Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sim marriages end in divorce?

Just curious as to how many of your sims' marriages end in divorce, seeing as how statistics are showing that now a days 50% of all marriages end in divorce as of 2011, so, what are your sims stats? ;) Mines like .00001% as ive only had it happen once since 2009 and then i had them remarry because my sim found out she was preggo like a day later ha

Comments

• Options
    missvalerinamissvalerina Posts: 861 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have had 2 or 3 Sims divorce out of many marriages. The first was because she was a gold digger and only wanted the guy for his money (she kicked him out of his really nice house he let her move into). The second was right after I got Late Night and my main Sim wanted to get more celebrity stars (she married the Sim in the movie career, Tiara Angelista, she had two star status, and my Sim got 3 stars), and I'm pretty sure there's a third one but I can't remember! I don't like to make my Sims divorce.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have had 2 or 3 Sims divorce out of many marriages. The first was because she was a gold digger and only wanted the guy for his money (she kicked him out of his really nice house he let her move into). The second was right after I got Late Night and my main Sim wanted to get more celebrity stars (she married the Sim in the movie career, Tiara Angelista, she had two star status, and my Sim got 3 stars), and I'm pretty sure there's a third one but I can't remember! I don't like to make my Sims divorce.
    Me either! lol, it makes me sad! If sims cant make it work, who can!?
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited February 2012
    My sims start hating each other before they get married XD So divorces are rare in my game. :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Me either! lol, it makes me sad! If sims cant make it work, who can!?

Hahah! I like to find out if they're compatible before they get married. If they're not, I don't force the marriage. All my compatible Sims have had successful relationships. They don't autonomously argue. They may drift apart momentarily due to demanding careers or raising a family, but they still roll wishes to be romantic with one another. I only force negative reactions if I'm playing a fun/test type game, like I just started with this new Sim I made because I've been wanting to use the Cow Plant, since I haven't yet.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    Not many for my active sims. I never have legacy families divorce and it's been a year at least since I played in a non-legacy style. Townies get divorced all the time, though - about 1/3 of the sims I pick for my active sims to marry end up being already married. After a quick affair, they've divorced and they're ready for their second marriage!
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited February 2012
    My main sims or townie sims?

My main sims ever rarely divorce. As for townie's....some of them get divorced every few simweeks. But it seems to be dependent on their traits and what one of Twallan's personalities they have, if any.

I once read that Parker and Bebe divorced after about three or four kids together. But after a few simweeks and a baby in another relationship by Parker, they got remarried. Remarriage is very rare in my game, so I thought that was special.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2012
    It depends really on the situation. For example if I have my sim marry another sim whom seems perfect but doesn't really fit then they will divorce. Also it depends on the storyline I have going on.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    It seems almost random for me. Sometimes Sims are together forever. Other times not so much. :roll:

I've played in some towns where a few couples will never get divorced even after 20+ weeks of gameplay. Start a new game in the same place, and some of them will be divorced by the first week's end.

Sims are fickle so I tend not to dwell too much on what is happening outside of my own Sim's household. I rarely play more than one household at a time, and when I do it's because the subsequent generations of the starting household have moved out. :XD:

But I've never had my own Sims autonomously divorce. I've forced divorces before, but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    By the way the "50% of all marriages end in divorce" stat depresses the hell out of me. I've only been married four months and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to me. I like to think that a lot of the people who get divorced are the types of people who wanted to get married so they could have a wedding, not a marriage. I got married to have a marriage.

/offtopic
    :)
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have a lot of divorces because of midlife crisis's.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Ugh I hate the midlife crises! Threatening to break up my happy Sims' marriages! Is there a mod to make those not happen anymore? I don't mind the get a tattoo, change your hair, remodel your house wishes. But the cheat on your spouse wishes get under my skin!

Edited to add: I apparently have OPINIONS! tonight. haha. I should probably go to bed. Goodnight Simmers! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    By the way the "50% of all marriages end in divorce" stat depresses the hell out of me. I've only been married four months and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to me. I like to think that a lot of the people who get divorced are the types of people who wanted to get married so they could have a wedding, not a marriage. I got married to have a marriage.

