Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOME WANT SEASONS, NOT WORLD ADVENTURE!

Comments

• Options
    Sim3RichSim3Rich Posts: 1,731 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thanks to all those nice people that posted, i agree with you, ill have to wait. though i would still perfer seasons as the first expansion pack since weather it a great inpack on life.

As for those who are mean about me complaining or whatever, i am not. i am stating that i perfer seasons should be the first. Also some others do agree with me. If your going to be rude, take it somewhere ealse. ill be happy to flag you

As for changing the title to "I" sorry but i am not b/c some ("we") people do want seasons first, your right it looks cool and i will wait for it to come out.
  • Options
    polkadotty1233polkadotty1233 Posts: 58 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Too true. It looks good, in my opinion. I'd buy it before I start critisizing it.

As long as they don't take quests too far...

Happy Simming!
    Calimero

agreed. :]
  • Options
    WizaerdWizaerd Posts: 138 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Be careful when you say "we", because "we" dont want seasons... You may, and some others, but not everybody...
  • Options
    mznekomzneko Posts: 165 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Beccaree wrote:
    I think world adventures sounds fun. I hope we get new outfits and hairstyles from around the world. That would be sweet!

Agrees - I'm looking forward to anything new that will add variety to the game :)
  • Options
    SJane3384SJane3384 Posts: 516 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SIGNED!

Personally I think this was completely the WRONG idea for the first EP. There are so many other things fans were asking for first (ie Seasons, like the title of this thread).

And for all of you that are saying "Play it before bashing it", I don't have to have played it to know I don't like the premise.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SJane3384 wrote:
    SIGNED!

Personally I think this was completely the WRONG idea for the first EP. There are so many other things fans were asking for first (ie Seasons, like the title of this thread).

And for all of you that are saying "Play it before bashing it", I don't have to have played it to know I don't like the premise.

AGREED!
  • Options
    ShadowintheWaterShadowintheWater Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Be careful when you say "we", because "we" dont want seasons... You may, and some others, but not everybody...

Absolutely agree. It implies the poster is speaking for everyone, and, well, he's not speaking for me, for starters.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    named changed to "SOME" happy
  • Options
    isabellawhatevaisabellawhateva Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SJane, I want zombies too!!
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited August 2009
    Why can't they just throw everything that everyone wants into one hodge podge ep? Sheesh!

I was never a big fan of the vacation ep's. I always sent my sims home early from Bon Voyage. I didn't want a bigfoot living with me, and I never filled in all the ummm....whoseit's in my whatsit's....to become a seasoned traveler, or whatever that was. LOL, see I just couldn't get through a vacation. At any rate, as usual, some will love it, others will hate it. If I don't like the traveling part, I'm sure there will be lots of new items and traits and other things that I will just love and can incorporate into my sims daily lives. I'll be happy no matter what.

• Options
    shmue441shmue441 Posts: 86 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, you guys can wait for seasons to come out, and my sims will learn martial arts in China :D . I really like the idea for WA.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2009
    Kc71886 wrote:
    Why can't they just throw everything that everyone wants into one hodge podge ep? Sheesh!

because it would cost a couple 100 bucks
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sim3Rich wrote:
    jktee511 wrote:
    I do agree with that, but Egypt looks kinda interesting.

it does but i think we will have to hit loading screens, i don't want egypt in the middle of sunset vally LOL.

Actually, the only loading screen we might get and it is expected is the travel between each area. Some people got the seamless neighborhood idea wrong, once you are in your location it will operate like sunset. Bon Voyage you had tons of loading screens everywhere you went. Seamless neigbhorhood does not only pertain to one town. However, we must wait and see what EA updates become available. Now I know somebody is going to ask for a EP Chat.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimberellaSimberella Posts: 139 New Member
    edited August 2009
    EA is a business. They will do anything to ensure that their product will sell for top dollar. Say a few stragglers want one themed EP but EA has determined that a different themed EP will bring in more money. Which EP do you think they'll choose to create and release?

