Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims hair?!

Hello,
I was reading some of these fourms and noticed ppls side pic of there sim..and they have really cute hair that is not on the game?! How can I get these to without paying for them! Please help me, Im getting bored using the same old 4 hair styles!

Comments

• Options
    Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited July 2009
    do a forum search on hair instead of annoying us with your asinine questions, or better yet just freakin google it
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited July 2009
    peggy
    mts
    rose
  • Options
    happyblueanthappyblueant Posts: 348 New Member
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    Most of the CC hair out there is free; but there are some that are for pay only. Sorry, not much you can really do about that.

http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html has a nice list that will help direct you to where you need to go for the different hairs.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73573.page is a very clear guide to help you learn how to install it.

I tell everyone this: Download at your own risk. Most people do no have problems but some do. It's a risk we all take, and if you're unwilling to take any risks, then don't. It is entirely optional.

Happy simming!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, that was pretty harsh.
  • Options
    ashkelly87ashkelly87 Posts: 696 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Uzi666 wrote:
    do a forum search on hair instead of annoying us with your asinine questions, or better yet just freakin google it

Wow. People get mean on here for no reason... not everyone sits on the forums all day.

Try going to these sites:

www.modthesims.info
    www.peggyzone.com

There are others, but if you search for hair on this forum, you should get some more links.
  • Options
    Daisy745Daisy745 Posts: 533 New Member
    edited July 2009
    people of the 21st century who have computers- ya gotta start thinking...but yourself...without forum posts...GOOGLEEE!!!! *not yelling* and sorry for being harsh, but one, I;m really annoyed because of this, two it's called custom content, three the poster doesn't have an avatar, and four, oh why can't you just find it yourself?
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Jeez, you need a relaxing hot bath with smelling salts...

Anyways, go to
    www.peggyzone.com/
    www.rosesims2.net/
    http://www.modthesims.info/

You'll see a lot of posts about links to hair all around the forum
  • Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2009
    Uzi666 wrote:

harsh. this person is obviously new to the forums. All u needed to say was "do a forum or google search"
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow some people on these forums can be so mean.
  • Options
    BurntCupcakeBurntCupcake Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, rude and harsh answers from a few of you.

Hope the OP found what they were looking for from the others that were nice and helpful!
  • Options
    sarahkate_1206sarahkate_1206 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Daisy745 wrote:
    people of the 21st century who have computers- ya gotta start thinking...but yourself...without forum posts...GOOGLEEE!!!! *not yelling* and sorry for being harsh, but one, I;m really annoyed because of this, two it's called custom content, three the poster doesn't have an avatar, and four, oh why can't you just find it yourself?

um wow... isnt that what the forum is FOR?? for people to ask questions that they don't know the answer to? Google only gets you so far when you don't actually know what you're searching for, I realized there was obviously hair available that was a mod, but I'd have no clue how to find it just by searching google, let alone find good sources. That's what the forums are for. If you're that annoyed, ignore these posts and let people who actually have constructive things to say answer them.
    The poster probably doesn't have an avatar because they are new. I didn't have one for like 2 weeks either because I didn't realize you could upload stuff... I've never done the forums before recently.

so yea... just WOW. CHILL.
  • Options
    jesshilsejesshilse Posts: 2,205 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have been google it and came across some sites most that say you need to be a member..and I did some downloads but its not showing up on my game..is there soemthing else I need to do to get it there?
    Thank you for those that were helpful..Yes I am new to these fourms and was acually in middle of trying to upload an avator while waiting on replys to this..so chill out ppl!
  • Options
    mark0nemark0ne Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LOL - I am with the above poster. Just CHILL. Honestly - if you were a member of a social group who met regularly in the real world and you shouted at new members for asking old questions or commenting on subjects discussed before - well, I personally would think you a rude person...
  • Options
    sarahkate_1206sarahkate_1206 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Most of the CC hair out there is free; but there are some that are for pay only. Sorry, not much you can really do about that.

http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html has a nice list that will help direct you to where you need to go for the different hairs.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73573.page is a very clear guide to help you learn how to install it.

I tell everyone this: Download at your own risk. Most people do no have problems but some do. It's a risk we all take, and if you're unwilling to take any risks, then don't. It is entirely optional.

Happy simming!

This was helpful, I was wondering myself, but kept forgetting when i was milling around the forums, I just happened to see it on the recent topics. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited July 2009
    mark0ne wrote:
    Honestly - if you were a member of a social group who met regularly in the real world and you shouted at new members for asking old questions or commenting on subjects discussed before - well, I personally would think you a rude person

You mean that's not normal? What?
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Terse, blunt, but largely accurate...
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009

Happy simming!

This was helpful, I was wondering myself, but kept forgetting when i was milling around the forums, I just happened to see it on the recent topics. Thanks a lot!

Well as long as it helped at least one person my work here is done. :wink:
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    Uzi666 wrote:

You know what, you are the one who is annoying and asinine. Jeez, get a life. The poor person just had a simple question, they didn't deserve to be berated by the likes of you!!
  • Options
    mark0nemark0ne Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2009

You mean that's not normal? What?[/quote]

Normal to be impatient and rude to new people - unfortunately sometimes yes. DOes this make it right - I personally think not...just my opinion....
  • Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Uzi666 wrote:

Holy crap. :?
  • Options
    Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2009
    Just so you know, a google search doesn't turn up with much, and through MY searching at least, I have yet to find most the hair people are using on their avatars (and I frequent MTS).

Sometimes, when trying to find a piece of specific Sims modding, it can be very hard to find unless you ask the person directly.

Stop being so harsh. N00b question or not, sometimes the easiest (and in some cases only feasible) way to do something is to ask directly.

To all the people who have been rude with their replies, lighten up. Sheesh.
  • Options
    Firestaar1977Firestaar1977 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2009
    For the rude people...How often do you google? And when you do think of how many THOUSAND hits you get with sites that match... pain in the derriere is what it is. Last I knew that is one of the reasons this forum was created is for players to help OTHER players!

As for your question on the sites that you did google, even if it says you have to be a member to download, that doesn't mean it's a paysite. I'd say 90% of the sites have free membership, I know for sure that www.modthesims.info IS a free site but you do have to be a member which is free.

Again be very careful what you download. You can also find really cool mods (which change some of the gameplay experience) however a lot of times mods need to be updated with EVERY patch that is released or can truly mess up your computer.
  • Options
    jesshilsejesshilse Posts: 2,205 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks guys for all the info!
    Oh and my avator is up so stop your moaning moody ppl! Just needed some time geez!
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Uzi666 wrote:

:!:wow that was uncalled for! may I remind you some people on the forums may be new & are still learning their way around. When people act dicourteously it makes newbies feel uncomfortable & not want to use the website any longer & can therefore hurt their simming experience. We all are here for fun & to exchange information & creative ideas not bashing. I know the Moderators & Administrators ask everyone to search the forums first before they start a new topic but if someone is unaware of that, then please just simply inform them, not insult them. the entire purpose of the forum is for fellow simmers to help one another. nothing can be solved when we team against each other. :!: