The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bluewind’s Tutorials and Help Section (also includes yellowpages)

Comments

• Options
    MissyRMissyR Posts: 317 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Hiya :)

Just skimmed through several sections of this - its packed full of info!
    Thank you soo much for posting it all - especially the section "Forum Pics and URLs Tutorial"
    Really useful section for when you join your first few contests.
    Bakingnerd showed me how the turn words into a webpage link, which i'll always be thankful to her for :) but youve listed lots more I didnt know, was wondering about how to resize pictures only yesterday!
    I've bookmarked this thread and expect I will refer back often in months to come :)

*hugs* lol
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Another post, sorry just a quickie, I see peeps saying OP alot, Im pretty sure Ive worked out that it means creator of thread yes? What does it stand for though lol
    Also hope its not cheeky to suggest answer to be added to dictionary :)
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited March 2012
    Blue when you get a chance can you please update the link for my contest directory? It is now this one

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/496653.page

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited March 2012
    MissyR wrote:
    Another post, sorry just a quickie, I see peeps saying OP alot, Im pretty sure Ive worked out that it means creator of thread yes? What does it stand for though lol

Original Post/Er :)

You can refer to the maker of the thread as "the OP", or refer to the first post in the thread the "OP". :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    LOL thanks thesimling :)
    At least I knew what it meant!
  • Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited March 2012
    MissyR wrote:
    Thank you for the new term to add to the dictionary!

OP: Original Post/Poster. It is used to refer to either the very first post on a thread or the person who made the very first post.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    Blue when you get a chance can you please update the link for my contest directory? It is now this one

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/496653.page

Thank you very much!
    Fixed! And thank you hun ;)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    use this a lot... well I refere to it a lot
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    use this a lot... well I refere to it a lot
    Awwww, thank you hun :mrgreen:

My Hatchlings and Eggs ;)
    My Hatchlings and Eggs ;)
    .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif .gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    5139851398 Posts: 850 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread :D. I knew some of the stuff on here, but some I didn't know, like how to resize images. Thank you thank you thank you for that! I was searching forEVER and I finally found this thread on my quest to create a siggy that isn't too big. I'm also happy that anettesb provided a tutorial on how to have custom paintings; I never would have figured that out on my own, and am so excited to try that because I was getting bored of the same old paintings. Also thanks for the guide on the My Pages, those are just way too confusing and I'm hoping your guide will help a bit.
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bumping, as this is a useful thread :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    51398 wrote:
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread :D. I knew some of the stuff on here, but some I didn't know, like how to resize images. Thank you thank you thank you for that! I was searching forEVER and I finally found this thread on my quest to create a siggy that isn't too big. I'm also happy that anettesb provided a tutorial on how to have custom paintings; I never would have figured that out on my own, and am so excited to try that because I was getting bored of the same old paintings. Also thanks for the guide on the My Pages, those are just way too confusing and I'm hoping your guide will help a bit.

I am glad you have gotten so much use out of my thread. Please feel free to suggest any new topics or suggestions you think of okay? I am always looking for new material :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bluewind, thank you so much for posting the info on the new pages. I wish I'd have checked in sooner. It was very helpful. Thank you again and thanks to all that have added.

Y'all just don't know how much I appreciate it. Have a great week! : )
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    cbrock7 wrote:
    Bluewind, thank you so much for posting the info on the new pages. I wish I'd have checked in sooner. It was very helpful. Thank you again and thanks to all that have added.

Y'all just don't know how much I appreciate it. Have a great week! : )
    Welcome Brock! Hope you are having a great week wherever you are :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just had to say thank you to LoreleyLee for the lovely gift and comment. It was so very sweet. :D

My hatching and eggs ;)
    I9boZ.gif .gif .gif .gif .gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The trick to good pictures.

