :? :evil: