Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is me! *Pics* of your Sim self thread!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    PerkyRainbow999,

I understand where you're coming from :] And I don't believe you were trying to start an argument. It was an observation, which you are entitled to. And I concur in some degree. I haven't browsed through all the simself pix but I've seen plenty that are "glamorized" self portraits. I bet if people were to add each other on myspace/facebook you'd find that people look nothing like their avatars xD

Having said all that, this is all done in fun and your "sim" self is still just a sim :]

Yep, thanks for understanding.

And after reading responses from Chyla, Eccles and Binibini: you all are right, it can be difficult to make a sim in sims 3 look like a real sim self.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Chyla wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong

Maybe ^-^

I don't get angry or annoyed over the internet. I'm just blunt. Plus I thought I worded my first reply rather nicely and then you somehow thought it would turn into an argument when nothing was even said. *shrugs*

I think we just both took each other's posts the wrong way. I wasn't trying to start an arguement at all! I just wanted to voice my opinion and stay away from aruguing and flame wars. I've had enough of those for today, like reading threads this morning in other sub-topics.

Sorry for taking your posts the wrong way.

Happy simming all. :D

Ps.

In the future, you might not want to edit someone's post like you did mine. Not everyone will take it lightly. Some may get hurt feelings. Just a word of wisdom. Or maybe nonsense. lol.
  • Options
    Sarah999Sarah999 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited August 2009
    PerkyRainbow999,

Your point was actually raised earlier in this thread and I added a possible explanation. People who are happy to post their sim selves would have to be comfortable with what they look like (and maybe even want to show off!) so you are going to get more of the "perfect" people posting. And also CAS does only make perfect people with no blemishes or lumps and bumps.

I hope this makes sense. I'm in no way implying that if anyone isn't "perfect" looking, they shouldn't or aren't comfortable with themselves. I'm not perfect at all but completely happy with myself. Just saying that a thread like this will attract more people who think they are beautiful or whatever.

(Gosh, that was really hard to write without sounding like a shallow horrible person! I hope I succeeded)
  • Options
    MeezletoeMeezletoe Posts: 462 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sarah999 wrote:
    PerkyRainbow999,

Your point was actually raised earlier in this thread and I added a possible explanation. People who are happy to post their sim selves would have to be comfortable with what they look like (and maybe even want to show off!) so you are going to get more of the "perfect" people posting. And also CAS does only make perfect people with no blemishes or lumps and bumps.

I hope this makes sense. I'm in no way implying that if anyone isn't "perfect" looking, they shouldn't or aren't comfortable with themselves. I'm not perfect at all but completely happy with myself. Just saying that a thread like this will attract more people who think they are beautiful or whatever.

(Gosh, that was really hard to write without sounding like a shallow horrible person! I hope I succeeded)
    lol :mrgreen: Tension!
    I think people make themselves the way they view themselves. And there's nothing wrong with that, I think. I made myself as realistically as I could (using a mirror) and I thought I had done pretty well (to the best of my abilities). However, I didn't trust my opinion and asked my sister, and after making me edit my outfit (I was wearing winter clothes) and changing my hairstyle (it isn't short), she agreed that it looked very similar to me. I don't think there's any harm in accepting that the sim-self a player presents to this site is the most realistic representation that they could make, since that is how the simmer see's themselves, or wants to be seen, or is the best that they were able to create. Especially since the words or things a simmer posts onto these forums may not be the sort of words (or things) they would say or use in the real world - and the chances of you meeting them (purposely) in real life aren't very high anyways. On the forums, you might not be meeting people as they act in real-life, and the self-sims they make can be assumed to be self-sims of their online persona's on this site. So, if it doesn't look exact or a bit too perfect, then it's not really a sin - and like Sarah said, there aren't lumps or bumps on sims. Their imperfections lie mainly in their personality traits (in-game sims don't really pay attention to personal appearances, do they?). Siz all.
    But anyways, the way people act online is a better glimpse of what sort of people they are anyways, since you can behave freely without any significant real-world consequences, and you don't have to be as self-conscious about your behavior, since forums are just...text. So, maybe it could be argued that these self-sims are more realistic representations of theirselves than if they were perfect replicas of their real-life selves. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarah999 wrote:
    PerkyRainbow999,

I didn't read every page. The first 3 and then the last couple.

I actually got the opposite impression than you did. lol.

I got the impression that the people who post in these types of threads (and the rate my avatar threads) are people who don't look as good in real life and/or are not happy with themselves and seek positive attention/compliments to make themselves feel better.

But, that's just my opinion. I hope no one takes what I said the wrong way, I'm not trying to be mean or argumentative. Just blunt and saying my opinion.

I even spoke to a friend about this thread discussion the other day and she agreed with my opinion.
  • Options
    happybirthdayrickhappybirthdayrick Posts: 623 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Jerzi wrote:
    Chyla wrote:
    Jerzi wrote:
    Screenshot-85-1.jpg?t=1248994605

That's the Friends house! If not disregard :mrgreen:

It is! And here is your cookie: pppard.jpg

You should upload that house so I can have it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Jerzi wrote:
    Chyla wrote:
    Jerzi wrote:

It's available at MTS. Go my child!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Chyla wrote:
    Jerzi wrote:
    Chyla wrote:
    Jerzi wrote:

It's available at MTS. Go my child!
    :lol: I shall!
  • Options
    yooriahyooriah Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim-self is a bit weird xD

2r5qf4o.jpg

mwe0as.jpg

b8tr2d.jpg
  • Options
    AssymptoticAssymptotic Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    screenshot_original.jpg

As close as I was able to get.
  • Options
    MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately, my simself died a couple of generations ago :(

<
    but you can see her as my avi.
  • Options
    iCaptivateiCaptivate Posts: 209 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Screenshot-9-1.jpg

My simself brushing her teeth.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SweetestDrugSweetestDrug Posts: 5,406 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MsCocoa30 wrote:
    Unfortunately, my simself died a couple of generations ago :(

<
    but you can see her as my avi.
    That's depressing =[
  • Options
    niightfrostniightfrost Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My avatar is supposed to be my simself, but really, she looks nothing like me. I tried, I really did. Somehow my features just don't play out very well on a Sim. I mean, everything is generally in the same category, nose is basically that size, lips look odd on the sim but something like that...

Yeah. Apparently I am not as talented as some of you are, haah.
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited August 2009
    My avatar is totally my simself I even fix my hair that way sometimes. Though the buns are a tad smaller :D
  • Options
    the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    <---- My sim-self.
    She's very similar, but I'm a rather unhealthy looking pale right now.
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My avatar is supposed to be my simself, but really, she looks nothing like me. I tried, I really did. Somehow my features just don't play out very well on a Sim. I mean, everything is generally in the same category, nose is basically that size, lips look odd on the sim but something like that...

Yeah. Apparently I am not as talented as some of you are, haah.

Sometimes people can't be converted into sims well.

I was talking to a simmer friend, who said randomly that she would make an interesting sim. I suggested she actually make herself and play as herself for a while.

She replied that it was too hard to make herself, and I said, "Yeah, I can see where the limitations of the game would make it hard for your face. But then again, I made myself fairly easily..."

She looked at me and replied "Well, your face is very sim-ish, though."

Now I would like to know if that is a good or a bad thing...

• Options
    edited August 2009
    A good thing, Ruby, of course : )
  • Options
    MeezletoeMeezletoe Posts: 462 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have been told that I'm a very cartoonish character - even my handwriting is, apparantly...(bad handwriting, by the way...someone told me I wrote like a guy. And I was like "YESSS!!!"). But I hear thats a good thing, so yay. :mrgreen: