Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Game Review of Showtime

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjD6MIbmGc8

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Comments

• Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited March 2012
    Katy perry glittery farts lol
    I did notice she is in somewhat of an awkward pose on the cover ha
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for that, I've been waiting for this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eyeswideclosedeyeswideclosed Posts: 100 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I want to marry this person. He always knows exactly how I feel about the expansions <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited March 2012
    That was an awesome review. He also done a good one on Lunar Lakes.
  • Options
    ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2012
    Watched already. I'm just going to get the normal expansion - funny thing is it doesn't show up on any sites I've looked at and isn't in stores. So limited edition here I come =w=;.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited March 2012
    I never liked him, but I guess a lot of people like his reviews.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Love his reviews. The one for Master Suite was quite entertaining. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh! I completely forgot to look for this. I love his reviews, they're always honest and funny.

Hmm. this review was actually pretty boring, but oh well.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    44444.gif
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2012
    man i try to post a comment but it say i got block by the owner of that video!!
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2012
    As usual, hilarious and spot on honest.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you! I loved it! :thumbup:

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited March 2012
    Another quality video by LGR.
    On a side note: I'm pleasantly surprised the DJ booth plays house/Dubstep. But the fact that it's looked at as a "side job" and doesn't draw crowds as the singer does irks me. Has no one seen the crowds that Deadmau5 and Skrillex draw? Holy ish.

Anyway, funny and entertaining as always.
  • Options
    CoffeeladyCoffeelady Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    Very informative, thanks for posting! :)
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited March 2012
    He's always good for a laugh. On a side note I thought there was supposed to be music by Katy Perry in this game, :mrgreen: .
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2012
    man phreakindee if youre reading this, i would like to be un block please
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    JanChirSimsJanChirSims Posts: 2,144 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I find myself watching them every now and than just for the laughs. Plus I love hearing his voice :oops:
  • Options
    SIMAddict211SIMAddict211 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Love love his reviews they are so on spot about every expansion pack :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited March 2012
    I just watched the review a little while ago and loved it. I always love his reviews.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2012
    NOOOOOOO! I wanted to make it in his review! T_T I thought he said he'd be posting it on the 10th *pouts*. Oh, well it was fun!
  • Options
    LadyHCroftLadyHCroft Posts: 156
    edited March 2012
    I find myself watching them every now and than just for the laughs. Plus I love hearing his voice :oops:

Same with me. Luv them even if i dont agree with some. This one is hilarious!
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    I love his reviews lol :-D.

On a side note I really hate that Graham (Sims 3 Producer) flat out lied to everyone in the Live chat. He claimed that Simport was COMPLETELY optional and that anyone who didn't want to use it could turn it off and still have the same game as people who use Simport. WRONG!! I found out that 9 of the 15 stage sets are locked unless you use simport to unlock them and now I found out through Lazy Game Reviews that you can't advance in your career unless you use Simport :evil: ***? What happened to it being the same thing for everyone? So now I can't use 9 of the 15 sets I PAYED for because I don't want to use simport? My character will also not advance to the highest level unless I use simport? WTH? :cry:
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited March 2012
    Schantal wrote:
    I love his reviews lol :-D.

On a side note I really hate that Graham (Sims 3 Producer) flat out lied to everyone in the Live chat. He claimed that Simport was COMPLETELY optional and that anyone who didn't want to use it could turn it off and still have the same game as people who use Simport. WRONG!! I found out that 9 of the 15 stage sets are locked unless you use simport to unlock them and now I found out through Lazy Game Reviews that you can't advance in your career unless you use Simport :evil: ***? What happened to it being the same thing for everyone? So now I can't use 9 of the 15 sets I PAYED for because I don't want to use simport? My character will also not advance to the highest level unless I use simport? WTH? :cry:

Well, first off, I agree that I think the unlocking of the sets is ridiculous considering we paid for the EP, but...they DID say, and have been saying since it's been announced, that several things required SimPort to unlock them. You can still play the game, you just can't unlock those select sets. And second, you CAN advance through the careers without using SimPort, it just takes a little bit longer. But you absolutely can do it, so you really can play the game just like everyone else, only thing missing is those stage prop sets. (Which, tbh, aren't THAT amazing. Just my opinion on them, though!)

ETA: He says in the review that advancing through the careers is still doable without SimPort, it's just not necessarily as quick/fun.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    a_niles, no he said you would have to use simport to unlock achievements, not to unlock 75% of the stage props. I don't mind the achievement thing because that is to be expected and I bought the game knowing simport was on there. I am not complaining about simport being in the game just the fact that he said in the Live chat that you could use EVERY feature meaning props, careers, hairs, venues without logging into simport once.

He was referring to achievements, not 75% of stage props. I actually didn't find out about that until I read the guide.

I know he says in the review that it's doable to advance in the careers without simport but he says it takes a ridiculous amount of time which I found out considering I have been playing the game for 3 days :-(. I still have not peaked in singing and I have been playing since the 6th.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2012
    That was an awesome review. He also done a good one on Lunar Lakes.

watched the ST one and now Im watching the LL one :D

this guy is so funny!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited March 2012
    Schantal wrote:
    a_niles, no he said you would have to use simport to unlock achievements, not to unlock 75% of the stage props. I don't mind the achievement thing because that is to be expected and I bought the game knowing simport was on there. I am not complaining about simport being in the game just the fact that he said in the Live chat that you could use EVERY feature meaning props, careers, hairs, venues without logging into simport once.

He was referring to achievements, not 75% of stage props. I actually didn't find out about that until I read the guide.

I know he says in the review that it's doable to advance in the careers without simport but he says it takes a ridiculous amount of time which I found out considering I have been playing the game for 3 days :-(. I still have not peaked in singing and I have been playing since the 6th.

Well, as for the career enhancement, I'm sorry it's taking you so long :( I know it takes awhile, but it's worth the work, in my opinion...you'll get there! :D

I watched both of the live chats and have read several tweets/etc. regarding it and I do recall them mentioning the achievements, but I also recall them pointing out the sets that had to be unlocked. Maybe we both just remember different things, I suppose...but I've known awhile that the point of using SimPort was to unlock those sets...sorry you weren't aware of that :? Like I said, I agree that it's kind of pointless and silly to require that and to have objects in the game we can't openly use, though. And I've unlocked the Singing career set, and while it's kind of cool, it's not THAT amazing and doesn't really add much to the game play. But, again, that's just my opinion on it, I'm sure a lot of people love it.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif