Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fertility Treatment for guys!?

So okay, My male sim is almost at the 10000 points for his lifetime rewards stuff. So I want to buy a fertility treatment for him. Does this mean he will have a better change of getting his wife pregnant with multiple kids? I thought the fertility was only for the females so I guess not?

Comments

• Options
    JaciFFXIJaciFFXI Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep, it ups his chance also.
  • Options
    TorryTorry Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nice Nice!!! I would be mad if he didn't conceive though. So what is the percentage?
  • Options
    txbookworm2003txbookworm2003 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2009
    If the male is in a M/F relationship, can the male get pregnant? I know that if he's in a M.M relationship it;s possible...
  • Options
    MichellynnMichellynn Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had my male get the fertility treatment, did ******* with his wife, and they ended up with twin girls. So yeah, it works for guys too.
  • Options
    TorryTorry Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    bubblegumshanebubblegumshane Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If the male is in a M/F relationship, can the male get pregnant? I know that if he's in a M.M relationship it;s possible...
    Woah, woah, woah... Hold the phone. Male sims can get pregnant now?! And not just half-bred alien spawns?
  • Options
    jiaenjiaen Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    IS THIS TRUE?
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes the male Sims can give birth in this game and not to aliens. I have had a couple of single males have children. Don't know who the other partner was, but it is part of the living neighborhood. So make sure to read the paper and gossip with other SIms that's how you find out who has done what.
  • Options
    lsweets17lsweets17 Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow that is pretty cool and different. :)
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think males can actually give birth... what can happen is that when they're not being played, they can spawn clones. So to speak.

And I kinda suspect it's a bug... since if you check their relationship panels, you'll see that some of those guys have no current or former lovers of any gender.
  • Options
    tifferoo004tifferoo004 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes the male Sims can give birth in this game and not to aliens. I have had a couple of single males have children. Don't know who the other partner was, but it is part of the living neighborhood. So make sure to read the paper and gossip with other SIms that's how you find out who has done what.

LOL, I'm pretty sure they adopted. Male sims cannot give birth.
  • Options
    txbookworm2003txbookworm2003 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll have to give it a try myself, but I was reading on another website that someone's *** couple had gotten pregnant and had a baby. They didn't adopt. They actually got pregnant. Again, I'll have to try it for myself.

Maybe this is EA's response to those hacks that allowed men to get pregnant in TS2. they are now allowing two people of the same sex have a marriage instead of a joint union. Why not have them get pregnant too?
  • Options
    WoahhitshaleyyWoahhitshaleyy Posts: 335 New Member
    edited August 2009
    With the new patch they cannot. Single parents are no longer having children.
  • Options
    candycane101candycane101 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah the fertility treatment for guy ups the chance to have kids! If you want a almost 100 Percent chance it would be a good idea to have it for the girl too!
    Also I learned a cheat to pick the gender of the baby! I tried it and it worked for me! So here is the cheat well its really not a cheat its more like a hint!
    Anyways here it is! Haveing the female eat alot of apples helps you have a much greater chance of having boys! Eating watermelons helps with having girls! "Usually only works if both parents have the fertility treatment"
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yep thats what it'll do.
  • Options
    LolsiclesLolsicles Posts: 119 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'll have to give it a try myself, but I was reading on another website that someone's *** couple had gotten pregnant and had a baby. They didn't adopt. They actually got pregnant. Again, I'll have to try it for myself.

Maybe this is EA's response to those hacks that allowed men to get pregnant in TS2. they are now allowing two people of the same sex have a marriage instead of a joint union. Why not have them get pregnant too?

Actually, it was probably from a mod. There's a mod somewhere that makes couples of the same sex have kids.
  • Options
    JessieMayJessieMay Posts: 37 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If they both have fertility treatment you will get triplets
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    I guess it gives guys super *****.
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009

actuallly its been proven possible for male sims to get pregnant thats why some people have posted about a sim that had been just a head floating around because they have no male pregnancy body so it turns invisible
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009

actuallly its been proven possible for male sims to get pregnant thats why some people have posted about a sim that had been just a head floating around because they have no male pregnancy body so it turns invisible

Unless they have a mod, that's just a glitch.
  • Options
    Sammi13_CDNSammi13_CDN Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    Haha i just got the game so I'm trying to figure somethings out. How can a sim get a fertility treatment?

And why can't i 'date' sims. My asipriation was to date 10 sims and i dont have the option to. I got someone pregnant but i can't ask to date them.

Thanks
    Sammi
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited January 2010
    Player male sims can get pregnant with the aid of mods.

Without the aid of mods, NPC same-sex coupes have been known to have their own biological kids via story progression, but it's generally considered a glitch.

The pregnancies proceed normally, except that male sims are silent when they go into labor, since there aren't exactly "man in labor" sound files built into the game :wink: . (They still animate properly though, even waddling when they walk.) There are also no male maternity clothes in the game by default, so unless you add some, your pregnant men will just be bodyless floating heads.
  • Options
    aubsupernovaaubsupernova Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2014
    If I were to purchase this for my male sim and he were to get abducted by aliens, would he have twins? :O
  • Options
    TwinsmamaTwinsmama Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2014
    I believe you can get men pregnant with Into the Future by going to the hospital and having them do the genetic thing but not sure....I do know the kid genetically looks like the parents....also with seasons and aliens they do, sort of, have a pregnant man body. It's just the guys appearing really overweight and waddling like the pregnant women do :)
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2014
    Welcome to the forum. Please be mindful of the date of old posts. It gets touchy around here when old posts are bumped up and drown out newer ones.

This post was originally from 2009.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]