Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion will you never buy?

Comments

• Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2012
    I think I will buy all the EPs :lol: and it's not the case with the SP. I will never buy KPST, even if someone wants to gift it to me, I will totally refuse it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited May 2012
    Never say never. I usually end up changing my mind. :roll:
  • Options
    AmberiaAmberia Posts: 63 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I buy every expansion. They tend to add a lot of stuff that puts so much into the game. I did the same with Sims 1 and Sims 2 and I don't think I'll stop anytime soon.

The only things I don't buy often are Stuff Packs. I will never buy the Katy Perry stuff pack, but I might buy the others when I catch them for a cheap price. I recently got High End Loft stuff for £6 so no complaints here!
  • Options
    elelia1elelia1 Posts: 674
    edited May 2012
    HessethRan wrote:
    I have extremely shallow criteria for expansions - do they have outfits/accessories/hair/furniture I want?

In terms of gameplay, I would say that I would have been happy with just Ambitions, since professions and socializing are the only things my sims ever do. Late Night and Showtime I got for the outfits, hair, and accessories.

Honestly, for my playstyle, stuff packs and store items are more logical investments, so I don't see myself buying expansions unless they bring something extremely different.

Generations is the one I have no interest in. You probably hate me, Elelia, lol. But I really dislike kids and my sims never have them either.

World Adventures I'm pretty indifferent about. I guess if someone just gave it to me, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Pets I'm kind of torn about. I love animals in real life and have a few of my own, and I find the kitties and doggies people make really adorable. But I don't see myself having the patience to train them or play as them. Although being on the other end and gleefully scratching furniture might be kinda fun in an evil way :twisted:

Haha, I don't hate you. I don't really like kids either honestly but I enjoy seeing how they turn out and watching how they develop with their traits and realtionships
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited May 2012
    The only pack I won't buy is KPST, which is definitely a first for me as I have every one since sims 1. There's usually something in them I like, like Pets...this ep is way better than the one in sims 2, which I ended up uninstalling it became so annoying. The only reason I keep the Pets installed is for the horses, which I find EA did an amazing job on. :D

But the KPST, just no...nothing there to peak interest at all.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't know about what I will never buy since I can't really judge an EP without playing it first but I do regret buying Ambitions. People kept saying how awesome it was but I found it super boring... that's money I'll never see again :(
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2012
    I regret buying World Adventures because I thought it would be optional whether you could just have a vacation or explore and I really didn't enjoy the exploration part of it for more than a week. But I don't see me ever flat out not buying one of them. I don't like to go by reviews because I tend to not feel the same way as others about the games I buy. So I just buy them and try them out myself. I've only regretted that one EP so far, so I guess my plan is working out.

As for stuff packs, I didn't and won't buy a lot of those. There are just some that I think are really boring like the Katy Perry one and Fast Lane. I simply don't want them. But I did buy Master Suite and High End Loft and I enjoy those two. But I can see which SPs I'm going to hate before I buy those XD
  • Options
    smilesandlovesmilesandlove Posts: 548 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'll never buy Fast Lane. Not my cup of tea.
    If there is a Magic EP in the future I'll probably pass on that one too. I haven't gotten Showtime yet and I wouldn't spend my own money on it. However, my birthday is in just a few days and I have a feeling it will be given to me. Since it would be free I'm all for it :lol:

In fact, if any of the EPs or SPs were free, I'd probably get them. Who can pass up free?!
  • Options
    PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2012
    I think I'd buy all of them eventually, just by that time I'll have finnished, Sims 5 would have been at its end. :lol:

The only SP I have is OL because it was free when I ordered Generations. :D
    I probably will get all the SP's but not until their in the bargin bucket for £2.99. :wink:

Also I'd like to just clear things up a little. Although people class it as a stuff pack, Katy Perry Sweet Treats is a Promotional Pack instead of an SP. That's why there was Diesel announced, not the new EP. :mrgreen:(Just check online, they cut off the "stuff pack" bit).
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2012
    PinkSims51 wrote:
    I think I'd buy all of them eventually, just by that time I'll have finnished, Sims 5 would have been at its end. :lol:

The only SP I have is OL because it was free when I ordered Generations. :D
    I probably will get all the SP's but not until their in the bargin bucket for £2.99. :wink:

Also I'd like to just clear things up a little. Although people class it as a stuff pack, Katy Perry Sweet Treats is a Promotional Pack instead of an SP. That's why there was Diesel announced, not the new EP. :mrgreen:(Just check online, they cut off the "stuff pack" bit).

