Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Runway (Sim Edition) All Applicants Please Read!!

ErionErion Posts: 267 New Member

ATTENTION:THE COMPETITION IS STARTING!

Everyone who applied to be in the competition NEEDS to post something on this topic saying you are still interested in competing. After that, you will be a competitor in the competition.

Project Runway (Sim Edition) Contest #1

Step 1: Select your primary model that you will regularly throughout the competition. Then upload the model and post a link here.

Step 2: Select a secondary model for this contest. You do not have to upload that model.

Step 3: Create one outfit for each model. Each outfit will represent opposite personalities. You can do whatever personalities you want, get creative.(You are not just limited to the personalities in the game)

Step 4: Take photos of your models in their outfits on the runway I have provided. Once you upload the pictures, only post them here if you have modified them to fit the page. If not, post a link to the picture. Remember, you can modify the runway in any way.
(Runway Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=909738).

This week's contest will end on August 18th, so begin working on your designs today.

THIS WEEKS CONTEST ENDS AUGUST 18TH

How to Win:
This competition will be similar to the tv show project runway. Every week there will be a simdesign competition, and one simdesigner will be eliminated. This will happen until there are only 3 simdesigners left. They will create a collection of 5 outfits each, and photos of their collection will be posted. People from the sim community will vote for the winner. 1 week after the photos of the simdesigners collections were posted, i will count the votes and the winner will be crowned.

Meshes and Models:
You can use any clothing mesh found in the sims3 base game, sims 3 store, or custom content sites. If you use a clothing mesh from a custom content site for an entry, post the link to the site along with it.If you enter, you will only have to make one sim, which will be your model(female). The rest of the competition is about designing clothes. Your model doesn't effect how you do in the competition.

I hope you guys have fun with this!

Comments

• Options
    CauzCauz Posts: 457 Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't really joined any competitions yet, so i suppose it couldn't hurt.. So what do i just say say HEY! I WANNA JOIN! :thumbup:
  • Options
    valennealvvalennealv Posts: 641 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Joined. So this was your idea? Love.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    katee053katee053 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I wanna join but I'm off on holidays.
    Good luck though and I'll join if there's a second series :]
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 247 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have no clothes designing experience, but I'd love to join in order to add some diversity to the competition (boring, married guy and new dad surrounded by hip fashion designers). What do you say?
  • Options
    KatlynsBirdsKatlynsBirds Posts: 918 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ill join
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited July 2009
    i wanna join, what are the requirements?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    There aren't really any specific requirements. If there are too many people that want to join, I'll go through your studios to help narrow it down.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    More people need to sign up!
    Or we cant do this :(
  • Options
    snaggesnagge Posts: 158 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd really like to join, but it feels like there's no chance of getting anywhere in a competition like this unless you wanna install CC and I'm a bit afraid of doing that, since my game has been working weirdly lately. It's been really slow and I can't use mods anymore?

I'll join if you know if downloading CC clothes won't make it slower?
  • Options
    MeezletoeMeezletoe Posts: 462 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm kind of curious about this....but I don't know if I'll be able to participate. What are the deadlines for the challenges? :D I'd like to be in this. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I haven't decided the deadlines for the challenges yet bc I didn't know if I was going to have enough people to do the competition
  • Options
    exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited August 2009
    It sounds interesting. Are we given models like the show that we have to use for all of the outfits?
  • Options
    BonafiedgzBonafiedgz Posts: 501 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would join for you :D But I'm not a sim maker person :( I build...Sorry

Bonafiedgz
  • Options
    exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited August 2009
    Bonafiedgz wrote:

Bonafiedgz

I know the feeling... I can do decent outfits but I'm more of a builder and I am not so great at doing anything beside the outfit. LOL I wish I could sim better there would be a lot of sims I would make from some of my fave shows. :D
  • Options
    BonafiedgzBonafiedgz Posts: 501 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bonafiedgz wrote:

Bonafiedgz

I know the feeling... I can do decent outfits but I'm more of a builder and I am not so great at doing anything beside the outfit. LOL I wish I could sim better there would be a lot of sims I would make from some of my fave shows. :D
    Yup, Totaly understand xD But at least we can build..
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    snagge wrote:
    I'd really like to join, but it feels like there's no chance of getting anywhere in a competition like this unless you wanna install CC and I'm a bit afraid of doing that, since my game has been working weirdly lately. It's been really slow and I can't use mods anymore?

From what Erion said, we don't HAVE to use CC if we don't want to. We can stick with clothing from the base game and use create a style to make it our own.

As others have said, I'm not really much of a clothing sims maker - though I do enjoy playing around with the building tools. But I think this competition would be a fund way to experiment with create a sim and create a style, so I'm hoping to learn something by participating.

As far as getting enough simmers to join, I think something like this can take time. Simmers may not be interested in joining until after they have seen what the challenges are like and they realize that could actually have a shot at competing. I think we need to do a pilot project and draw up interest. Then in "Season 2" I think that things will really take off.

*BTW, I like the idea of Erion upload a model to the Exchange for us to use each week and to design an outfit for according to the weekly challenge. Or better yet, we could all agree to choose the same random sim upload and create a challenge around that Sim (perhaps one challenge would be a make-over week for a awful looking Sim on the exchange).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It sounds interesting. Are we given models like the show that we have to use for all of the outfits?

You can make your own model, but you have to use the same one throughout the competition unless you win a challenge. If you win a challenge, you can swap models
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    snagge wrote:

1.You don't have to use CC.
    2. I download tons of CC and I haven't noticed anything not working in game. Plus, if it does do something to your game, all you have to do is delete the file.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bump
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bump for you! i'll also volunteer as the heidi klum :D.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    solarspork wrote:
    bump for you! i'll also volunteer as the heidi klum :D.

Haha I don't think we're going to have a heidi klum, unless someone makes a really really realistic version of her.
  • Options
    peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ooh. This sounds great. :thumbup:

I would definately love to join.
  • Options
    makeitwork322makeitwork322 Posts: 559 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sure why not?

Count me in!

Let's all gather round and make it work!

My stuff is going to be so fierce ;)
  • Options
    badtothebone322badtothebone322 Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wanna' join!! :mrgreen: Even though I'll probably be out the door first! :-)
    FamilyPortrait1.png
    Click my signature to check out my TS4 legacy challenge!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yay!!!
    More people!