Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The next expansion pack (announced)

Comments

• Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Any proof yet...
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2009
    lordqarlyn wrote:
    Until EA's official annoucement, I am gonna hold off speculating what's gonna be in the EP....

agreed. Speculation and Rumor only leads to people getting disapointed and rage quiting the sims
  • Options
    greatharrygreatharry Posts: 165 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Snowboarding would be cool! They could have a mountain and a lift and have a snowboarding skill!
  • Options
    christinaforeverchristinaforever Posts: 899 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That sounds more appealing to me than the animals tbh.
    where did you find these hair because i cant find them
  • Options
    ScrogdogScrogdog Posts: 929 New Member
    edited July 2009
    We really don't know what 'Destination Adventures" means.

Rabbit holes are "destinations". :)
  • Options
    pattsyrpattsyr Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sounds good to me i do like the vacation pack for TS2 x
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2009
    Snooty sims has announced the next expansion pack is Destination Aventure (I don't think it is really spelled like that.. I think he might not have translated it from french). Anyhow, I really hope this is a giant rumor because out of all the expansions in TS2 and TS1 vacation was the one I could always do without. Unless one of the 'aventures' they have planned are raising puppies and kittens and farm animals I am very disappointed.
    But just in case this is really what we are getting first lets brainstorm what could possibly be in that could be good.
    -Carnival items (like from Ts1)
    - Extreme sports (snowboarding)
    - More things to collect (Not too thrilling in my opinion...)
    - Creatures?
    Ugh, that is all I have got. I just wanted animals!!!!

1.) :mrgreen:Love the carnival items idea!

2.) there definitely will be animals eventually

3.) where are the aliens??

4.) creatures are awesome!
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2009
    I liked vacations a lot, but sometimes they felt a little bit tedious. Once you've been to all the destinations once, it takes the thrill out of it. It could work if they and something to do on holiday.

Of course, it is codenamed 'destination adventure,' who knows what that could mean?
  • Options
    JACQUIAJACQUIA Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've heard that the expansion disc is due to be announced in August for release in October but it's going to be like Open for business! I really want weather & animals again & I agree a farming expansion pack would be brilliant! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited July 2009
    Snooty sims has announced the next expansion pack is Destination Aventure (I don't think it is really spelled like that.. I think he might not have translated it from french). Anyhow, I really hope this is a giant rumor because out of all the expansions in TS2 and TS1 vacation was the one I could always do without. Unless one of the 'aventures' they have planned are raising puppies and kittens and farm animals I am very disappointed.
    But just in case this is really what we are getting first lets brainstorm what could possibly be in that could be good.
    -Carnival items (like from Ts1)
    - Extreme sports (snowboarding)
    - More things to collect (Not too thrilling in my opinion...)
    - Creatures?
    Ugh, that is all I have got. I just wanted animals!!!!

I got bored with pets very fast- it is enough my real-life Cassie Kitty tries to interrupt my simming.. and we have in the Sims 3- in Riverview especially, much more realistic and 'usable' farm items plus real plants- that don't take half a sims lifetime to grow- and plantable in actual crops- all sims2 had was a barn and silo neighborhood set- and planting one type at a time until getting good at that one.. plus the 3 fruit trees- also in riverview..

I do miss the four definite seasons tho

Destination Adventures-
    my wishes would be
    1. a trip back in time to the cave-men era, the greeks, eqypt in the time of King Tut, the roman empire, medieval times, etc- with sims having to acclimate to the living conditions and social requirements- as the 'natives' would not know they were vacationers..

2. a trip back to the future- to colonys/lands in far galaxies or on a space colony- same precepts as the first..

3. with anonymity either back to the year and town the sim was born in, to observe her/his birth, parents, siblings and early upbringing - or back to the future when the sim has lived a full life- and observe, witness the decline of old age and eventual death- family/descendents, close friends and neighbors- to see and hear what they really thought of that sim- some could be the types who plunge the who city into mourning- others despised behind their backs..

4. adventures like the far east- but on an archaology site right at the lip of a volcano thought to be inactive that - starts up again - California in a cottage/house built right on the main fault line and "the big one" strikes (my family home was just that) - Kansas in an old farmhouse with a root celler next to the outhouse- and a huge tornado touches down.. a guest of President Obama and Michelle in the White House for a week- with State Dinners, mandatory Congressional Activities observed, etc

Those would, to me, be adventures and would give the word 'vacation' an entirely new meaning..
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If the vacation ep the next one, I'll be sad as when I heard about the delay!

