Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Epic Building Challenge Week #5 Hospital Posted! Campground resuls are up! Sticky Please Gurus?

Comments

• Options
    thenickel09thenickel09 Posts: 1,591 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Were gettin close to the final pieces of the project.

Finally we'll release it, but not just yet.

You will have to wait and see!
  • Options
    Amanda1996Amanda1996 Posts: 2,095 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Carly you dont have to make waterfall. Ur a begginner i dont expect something an ezpert would do
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    x3Carli wrote:
    Meh.. This is gonna take me awhile x:..

I have to learn how to make a waterfall maybe. I might just wait around till next week D:

My camp doesnt have a waterfall, it still looks very nice.

Experiment with a few other ideas, I'm sure you'll come up with something.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    WE GOT STICKIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    x3Carlix3Carli Posts: 760 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I guess :P.

So far I'm not being very original though. So I might bulldoze and start over.. Only had a lake and 2 family cabins anyhow.

Yay for getting stickied :D.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Carli,

just do your best!

And thanks for the thanks for the sticky lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Amanda1996 wrote:
    WE GOT STICKIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally. It took them long enough LOL.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hrm.. Going to go start over! So I'll be back every once and while. Going to try and follow some tutorials and see how it comes out :).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LOL im so happy!
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited August 2009
    Since your post was moved, it got sticked in both the General Discussion and Creative Corner. That leaves less room for other people in the General Discussion. It's bad enough that the first page is almost full. :(

Well happy for you though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    im sorry. :?

But im really happy it got stickied
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If the challenge got this far, I'm sure the winner or winner's will be featured.
    If this is true competitiveness will go insane and you would have a lot of work on your hands.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LOl probably. Would you like to give it a try?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Urgh.

I just looked at my schedule. I have to work the next 2 days, and in like an hour I am going shopping.. That leaves me no time to work on this challenge.

I'll deffinetly pop in for the next one though, since I'll have the full time n__n.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Amanda1996 wrote:
    LOl probably. Would you like to give it a try?

I'll be gone for until about the next week. To add on that, when I get back I will be editing and perfecting most of these posts. If you want to know, just click the image below.

2ij4sg2.png

So that means I can't do it this time. Sorry :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Alright carli.

And walden cool make sure to add mee! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Amanda1996 wrote:
    Alright carli.

And walden cool make sure to add mee! :D

To the directory?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Alright,

Nickel im put till friday. Please you and djonas answer any questions. Ill pm you both the final lists friday before i post. Thanks again for all your help.

-Amanda
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I was just creating an advertisement section. I guess that I could put you there. I mean I already have a ton of views in all those posts except the ones that were just created, but you already have a sticky in 2 locations.
    Do you really want it?
    I say that because I'm about to leave for the week and won't be back until then.

If so, which image do you want on the link?
  • Options
    Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    edited August 2009
    i was just going through the entries for the campground sites and everyone has done a great job...its just im a bit worried about something. I've noticed that there are a lot of people who have stoves and stuff, and if you turn it into a community lot then the stoves go away....(i know this cause it happned to me) it sucks, but i was wondering if that will affect anyone who has made it a coumminty lot, which means they wouldnt have acsess to ceritan things like stoves and microwaves, in how it will be judged. Was just wondering is all.
  • Options
    vbaileyvvbaileyv Posts: 470 New Member
    edited August 2009
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    :shock: Holy Toledo this is so going to be one extremely hard contest to judge, gave each and everyone of you rec's and wish I could have entered this as I especially love budget challenges 9cause I know a little secret to get around them ...lol) :lol: If this were sims 2 I could have done a last minute build np, but not with my perfectionistic decor with having to do as we go in sims 3 :? I hope to enter this next one though and had a blast going through everyones submission.

Excellent job you are doing here Amanda and I don't envy your having to judge all this awesomeness girl, so if you need any help doing so just holler at me (email addy is in my blog) and great that you have started a forum for pmg. Wish I could join but I have too many forums to keep up with as it is already. You should all join the simposium and creators forum to upload at Sterlingsims2, it's like a big family there and are both sims 2 & 3. well will keep this bkmk'd for the next challenge, can't wait to see what you have come up with 8) :D Happy simming to all.

hugs, Terry

I know this was posted a few days ago... but
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    I especially love budget challenges 9cause I know a little secret to get around them

*I dont know why I am in the quote too but whatever...