1. Go to options, click on the “Graphics” tab, and alter the settings to increase quality.

2. Quit your game and reopen it so the adjustments will take affect.

3. While in your game, press Tab to go into camera mode which allows you to move the camera freely.

Key for Camera Mode
    e = up
    q = down
    a = left
    d = right
    w = forward
    s = backward
    x = zoom in
    z = zoom out
    c = take picture

Press tab again to exit camera mode
  • Options
    KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Kurisuti wrote:
    Thank you so much for this!
    You are very welcome! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2012
    51398 wrote:

Your welcome... lots of trial and error in it though to get it to work.... but when you got your hand on it... it isn't that hard...
    If I ever make my artgalery/studio ready for practesing this I post a link in my post.

You might want to go see the result of the competition I held to get more art... many nice works.

The Simtastic Spring exhibition of art http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/513798.page#7950745

Anette- painting-smiley.gif?1292867649
    My legacy http://anettesb.livejournal.com/
    My thank you thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312586.page

CFtS6.gif91JuS.gif2qMRn.gif2RAD0.gif1YMsq.gif
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2012
    This thread is very useful. Thank you :D
    I am bookmarking this for future use/reference
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't know if this has been posted before, but Smeelia posted a story that is a tutorial on how to set triggers for tomb objects.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=262768

Here is a thread about his guides to tomb building: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/267270.page

He also has links to some other good tutorials here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/220623.page#2736981

I'm having trouble getting things to load properly right now.

There is a video tutorial on placing dive wells and linking them to other wells from a home here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHh0y3jvzQc
    It's about 4 minutes long.

There's also a written explanation from Smeelia in reply to one of my posts asking about the dive wells.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/256541.page#3337300

Did I mention that he's awesome?

Hopefully that will help anyone who wants to make tombs or use tomb objects in their homes.

Now if I can just figure out what the firetruck is causing the materializing materials bug in my game. I got rid of all of my CC but I'm still getting it... I can't find my installation DVDs either so reinstalling right now is not an option. Is there a program to scan CC to make sure it won't cause the materializing materials thing? Delphy's Dashboard thing didn't find anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oops. Accidental double post because it kept giving me the Trouble Page and not letting me know that it posted.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Actually, if you registered your game, reinstalling IS an option. If you registered your games, you can go on origin and download the digital version of your games. Registering them on here will have them show up there too.

As for your bug problem, I'm not sure. Delphy and Custard can flag bad CC and corrupt files. I would suggest that you talk to bluenote about your issue to see if he knows of a program that can help.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    Actually, if you registered your game, reinstalling IS an option. If you registered your games, you can go on origin and download the digital version of your games. Registering them on here will have them show up there too.

As for your bug problem, I'm not sure. Delphy and Custard can flag bad CC and corrupt files. I would suggest that you talk to bluenote about your issue to see if he knows of a program that can help.

I wish that I could re-install from online, but I can't. I can barely get the patches loaded. I have satellite internet with high latency and sloooow downloads. I also have a limit on how much I can download per day and things often get corrupted. It took me 10 days to download a 1.5Gb patch for something. I ended up actually having to take my laptop to McDonalds 20 miles away and use the wifi there for a few days just to get my downloads completed. With the amount of data for the Sims 3 games it would be more than I can even load in a single month.

Let's just say my connection is so bad that when I tried to play Sims social it took me 10 minutes to load the game and then I couldn't even visit my neighbors.

I think I forgot to delete my collections files. Maybe its something in there that is corrupted. I'll have to try deleting that.

Btw, is there a way for me to just transfer all of my files to another computer (my desktop needs to have windows reinstalled bc of a problem) and keep all of my store items and patches? (and not have to reinstall everything again)? Because my desktop won't be able to access the internet due to its location (It doesn't have wifi card and it can't get signal through the fireplace anyway-- and my rabbit chewed the ethernet cable).

I'm not familiar with bluenote. I think I'll try a few more things first and see if I can get it working again. In the meantime, I really need to clean this room up and find my DVDs. LOL. They are probably under my bed or something.
  • Options
    player17amandaplayer17amanda Posts: 328 Member
    edited May 2012
    I put a link to this thread in another post I hope thats okay. I put your name with it too. :mrgreen:

its just that I wasnt the only one asking about putting in pics and links and stuff,, :oops: :oops:

I couldnt have done it without you...
    Thanks for the wonderful thread...