EA obviously doesn't see a high demand for any other EP right now. They think World Adventures will pull more cash and create new buyers.

They have to keep their business afloat right?

If I don't like the premise of an EP, I just wont buy it... but I think eventually they will create an EP that I, and other simmers might want to purchase.

We'll see. I like the World Adventures idea, just not enough to buy it.
  • Options
    Mandyc349Mandyc349 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love seasons too, but we can already grow fruit and veg and other very interesting things. I think it would be nice to have more places to visit. I'm sure other eps will give us most of the things we want in the future. :wink:
  • Options
    SJane3384SJane3384 Posts: 516 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sim3Rich wrote:

Actually the "WE" in the name implied the people WITHIN the thread, not the entire community. You didn't really have to change it just because of a few whiny people :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sim3Rich wrote:
    Omg this is so annoying.

First, people complain about wanting patches and EP's.

Now that they are getting one, they still aren't happy. They want different EP's. You just can't please people like that. :roll:

If you don't like it so much, it's simple: DON'T BUY IT!

people aren't happy b/c EA says they listen to the fans and they really don't, they make things that we don't need and the don't make things that we want

like where is the neighborhood creator that BEN said they would be making? hmm

Rich, I remember Ben saying that and in time we may still get it, but what many are asking cannot be done in one shot. EA can't please us all and they know it. They are the one's putting this together and not us. What may be offered today may not be available tomorrow and it may be because of the technlogy that is offered or it may be possible on paper but in the working model not feasible. Regardless of what we say about EA we still buy their products and I am definantly buying this EP even if there is no seasons. I know you probably buy it too and Nov is right around the corner. Give it time we will have our seasons and much more. but if Diablo 3 comes out before then(fat chance) I am ghost.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SJane3384 wrote:
    Sim3Rich wrote:

Actually the "WE" in the name implied the people WITHIN the thread, not the entire community. You didn't really have to change it just because of a few whiny people :mrgreen:

where have you been all my life... lol finally someone gets what "WE' ment lol
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [/quote]Rich, I remember Ben saying that and in time we may still get it, but what many are asking cannot be done in one shot. EA can't please us all and they know it. They are the one's putting this together and not us. What may be offered today may not be available tomorrow and it may be because of the technlogy that is offered or it may be possible on paper but in the working model not feasible. Regardless of what we say about EA we still buy their products and I am definantly buying this EP even if there is no seasons. I know you probably buy it too and Nov is right around the corner. Give it time we will have our seasons and much more. but if Diablo 3 comes out before then(fat chance) I am ghost.[/quote]

oh i will buy it (im that of a sim addict) i am just saying that i would like seasons first rather then traveling, it looks pretty cool but i'd rather it come later in the game
  • Options
    mzki24mzki24 Posts: 1,356 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Idk i'll have to play it before i can really make a judgment call or at least hear more about it.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    lol, I like how you changed the subject line from "we want seasons..." to "some want seasons..."
  • Options
    hypersaxonhypersaxon Posts: 76 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm... do I want to take a fun trip to foreign countries, or watch it snow?

I choose the former.
  • Options
    louisSotolouisSoto Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh I Can't wait ! traveling to far off ports, exploring forgotten tombs in egypt.. Oh wait, i can't play more than 10 min because of the bugs that are in the base game. dang, maybe they will fix those in the expansion.
  • Options
    StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited August 2009
    People just can't be pleased, its the way of the world. They came out with world adventure, some are happy other's arent. If they came out with Pets people would be happy but others would want Seasons. If they came out with Seasons people would have wanted Pets. It's never a true win win and it's life.

All we can do is wait for more information as the months go on and by the time the game comes out either buy it or not, enjoy it or not. We all have choices. I myself will choose to buy it because it's different.

To each his/her own
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hypersaxon wrote:
    Hmm... do I want to take a fun trip to foreign countries, or watch it snow?

I choose the former.

do you want it to be sunny all the time with the same activities and have traveling some what later or added with seasons?