/offtopic
    i agree, im not even married and im scared of being one of those stats! Although, i do agree with you that a lot of people get married to have a wedding, or they think it will fix their broken relationship, just to be "married" w/o wanting to do the work, or because they think it will change their partner.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Ugh I hate the midlife crises! Threatening to break up my happy Sims' marriages! Is there a mod to make those not happen anymore? I don't mind the get a tattoo, change your hair, remodel your house wishes. But the cheat on your spouse wishes get under my skin!

Edited to add: I apparently have OPINIONS! tonight. haha. I should probably go to bed. Goodnight Simmers! :D
    night! also, i dont see any mods! but what happens during the midlife crisis? ive never had one... :shock:
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012

night! also, i dont see any mods! but what happens during the midlife crisis? ive never had one... :shock:

They roll wants to cheat, move, get tattoo's, loose weight, ect.
    It only happens if they don't get their lifetime wish halfway done by adult.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012

You get wishes that you cannot remove until you fulfil them (or the midlife crisis is over).

They're usually normal wishes like to flirt with a sim (usually not your sim's own spouse if you have one), move into a new home, quit their job, and of course, divorce their spouse. Basically their mind is all screwy and in need of changes to spice up their life-- or atleast that's probably what they were going for. I more often than not just ignore these wishes. :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2012

OK I'm going to bed after submitting this (I PROMISE) but basically, it's like a rebellious phase for adults, it happens when they age up from YA to Adult, but it doesn't happen to every Sim. It came with Generations. They get all kinds of wishes...buy an expensive car, get a tattoo, flirt with the maid, divorce their spouse, etc. If you get a certain amount of those wishes done, you get a really positive moodlet for a week after the crisis is over. If you only get one or two done, you get maybe a +10 moodlet for the week. It's not mandatory to complete any of the wishes, I just hate that the cheating ones come about to begin with, especially if your Sims don't have traits to warrant those wishes. Also you get a negative moodlet for a day or two if you deny all the wishes. And the moodlet icon is ugly. Haha.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited February 2012
    My sims = 0 Townies = Too many! (I don't keep count!)
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2012
    My sims get divorced quite a bit.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2012
    Sims I'm not playing seem to divorce then reunite everyday day. Currently couples that I've played keep together though, which is nice. My current one likes to actually interact together like talk, play and flirt on their own. I'd say though my town's got a 45% divorce rate o:
  • Options
    papertonguepapertongue Posts: 130 Member
    edited February 2012
    I've played since late December and have never had a divorce. I prefer keeping my Sims together and prevent the sort of drama that will cause a marriage to dissolve from happening. Maybe I'll get bored enough to do it one day, though. :twisted:
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2012
    I hate to go all "Oprah" and get deep and stuff but I try really hard not to let my sims cheat/divorce because my parents divorced when I was a baby because of my fathers cheating. I've been cheated on and it's so heartbreaking I can't bare to do it to my sims intentionally. I know I really am lame and shouldn't take it seriously but I do ok! I even feel guilty when I accidentally AOE and kill a critter in World of Warcraft, don't judge mehhh! :lol: :oops:

If a sim cheats of free will, I will break up and divorce, but I don't force that kind of drama into my game. I like my world to be happy. I have made a ****** sim who was a shameless flirt but I don't intentionally break up my couples or town couples.
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited February 2012
    It depends on the story I'm telling. Sometimes I plan to divorce them even before they get married! :lol: I'm like sitting there, thinking:

Hmm, yeah, they can marry. Get a couple of kids. Then they begin to fight and then divorce and the children have to sleep over in moms or dads house evere now and then. Maybe dad can get a really mean stepmother and get a baby? That baby can be really rude...! :P

I try to divorce my sims every now and then, cause I feel it gets more realistic if not each generation finds true love. But I never ever divorce the first sims wich I start up the family with in a new game!!

o I would say 10% chance of my sim being divorced. Maybe even 15!
  • Options
    LOLitzmeLOLitzme Posts: 485 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well,erm, probably about 99% of my sim's marriages end in divorce. The reason being that usually I forget to get sims married, and by the time the marriage happens I'm bored of the two sims being together. So most of the time I mix it up a little bit and make a sim cheat or whatever.

I might just be a little bit cruel.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't really have much divorces but I'm always close to having one xD
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited February 2012

/offtopic

That's probably why most of my sims have a quiet 'private' marriage.
    Also why hubby and I are still together after marrying in June '69. :wink:

Due to Twallan's SP lots of townies seem fickle but in my families it is "'till death us do part".