Trust me I was crying that day!
  • Options
    NoelmetalNoelmetal Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I liked the ideas for of the previous EPs, just HATED all the loading screens so I never really ventured beyond my home lot most of the time. I would like to be able to take my sims on a nice vacation where you'll be able to walk outside your hotel and not need a loading screens to walk across the road to the beach!!!

Also something I just thought... Do you think that if your playing Riverview you'll be able to go on vaction to Sunset Valley?

p.s. this message is kind of a test to see if signature is working
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2009
    Superstar anyone? God, i so badly want that back! And i could definitely do with seasons, it added such a refreshing element to the game!
  • Options
    AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The EP due for release in Australia 1st November. I ordered mine today. The guy in the shop couldn't tell me what the theme was. I want it regardless of the theme but would love a gardener, a piano, more baby items, a Nanny.... but I do like the idea of a cruise ship...
  • Options
    FairytaleEndingFairytaleEnding Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I personally never took advantage of the pets pack. I found training the animals to be annoying and time consuming. I had one Sim with one pet and never did that again.

That being said, I didn't send my Sims on vacations after I'd played through all the goals once, either. However, if the Destination Adventure thing pans out, it would be neat if our Sims could visit amusement parks. That would be different, and might be fun.

I think the Sims 2 expansion pack I used most was University. All my Sims were college grads, because I liked having extra slots for wants. I also liked Open for Business, because I enjoyed having a hairdresser in my neighborhood to try to de-ugly my townies a little.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Why was this thread bumped?! D<
  • Options
    SusieaaSusieaa Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It sounds awefull.
    Animals, vacations :(
    It might put my sims out of the normal work routine but it still doesnt interesst me. Weather sounds interessting though. I liked the snow.

As the thread starter suggested Creatures would be lovely.
    Something more interesting than the normal boring lifes. Give me vampires and witches and you shall be forgiven EA. :!:
  • Options
    dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I barely have enough time for my sms to do the essentials, I don't know how I'll find the time to do other stuff. :( They take so long to do anything, except eat,
  • Options
    the_harlequinadethe_harlequinade Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2009
    I bought Bon Voyage for TS2 but I never really used it. It would be cool if we could have watersports. My rich sims want a yacht.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2009
    I would love it if our sims are able to go sailing or are able to take a cruise! We should be able to follow our sims when they sail in their yacht or go on a cruise!
  • Options
    OGPoohOGPooh Posts: 276 Member
    edited August 2009
    All I really want is weather. The world feels so, so much more real with it. It's funny, because Seasons was one EP that really never appealed to me, until I installed it. It ended up by far, my favorite (Pets second).

Now I want more extreme weather... Severe lightning, hurricanes, etc.
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2009
    Noelmetal wrote:
    I liked the ideas for of the previous EPs, just HATED all the loading screens so I never really ventured beyond my home lot most of the time. I would like to be able to take my sims on a nice vacation where you'll be able to walk outside your hotel and not need a loading screens to walk across the road to the beach!!!

Oh yeah I hated that so much! But TS3 doesn't have any loading screens during game play, I hope they're able to keep that up.

I don't care what the next EP is... As long as it includes a lot of themes in one so to leave room for fresher ideas in the next EPs. Like pets, weather and vacation or whatever in one and then coming up with something completely different next time.
  • Options
    AndreaKiddAndreaKidd Posts: 529 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would love to have that surf simulator like on TS2 for the PS2, even though that game was crappy, it was a lot more advanced than when I bought TS2 for PC. Some of the stuff that was in that (features) like you could actually pick your own shoes and stuff haha.

but there was a surf simulator, it was a lot of if fun. I got Bon Voyage as my very first EP, but it was also my last one since I got it in march.

I personally had fun with it, I went to the beach more though, I was able to swim and tan. I LOVE that cruise idea from the guy on the first page, amusment oarks would be amazing. I think sims should be able to purchase yachts and other boats, to cruise around on, have parties, and even live on! I would love to see vacation homes as well, and a choice to live there if we want instead of just vacationing.
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited August 2009
    Lestat1995 wrote:
    I hope that, assuming they make them again, they actualy replace the needs with a blood need and let you kill people by ******* them dry. That would be awesome! (obviously I love vampires, wish I were one) If not, theres always mods.

:shock: