Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Domestic violence?

It's quite interesting how EA allows male sims fight and slap their GFs and wives...isn't that domestic violence?
"By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"

Comments

• Options
    twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited March 2012
    OMGs thank you so much for bringing this up :-) I was so shocked with how the creators let this one slip its just wrong. :?
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2012
    I suppose so, though it's not particularly violent so I suppose it fits into the age rating. I did a story about domestic violence a few months ago in my game, it was hard-hitting stuff but I did find it interesting to craft.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited March 2012
    MistyLake wrote:
    It's quite interesting how EA allows male sims fight and slap their GFs and wives...isn't that domestic violence?

Overanalyzing the simple "fight" option, nothing new here. I think someone trolled not too long ago and made a thread saying an "Abuse" option came up in his/her game...

• Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited March 2012
    really another one of this threads? EA created a life simulation game and that what it is they are not the moral police.

Look on back of a Sims 3 case as rating content

Crude Humor
    Sexual Themes
    Violence
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2012
    Stirring the pot OP! :roll:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited March 2012
    really another one of this threads? EA great a life simulation game and that what it is they are not the moral police.

Crude Humor
      Sexual Themes
      Violence

Yeah I was actually trying to find the "abuse" one to link it. Too funny! :)

TIPPER GORE WHERE ARE YOU OUR KIDS NEED SAVED
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2012
    MistyLake wrote:
    :roll:
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited March 2012
    really another one of this threads? EA created a life simulation game and that what it is they are not the moral police.

Crude Humor
    Sexual Themes
    Violence

^ This, I couldnt have said it better myself.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited March 2012
    MistyLake wrote:

Yes I was thinking of calling the Humane Society about all the homeless animals as well.
  • Options
    pinkstar2000pinkstar2000 Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Gotta love that "fight" option. I took my sim to the neigbors house just to slap him about. Good times...good times 8)

fbfd450a-7ef4-44c4-8bda-daca200f3198.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well it would be great if the humane society took care of the abandon horses just been dumped in my park!!! :shock:

I do and admit that I love the fighting scenes but what i'm getting out is the fact that the female Sims can get slapped by men which I think is a little wrong for my liking.

I guess that I am just an old timer but I do stick to my values :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited March 2012
    Gotta love that "fight" option. I took my sim to the neigbors house just to slap him about. Good times...good times 8)

fbfd450a-7ef4-44c4-8bda-daca200f3198.jpg

lmao you have some good posts
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mmmmm for some reason that bear is making me hungry 8)
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    EA allows for SIMs to fight. YOU make the choice to engage in domestic violence.
  • Options
    whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited March 2012
    I thought that anyone can slap anyone. It's not restricted to sex.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    Then i guess you could say that its domestic violence when the girls smack him too.

Its a video game. lighten up.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited March 2012
    EA allows for SIMs to fight. YOU make the choice to engage in domestic violence.

Haha so true...

OP, I doubt anyone here approves of domestic violence, but this is just slapstick and dust clouds in a game.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited March 2012
    It is equal opportunity smacking. And OMG! Young people can smack the elderly! Disgraceful!! :lol:

It's only a game!

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well is it wrong to want to eat some Bears?.....Seriously I'm hungry now :twisted:
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2012
    whtrbt wrote:
    I thought that anyone can slap anyone. It's not restricted to sex.

Oh no, it's only domestic abuse if it's a man slapping a woman. But a man being hit is fine :roll:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2012
    A woman smacking a man is just as much as domestic violence. However, at least in America (can't speak for other countries) male against female domestic violence is much more talked about than female against male domestic violence.

Because of the training I got when I was working for the Court Ordered counseling agency that also did domestic violence, I have a lot broader view of what is domestic violence.

I agree with the OP, but there are a lot more people that may not see it that way.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2012
    dark5id3 wrote:
    It is equal opportunity smacking. And OMG! Young people can smack the elderly! Disgraceful!! :lol:

It's only a game!

:lol::lol::lol:

This, this and some more of this! :thumbup:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited March 2012
    Whatever.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well I don't like the Evil sims stealing the candy from the child! :? 8) :x :lol: :? 8) 8) 8)
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited March 2012
    I can see where the OP is coming from, from an outsider playing Sims it may seem like domestic violence. However, the violence options are available to any two sims who hate each other, regardless of sex, marital status, and limited in age to an extent. That being said, it isn't only limited to married adults, therefore domestic violence is not the focus here. If your sims happen to be married and also hate each other and are violent towards each other, maybe it's time for a separation. How you play your game is your choice alone, EA only helped supply us with more options to make it realistic.

But honestly, you can't really complain about very much violence or illegal activity in Sims. Sims may fight, but it can't be taken to the next level such as homicide like you may find in another video game. There may be cat burglars but they never physically harm your sims (other than upsetting them). Generally, despite the slight violence options, EA has done a pretty good job of keeping this game safe for younger kids. :thumbup: