Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusted Moodlet and Buzzing in the Kitchen

Every time one of the Sims (all five of them at the moment) enters the kitchen then get the disgusted and dirty surroundings moodlets. There is nothing to clean there is no trash lying around and no spoiled food in the fridge. I tried moving all the furniture out of the room and the now empty kitchen still causes the negative moodlets. When I zoomed in close to the kitchen however I begin hearing a low buzzing sound like that of insects but there are none visible and no option coming up to do anything about it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I deal with it?

Comments

• Options
    Dallas8178Dallas8178 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you have a trash compactor and haven't taken out the trash, it might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    dew0330dew0330 Posts: 394 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Huh... sounds like a problem try, deleting the whole kitchen, foundation, walls, windows, roof and everything, then go ahead and rebuild it and see what happens.
  • Options
    MarySweetMarySweet Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Throw away all old newspapers.

Check for birthday cakes in inventories it can be difficult to know that they are actually spoiled -I mean their picture doesn't look rotten.

I don't know if picnic baskets have anything to do with it but you could check all picnic baskets.

I think a broken disherwasher can cause this.

And ya empty the trash compactor.
  • Options
    CarluceCarluce Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No trash in the compactor, no old newspapers, birthday cakes, or anything spoiled, and nothing broken.

I will try demolishing the room but hopefully that is not the only option.
  • Options
    A13xzA13xz Posts: 395 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try hiring a maid. Even if s/he does nothing, the game may think the room has been cleaned.

:)
    -ali
  • Options
    HuNNisLadyHuNNisLady Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you try emptying the fridge of all the old food?
  • Options
    OneBadMammaJammaOneBadMammaJamma Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What about your inventory? After my Sim had been going through someone else's garbage, the trash was in her inventory and she was disusted by it. It took me 2 Sim days to figure out what the problem was.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a plate of old food hiding behind the food processor for days before I found it.
  • Options
    bucsfankhris05bucsfankhris05 Posts: 1,020 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try checking the counters, too - I had some Sims that had the Disgusted moodlet and it turned out the counter under the food processor was dirty. You don't have to move the food processor - just click on it to clean it.

Good luck!
  • Options
    sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2009
    I vote for the counter under the food processor. It's the one that catches my sims attention every time.
  • Options
    CarluceCarluce Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for all the comments. Destroying the room entirely (furniture and all) didn't fix the problem. My best guess is that it is an invisible pile of trash (based on the moodlet description), since the maid hasn't gotten it and my neat sim gets no option to clean anything nor deals with it when performing the "Clean House" command.

Has anyone experienced this before? I spent a large number of hours making this house and don't want to be forced into scraping it.
  • Options
    tenebrouspiratetenebrouspirate Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am having this exact same problem. I have tried everything discussed above, but there is nothing to clean or remove. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you clean the sinks? Sinks and counters are the hardest to know if they're clean or not.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Go into Build or Buy mode (doesn't matter which) and try moving things around with the hand tool. If there's some invisible rotten food lying around it might make itself know that way, either by suddenly appearing or by getting a message that you can't move something because it is "in use" by a Sim.
  • Options
    fizzjiggyfizzjiggy Posts: 41 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Actually, my theory is that it's caused by the cheap dishwasher. It makes so much noise that it gives them the moodlet.

That's my theory anyway. When I have the more expensive dishwasher, they don't get the negative moodlet.
  • Options
    annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The same thing happened to me. I tried everything including looking for the invisible trash pile, but nothing worked. Since I didn't want to move them out I just ignored it and after a sim week or so the problem just disappeared.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2009
    What do you have going on the floors above and below your kitchen? I know some environmental bonuses seem to radiate through walls of rooms and up and down levels. Music boosts can do the same thing. I do a lot of building with multiple levels of decks above one another. As they are all "outside" living areas, I am always getting boosts from other levels. Taking a stab you have something on the floor above or below your kitchen. Maybe even an old mess on the ground from before you put in the foundation. Just guesses, but hope it might help you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have moved stuff, deleted/replaced stuff, demolished stuff, built extra walls trying to isolate the area, looked for piles of trash, dirty dishes, puddles of water, piles of ash from fires, made sure everything is clean and repaired, made sure there is nothing nasty in the fridge, and I have a maid as well as a clean sim living in the house. It is only in the kitchen, nowhere else. I have another kitchen elsewhere in the house, and it does not have this problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anyone?
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had this problem until I found out it was a dead fish in the fish bowl
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    edited August 2009
    In a house with three sims one of them developed a disgusted moodlet that I could not clear. The others never got it. I took it as a game bug. In the end because she was a playable ghost and I had planned to send her to the netherworld anyway, when she came back the moodlet was gone.
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Carluce wrote:
    Thanks for all the comments. Destroying the room entirely (furniture and all) didn't fix the problem. My best guess is that it is an invisible pile of trash (based on the moodlet description), since the maid hasn't gotten it and my neat sim gets no option to clean anything nor deals with it when performing the "Clean House" command.

Has anyone experienced this before? I spent a large number of hours making this house and don't want to be forced into scraping it.
    My sim hides their dirty dishes everywhere, you could try changing their traits but in the middle of a game i think its just wrong.
  • Options
    simlvr6695simlvr6695 Posts: 356 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    Did you clean the sinks? Sinks and counters are the hardest to know if they're clean or not.
  • Options
    simlvr6695simlvr6695 Posts: 356 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    thats exactly what i was gonna say.
    arg.
    :thumbdown:
    :wink:
  • Options
    thinkpinkannthinkpinkann Posts: 54 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It's probably the fridge, there was a bug, literally and figuratively, in my game.