Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed or happy with the game?

Comments

• Options
    brucie255brucie255 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    THIS IS THE BEST OUUT OF ALL OF THEM SO WORTH IT :lol:
  • Options
    Lilq156Lilq156 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's my favorite game in the world,it has some ups and downs but mabeay over time EA will fix all the downs.
  • Options
    Pirategirl952Pirategirl952 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I thought it would be better but it's a pretty good game. I mean I thought it was going 2 have more things than just 2 towns and mostly u have 2 download the other town and this website isn't as good as the sims 2.
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The Sims 3 has been fun so far. I've been doing The Legacy Challenge (check the link in my signature,) and it's made the game very interesting. There are many things missing from it, but I'm positive these will be added in later expansion packs.

What I hope to see:

- Neighborhood building feature
    - PETS
    - Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies, Aliens, etc.
    - The ability to swim in the water (not just pools)
    - Eliminating the "Change Household" process.
    - More options in Create-a-Sim (color wheel for skin tone)
    - MORE HAIR CHOICES!

So... the future looks bright for TS3 in general, being a new game and all... but incorporating some of these things will definitely make me (and I'm assuming some other people,) happy and willing to lay down some cash despite EA's usual reputation for money-grabbing expansion packs that don't do much. xD
  • Options
    ShuusouShuusou Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't love the game, im a little disapointed. Tought there were gonna be some new features, and some other stuff.

Now I'm mostly just lurking on the forums and waiting for the first EP. I really hope its something like Apartments/Nightlife styled EP, otherwise i think i won't buy it.
  • Options
    callen37206callen37206 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm so bored with this game. :cry: I keep playing it hoping that there is something I am missing but I don't think there is. :cry:

After they have experienced the new things in town, there just really isn't much for the Sims to do. I don't send them shopping anymore because watching them disappear into a store isn't fun. I don't send them to games or concerts anymore because of the same reason. So that leaves sending them to the park, gym or fishing. I choose only these because watching a bunch of Sims read in a library or look at art in the museum is boring to me (I love to read and to go to museums IRL but it's boring on the Sims). I also don't care about hidden seeds or stones.

I so hope there is an EP VERY soon and that it is something that is actually fun.

One other thing: why try to make the biggest selling game ever more appealing to hard core gamers? If they don't play it already, they ain't gonna . . .

I love my Sims the way they were and don't see why they want to focus on a demographic that will probably never buy their game.
  • Options
    Sonicgirl123Sonicgirl123 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am quite happy with the sims 3. The game feels a little incomplete, but the future expansion pack should fix that, and updates to the game should fix things,such as the game freezing up, bigger bellies during twin/triplet pregnancies. Oh yeah, BRING BACK THE FEAKING ALIEN ABDUTCIONS EA! WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT SO FAR THE ONLY SUPERNATUERAL CREATURES WERE GHOSTS, I WAS VERY DISSIPOINTED! Other than hoping expansion pack will fix some of the major problems, I feel the sims team did "a job well done lad"

• Options
    BrittneyTBrittneyT Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love the Sims 3 except for the fact that they don't have a huge variety of hairstyles to choose from or that you cant go inside most of the buildings :(
  • Options
    WinterlightSnowWinterlightSnow Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love the game...dissapointed in how difficult it has been to download and install store/exchange items however. Finally had to go into the .bin file and run 2 application files as 'administrator' before I could install any of my purchases..
    ..but yes, the game itself is superb!
  • Options
    TheDs2TheDs2 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am overall happy with the game but there is a flicker of disappointment when it comes to hair and the items - I preferred them on Sims 2~
    I love the fact you can go fishing and everything though :3 and the water is mega pretty :D
    yes I'm sad.
    :3
  • Options
    hinashaikhhinashaikh Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm liking some of the things like making sims in a better way but not happy as i was especting so many things. The party scene is not really good ,Wedding party arrangements are worst,hair styles can be improved,the dresses can be more stylish on the whole there are so many things can be better.
  • Options
    hinashaikhhinashaikh Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It seems like so many people are liking but dont u think that it's bit slow ,the feature not entring in the shops and biuldings is dissappointing.The hospital feature is really good but how great if we could enter and see the husband waiting for the good news..missing the shoping of so many thing like food ang magazine by entring into the shops ...so now i'm playing again mu TS2.
  • Options
    YippiyiyoyoYippiyiyoyo Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Has a lot of room for improvement but I love it!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2009
    What game? My computer won't load it any longer.

It was GREAT before this LAST PATCH!

The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    3Margie53Margie5 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The first week I had it I did not find anything super fun except going anywhere in the neighborhood easily. I spent a lot getting a new computer to not only play sims 3 but bioshock too (a really cool game, that).

I persevered and now I really like the seeds on the ground. I wish also we could go inside places, but the biggest disappointment (it took me awhile to think through all of them to get to the Biggest) is how crappy it is switching from active households. I tried it for awhile with my daughter and I in the same neighborhood and it was a pain switching back and forth and losing my wishes.

Now I play one guy in the the main town and then a girl in riverview.