I don't care what it is, I'll never buy it :lol:
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2012
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats is something I will never buy. I'm still unsure about Diesel, but at this point I think I will not get it.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have them all, but I uninstalled late night and I wish I would never buy it.
  • Options
    Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I have all the ep's so far. (Regret world adventures)

I won't buy any with a terrible theme or hardly any content in the future :)
  • Options
    Wii505Wii505 Posts: 15
    edited May 2012
    I will not get the new Katty Perry if it is not for the idea of me making my mom's backerry (Cupcake Glore and More in Golden, Colorado) in the game:|
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited May 2012
    I hate that I own Late Night. The city town doesn't load for me, the vampires suck, the instruments still don't give you an option to play something different for the music career and everyone's an unapproachable celebrity even in the suburbs.

I don't want Pets at the moment, but I might end up buying at some point. I hated it in TS2 just because I got tired of them destroying everything and being so difficult to take care of (plus, I have pets in real life, the last thing I want is to deal with extras that aren't even real giving me stress).

The only reason I would ever buy Showtime would be for the option of singing, but I'm pretty sure the rest would get annoying.

Generations is probably the biggest no-go for me. Bad wishes that you CAN'T cancel? Not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    shilloweteshillowete Posts: 196
    edited May 2012
    i love sims so

BUY ALL THE SIM GAMES
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I have to say World Adventures because for one it seems to murder every EP with a horrible glitch o.o and two I don't want my sims to travel and be bombarded with quests and have to gain visa to go on an actual vacation -_- plus I can't use the furniture....or the clothes...the only thing I would use would be the tent and such...
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have all the expansion packs and I like them all just because I like the new clothes and objects that each one brings. I can't say I like all the SP's though, I am not buying the next one. I don't think it will have anything I would use for my sims.
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited May 2012
    I would never buy FLS, though if I got it for free with something else I suppose I wouldn't turn it down. There are plenty of other SPs I would want first though.

Anything else, I would buy, but some of them only if they were at an EXTREMELY reduced price. I'm talking half off or more. I would buy Showtime maybe if it were 25% off, and Pets if it were 50% off or more, just because while I love real life animals, the ones in the sims have never been my thing. And this is all assuming I one day have a computer that I'm not afraid to install tons of EPs and SPs on, because until that point I'm not buying anything besides what I already have.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've already bought all the expansion packs :P but I still don't have the stuff packs yet. I bought the game and the expansion packs all at once after seeing videos that made me want the game really bad. I'm satisfied with them all.
  • Options
    the_harlequinadethe_harlequinade Posts: 512 Member
    edited May 2012
    Showtime for sure. My style of gameplay just doesn't suit it at all. :/

Also, I have World Adventures from when I played WAY back, but now I have my game back on my computer, I won'y be installing it. In terms of scenery it's really nice. It's just too much hassle and isn't something I'd be likely to use often at all.
  • Options
    RedGarnetRedGarnet Posts: 324 Member
    edited May 2012
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats: The Extended Expansion Edition.

Trust me, that one is coming, someday. And I will be the first one to burn down the truck carrying that thing
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited May 2012
    wish I never bought showmen and pets

total waste of the $$
  • Options
    Sims3Lvr88Sims3Lvr88 Posts: 636 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I will never buy Showtime because to me it's just like Sims 1 Superstar and to me, Superstar was boring. And I'm never buying any of the Katy Perry stuff cause I can't stand her.
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have all the EPs and have enjoyed them all, some more than others. I will probably continue to buy them as they're released, although if a University one comes out, I'll probably pass on that. It was one of my least favorite ones in Sims 2. I've never bought any of the SPs, and most certainly would NOT buy KP's Sweet Treats--it looks pretty lame. But, I have to admit for the first time that Diesel is tempting me.