Getting around budget I can only assume you use some kind of cheat... thats kind of not the point in this challenge... I mean the whole point is to have a budget and see what you can create with in that budget... I'm just saying I worked hard to stay within budget! :x :shock: 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's too late to answer now, I have to leave soon. Sorry :(

By the way, please don't post there. The General Discussion's first page is already filled enough.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited August 2009
    Masterful awesomeness? Thanks for the high compliment! And I'm SO JEALOUS that you get to live there! What part, if you don't mind me asking? It's my dream to retire to Maryville, TN. My husband and I always eat there at the Foothills Milling Co. when stay at Gatlinburg. My grandparents worked summers at the Great Smoky Mountains Candy Kitchen in Gatlinburg once they retired, which is why my family started going there for vacations. Nothing better when you're a kid than getting to hang out in a candy factory! It couldn't beat the majesty of the mountains though. I live near the ocean now, but I'd trade it for the mountains in a heartbeat.

Kitkat I am in a small town called Parrotville, but on the side closer to Newport and Del Rio which is approximately an hour and 20 minutes to Maryville and about an hour to Gatlinburg, Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. I won't be here much longer though as I will be moving to Norway in November. My house is for sale if you want it cheap. It's a 3 bdrm, 2 bth Rutledge doublewide on permanent foundation, 4 acres of property that has 2 other approved building sites for 3 bdrm homes as well and even have official 911 addresses.

We have underground utilities, well, septic, property lays well with a few gently sloped hills with plenty of deer, rabbits and wild turkey 8) I am only asking 60,000.00 to pay off all the debt and I may be lucky to have 5,000.00 after all is said and done. But I will be losing my shirt on this price as I paid over 75,000.00 to begin with not including all the clearing, utilities and such, but at this point I really don't care, just want to be with my hubby again :D If you are interested just go to my blog to find how to reach me.

Wow there are so many participants this time around, Amanda is so going to have her hands full trying to judge this thing :? 8)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    vbaileyvvbaileyv Posts: 470 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Amanda1996 wrote:
    Epic Building Challenge! # 3

Official Entry

Riverview Woods Lake

Lot size: 60x60

Total Cost: $131,726

Level: Intermediate

Details: Nature Lovers Campground, you wont find a TV here!Designed for Sims who love the outdoors and want to do all things with nature outside!Meet the locals and make friends with all your neighbors.Public facilities, lodgeing for families or couples looking for a romantic retreat!Lit pool and children of-all-ages play area. With a natural spring fed lake where the fishing is always spectacular! BBQ grills and fire pits... just what a Sim needs to get away!

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=849536

Pics:
    2rh9pic.jpg

wcfyiv.jpg

snj3us.jpg

2ppero4.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited August 2009
    vbaileyv]=TnT_Terry] :shock: Holy Toledo this is so going to be one extremely hard contest to judge, gave each and everyone of you rec's and wish I could have entered this as I especially love budget challenges 9cause I know a little secret to get around them ...lol) :lol: If this were sims 2 I could have done a last minute build np, but not with my perfectionistic decor with having to do as we go in sims 3 :? I hope to enter this next one though and had a blast going through everyones submission.

Excellent job you are doing here Amanda and I don't envy your having to judge all this awesomeness girl, so if you need any help doing so just holler at me (email addy is in my blog) and great that you have started a forum for pmg. Wish I could join but I have too many forums to keep up with as it is already. You should all join the simposium and creators forum to upload at Sterlingsims2, it's like a big family there and are both sims 2 & 3. well will keep this bkmk'd for the next challenge, can't wait to see what you have come up with 8) :D Happy simming to all.

hugs, Terry

I know this was posted a few days ago... but
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    I especially love budget challenges 9cause I know a little secret to get around them.

*I dont know why I am in the quote too but whatever...

Getting around budget I can only assume you use some kind of cheat... thats kind of not the point in this challenge... I mean the whole point is to have a budget and see what you can create with in that budget... I'm just saying I worked hard to stay within budget! :x :shock: 8)

I am sorry, but I do not use hacks, but there are many cheats like building cheats we all use and I use them just like any other, but please don't accuse me of cheating the contest. Just because I know something to get around how to stay in budget, it is no "real" secret and certainly not considered a cheat as there have been a few other's in here that has even mentioned it in an off handed way. Things do depreciate in game and I thought i was within my right to use that to my advantage if it enables me to perfect my creations as it is not cheating! But you have a right to your own opinion so.

Well Bailey I will stand down as this has certainly taken the fun out of this for me now sadly, so Amanda I am bowing out gracefully this week and hopefully I will be welcome back next week when I have had a chance to get back some inspiration, sorry for the misunderstandings :( And Amanda if you could please add you opinion of this, but making things clear in the OP rules? I think we would all appreciate knowing this for sure :? No hard feeling here, just very uninspired to finish now :( See you all next week and goodluck to all 8) wt? this Q thing isn't working right or something :?
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png