Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is Bella Goth??

I see people talking about her..saying she is awesome and how they love her etc..so could someone tell me who she is??

Can i add her in my own game? Where does she live?
"By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2012
    In The Sims 3, she starts out as a little girl in Sunset Valley. Her name is Bella Bachelor.

Here is all the information on her history with the Sim series.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bella_Goth
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited April 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    In The Sims 3, she starts out as a little girl in Sunset Valley. Her name is Bella Bachelor.

Here is all the information on her history with the Sim series.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bella_Goth

Oh wow, thank you very much for the info. :)
    I have never played with any of the Goths ..i always make my own sim(s) and play with them so i have no knowledge of Bella or any of the Goths.

Who are those that are living near the cemetery in Sunset Valley? I don't know the parents' names, but they have a kid called Janus. Are they related to Bella?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2012
    MistyLake wrote:
    Who are those that are living near the cemetery in Sunset Valley? I don't know the parents' names, but they have a kid called Janus. Are they related to Bella?

What is the last name of the family you are asking about? I don't reconize the name Janus. The only family I can think of, who are living near the cemetery in Sunset Vally is Goth. Their son Mortimer is the one who is married to Bella in the other Sims games.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited April 2012
    Well, I think it's kind of weird to have those "old" premade sims in the game still. I played since the Sims 1 could be bought. And I admit, I killed the Goth family in a giant house fire. so to me they are dead and gone long time ago.
  • Options
    surkutippasurkutippa Posts: 106
    edited April 2012
    MistyLake wrote:

Um, I think Janus is the Finnish name for Mortimer. :)
  • Options
    AbbyMcTabbyAbbyMcTabby Posts: 794 Member
    edited April 2012
    Well, I think it's kind of weird to have those "old" premade sims in the game still. I played since the Sims 1 could be bought. And I admit, I killed the Goth family in a giant house fire. so to me they are dead and gone long time ago.

I think it is meant to work abit like the Back To The Future films where you can take the challenge get the Goths and the Newbies from earlier games to marry
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited April 2012
    surkutippa wrote:
    MistyLake wrote:

Correct his full name is "Janus Goottila" And Bella is "Johanna Vapaala"
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Zafireria wrote:
    surkutippa wrote:
    MistyLake wrote:

Correct his full name is "Janus Goottila" And Bella is "Johanna Vapaala"

OMG! :shock:
    Where did you get those names?? I've asked people where i could find translations of the sims names..but never got an answer.

Thank you so so much. Now i can add Bella and Mortimer into my game. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I should have read your profile name, surkutippa. :)

Oletko Suomesta?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MistyLake wrote:

Oletko Suomesta?

Well, yeah, but I'd rather not speak Finnish, sorry. :)

And about the names, Sims Wiki has some translations in different languages, and also, Google is your friend. :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    surkutippa wrote:
    MistyLake wrote:

Oletko Suomesta?

Well, yeah, but I'd rather not speak Finnish, sorry. :)

And about the names, Sims Wiki has some translations in different languages, and also, Google is your friend. :wink:

Ok. :)

I tried to find the names, but i'm not that good with Google i guess. Haha.
    Could you please tell me the names of Janus/Mortimer (in english that is)..i'd like to translate them when i add the family into my game. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MistyLake wrote:
    Could you please tell me the names of Janus/Mortimer (in english that is)..i'd like to translate them when i add the family into my game. :)

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but, well, I think it's pretty obvious that Goottila=Goth, and as I said earlier, Janus is Mortimer, and his parents (whatever their names are in Finnish, I wouldn't know since I play in English, haha) are Gunther & Cornelia. Bella's name was also given earlier. :)
  • Options
    PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2012
    The Goth Family is possibly the "main" Sims family in all the games. Bella Goth has appeared in all the games and sometimes represents The Sims in whole.
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited April 2012
    For some reason, when EA made Sims 3 they did it in reverse order. In Sims 1 Mortimer Goth is married to Bella (Bachelor) Goth and they have a child Cassandra. In Sims 2 Mortimer Goth is an elder, Bella is missing and even though Cassandra was a child in Sims 1, she is an adult in Sims 2. In Sims 3, EA went back in time and made Mortimer and Bella children living with their respective parents.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2012
    For some reason, when EA made Sims 3 they did it in reverse order. In Sims 1 Mortimer Goth is married to Bella (Bachelor) Goth and they have a child Cassandra. In Sims 2 Mortimer Goth is an elder, Bella is missing and even though Cassandra was a child in Sims 1, she is an adult in Sims 2. In Sims 3, EA went back in time and made Mortimer and Bella children living with their respective parents.

I wonder if EA felt they were taking a risk with TS3 and set the story in the past. If TS3 failed they could always continue with a TS4 reboot and continue the time line after TS2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited April 2012

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited April 2012
    MistyLake wrote:

Oletko Suomesta?
    Ei, olen tanskasta.

Anyways only English on these forums. But they do have a Finnish Sims 3 page as well :)
  • Options
    HatakeSageHatakeSage Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2012
    The first sim I played back in THE SIMS on my 95 was the goth family, haha. XD
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited April 2012
    In Norwegian bellas mothers name is Joika Kari which is the dullest name I ever seen cause... well... you kind of have to be norwegian to understand it I suppose? :P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Gosh..i kinda feel embarrassed now. I've always said i am a true The Sims fan and i've been playing since 2000 and have pretty much every possible EP and SP. :)

But now i feel like i don't deserve to be called as a The Sims fan because i didn't know all this interesting and FASCINATING info about the Goths.

It IS difficult to keep up with the game's twists when the names are different and well, ever since i started playing it's always been the same way; i choose the prettiest town and make my own sim (or pick one sim/household) and play with them.

I have never explored the Goths and their history...

But now when i think about it, there is this book in EVERY bookshelf and its title is "Johannan Katoaminen" or something like that, which if i translate it in english is "The Disappearance of Johanna"..and in this Johanna must be Bella.

But yea, now when i try to remember TS1 and 2 and what happened in the game and the names of the sims etc etc i remember bits and pieces about the Goth family.

I really have to do some research now, because i feel like i have missed out SOOOO much. :)

Thank you everyone for telling me about the family and its history. :)

Oh and sorry about me saying stuff on my own language. Won't happen again.
    I was just so excited to see someone else from Finland here. :)