Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UM... What's up with this?

When sims write books, they get them in the mail. If you've noticed, you can also read them at the library. But why can't you buy them from the bookstore? I find this very anoying.

Comments

• Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    It would be cool to see other sims on community lots sitting to read books your sims have written. :)
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Why would you wanna buy your own book? :roll:
  • Options
    CherryWillCherryWill Posts: 130 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i've wondered that too....but i guess there would be no point in it....i mean...the book doesn't help you in any skills so why would you need to get it at the bookstore....you get your book in the mail for free so why would you want to buy it at the bookstore

just some things to think about...
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    So that OTHER sims can buy the books. It would be nice, custom books!
  • Options
    trickyblueeyestrickyblueeyes Posts: 137 New Member
    edited August 2009
    DaynaJayde wrote:

I think she means for other people. :roll:
  • Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. I think that other Sims should be able to read the books your Sim has written.
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    DaynaJayde wrote:

I think she means for other people. :roll:
    /Slaps self :roll:
  • Options
    omgitsmaggieomgitsmaggie Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe their will be bookstore in future ep's.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Is this too much to ask? How hard would it be to put the books in the bookstore, and the price would be based upon the royalty checks. Not. Hard. At. ALL!
  • Options
    ZombieBunnyZombieBunny Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009
    AwesomeMod enables this I think.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, when my sim wrote a biography, it was abundant in the library. I guess other people can just steal them. That way, they can get a copy, plus, IT'S FREE.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2009
    When sims write books, they get them in the mail. If you've noticed, you can also read them at the library. But why can't you buy them from the bookstore? I find this very anoying.

let me put it this way would you want to sift thrugh 100+ sim writen books just to find the pregnancy books? i think not . somthing else to keep in mind is since your other sims can read them at the Library for free and faster why would they need to buy it?
  • Options
    edited August 2009

let me put it this way would you want to sift thrugh 100+ sim writen books just to find the pregnancy books? i think not . somthing else to keep in mind is since your other sims can read them at the Library for free and faster why would they need to buy it?

I totally agree. I wouldn't want to sift through ALL of those books. Perhaps only the bestsellers make it to the bookstore?
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited August 2009
    What annoys me is that if you delete the bookshelf before removing them, you don't have them anymore. I made that mistake once (lost like 20 masterpieces), but fortunately had saved recently so I just exited without saving to get them back.

They really should be in the store just in case someone does this; at least the best-sellers and masterpieces, I mean c'mon!

So yeah, I agree. :)
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2009
    Even then the list woul probably get pretty long but it would be more managable
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In my opinion, it's better than losing those books (to the public who want to buy them) forever. It's boring making them always reading the same books. These books could be included in the book club too!
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh I never knew your books came in the mail, I've written about 5 as well, I only use the mail box to pay bills and donate to charity, So thanks for that. In fact I'm gonna head onto the did you know post to find out other tibbits of information. :D
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    I dont know why you cant buy them, hmmm. Heres a thought maybe you should drag the book from your sims inventory to another sim invetentory and then they will have the book, tell me if it works.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:
    I dont know why you cant buy them, hmmm. Heres a thought maybe you should drag the book from your sims inventory to another sim invetentory and then they will have the book, tell me if it works.

That could work, but, I want my neighborhood to have more than just one copy of the book.
  • Options
    olivermypupolivermypup Posts: 1,586 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sims steal books from the library all the time. :shock: I don't tell them to they just sometimes put the book in their pocket instead of putting it back on the shelf.. :roll: I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen but I've gotten a lot of free books that way. :D

P.S. None of my sims are kleptos..