So true that making a house takes forever. And what about making a sim? But my daughter who's 12 really likes making sims, so for her it doesn't matter that it takes literally hours.

Overall, I think the game isn't totally addicting like sims 2 was. I got tennis elbow from playing sims 2 too much. Then I started playing with my left hand while my right was recuperating :D Sims 3 lacks that kind of dedication.
  • Options
    the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It was good, but after the 'newness' wore off it was fairly boring.
    However, Sims 2 was the same when I just had the base game so that's proof enough that it should get better as more expansion packs come out and for some people more custom content.
  • Options
    sims2fanticcsims2fanticc Posts: 195 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am overall happy with the game, I find it all very entertaining :-)
    The only thing I am a little dissapointed with, is that you can't go inside most of the buildings..I thought the whole point of the game was that you can go anywhere? I don't see the point of sending my sims to games or to the theatre, because they dissapear randomley into a building and i am left there skipping time as fast as I can waiting for them to come back. When they do return, they are really tired and hungry, and it's no fun for me so.. yeah.
    I like the fact you don't have to buy the clothes and you can change them however you want in the CAS screen everyday :)
    I really wish you could go inside the schools and watch them writing and eating lunch and doing whatever the little sim people do when they go off to learn things :lol:
    I also don't like the fact how they are releasing the same expansion packs over and over, which were just like the previous sims 2 packs. We are not made of money! The new EP, to me, is just like Bon Voyage. I noticed there is also no weather or pets in the game, and I predict we will have to spend another £20 for them to enjoy something as simple as weather. I hope my sims are enjoying the money spent on them freezing to death :lol:
    Lastly, I find it very easy to make movies, with the customisable options of walk, run, take car ect. The only thing I am finding slightly hard to find is something to change their expressions with, like the cheat box on sims2.
    Well thats it.. and yeah.. I enjoy sims :)
    ✿◕‿◕✿
  • Options
    simka334playersimka334player Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I must say that I am deeply disappointed with it. And definitely won't be buying any EP.
    There are certain aspects that I like very much like the bookcase which can be filled with books, but , apart from the possibility to customise almost everything in the game, it is more or less all I like.
    Even the open town can't make up for the fact that I am forced to play not the way I want but the way which was thought up by the EA team ie, one family one town.

Besides, the graphics looks so very much like TS1, don't you think? Once I paused the game and when I returned I had a moment of doubt if I wasn't playing the original sims! :D
    And, finally, what is appaling for me is the way the sims move, like drunken sailors charging into a bar for a brawl! Yuk!

I think I will play it sporadically, but I will return to TS2 for sure.

• Options
    dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I"ve been playing for a while now and think TS3 is an ok game. I am not sure what I was expecting but didn't think that the majority of businesses would be "rabbit holes" I do like being able to walk to a neighbors house but it is still kind of dissappointing when you knock on the door only to find out that your best friend or in some instances my parents had "skipped town" without even saying goodbye. I wish there were more clothes and hair styles to chose from. It seems all my sims start looking alike after a while.
    Without weather there is little use of a house so you can save money by having your sims sleep outside.

I was afraid that when I bought TS3 that I would totally abandon TS2 as I did with the original The Sims, but I am still playing TS2 more
  • Options
    dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also don't like the fact how they are releasing the same expansion packs over and over, which were just like the previous sims 2 packs. We are not made of money! The new EP, to me, is just like Bon Voyage. I noticed there is also no weather or pets in the game, and I predict we will have to spend another £20 for them to enjoy something as simple as weather.

I think you are being very optimistic at the price of the EP. Personally I hope that is all they charge. I'm thinking closer to 30 or 35. I too am not made of money, at least I don't think I am, but I was cleaning up the other day and went though my old game cases. I had purchased every ep for both TS1 and TS2 and after a quick tally I realized that my wife better not ever look into my Sims addiction. If she found out how much I have spent I would be neutered :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosebudrosebud Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the Sims reached its peak with TS2.
    TS3 has some good aspects about it but also some bad. In the end, I think the bad outweighs the good. Every day, I find myself wanting to return to TS2 more and more. It is sad but I am already tiring of TS3. I haven't bothered with it for a while now.

For sure, I will not be buying the upcoming World EP. For one, the travel EP's since TS1 have always been my least favorite. Second, I do not think it's worth it for TS3.
  • Options
    SagaohSagaoh Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like it, but I miss their memory. :thumbup:
  • Options
    EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I played the original Sims, but I never played TS2, simply because I've been playing World of Warcraft for the past 3 years. Needing a break, I bought TS3 and despite the many issues with it, I like it enough that I haven't logged on to WoW for over a month. :lol:

Having said that, the more I read in the forums from TS2 players, the more I get the impression that TS3 doesn't quite compare, and perhaps I should go and buy TS2 and find out what I've been missing.

Because there is a lot missing from TS3 at the moment, and it doesn't take a TS2 player to notice.
  • Options
    hotwheelsjillhotwheelsjill Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love it! :D
  • Options
    TOdancerTOdancer Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hate it... I loved TS2, but TS3 just doesn't compare. I understand the minor problems but my computer is brand new and the game crashes every 10 min.