Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the heck happend?

I was playing my game as I always do, when I realised I hadn't saved in awhile, so I saved, I got some errorcode 13 message. It tried a few more times and got the same result, then I tried again and the game closed without any warning or corresponding message. :x
What's happening? :?

Comments

• Options
    Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bump.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anyone? :?
  • Options
    madfinn2009madfinn2009 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have absolutely no idea, sorry. I'd help if I could. But, considering you're getting an error message, perhaps you should try asking this question in the Technical Discussions section of the forum?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I shall try that.
  • Options
    skaterchicklvrskaterchicklvr Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2009
    same thing happened to me

i would like to know what happened to

FREE BUMP :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    ok not sure, if i had the same problem one time. I had the indi mod, and had played several families, was going to go thru the town. at family 21 the game refused to save.. If i remember right it was the same error you are getting. After haveing to close the game which believe me took some time, since my comp had hit near max on memory with this, it was a pain i lost it all. I am not sure if it was the indi mod that did it or the fact that i had gone so long without saveing, or had save to many families in the same town. Anyway guess what I am saying is I had no solution for it, and still no idea what really happened.
  • Options
    annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I looked on the readme and it said :13: Post-save callback failure.

I've heard you can get around it by going to edit town and save there instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    🐸🐸🐸🐸! I went to technical help, saw another thread that had the fix, tried it, and now SUNSET VALLEY IS GONE!!! Is there any way I can recoup??? 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :x :evil:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bump!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Where is everyone??? :?
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had this same error.

From what I have deducted is that the new feature where if you split households, the game saves become larger. I believe this was announced in the patch notes.

What happened to me was I moved my Young Adult out of her mother's house to her own and moved in a couple roomies. I played for a few hours after splitting the household, then I started to get some odd graphics glitch when I was changing clothing. I thought.. Um, time for a reboot (I had played ALL DAY... and I have a beefy system so I knew it wasn't my system) so I tried to save and I got the error code.

I then exited the game and came back to an unsaved game. /sigh. I didn't have my neighborhood disappear, though.

I have since split the household and have not had the troubles again, though I save VERY often.

Now sure if it helped, but if you play with split households, you may want to save often until the next patch.

-Snowmoon
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But I've never split households
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is the update I was referring to:

Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It could be then that the memory just got full, for us both, and we crashed. Really sucks, I had moved in Bella so she could get with Morty, and it was working. /sigh... second time around, she had already had a baby. Anywho, sorry you lost your game, man!

-Snowmoon