Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Week 9--The Calientes--NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!

Comments

• Options
    fairygirlaislinfairygirlaislin Posts: 731 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hey i'm new to the community but i'm very creative and i love building on the sims!
    can someone tell me do you have to register or do you just start? :roll:

Aislin
  • Options
    TwitchesTwitches Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hey i'm new to the community but i'm very creative and i love building on the sims!
    can someone tell me do you have to register or do you just start? :roll:

Aislin

You just read the challenge
    go start building under it specifications
    when you are done and have included the necessary info in your build description and upload it
    then you come back here
    fill out the entry form found on first page via reply
  • Options
    fairygirlaislinfairygirlaislin Posts: 731 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thanks very much :D
  • Options
    mandakate26mandakate26 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi. This is my first time ever just building on the sims 3. I can't figure out how to just build without creating a family. Is there a way to do that?

I'm excited about finding this, b/c I love building and now have somewhere to do that.
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi mandakate26!

To build without a family, just choose "edit town" from the menu (the same place where you go and save and quit) and it'll take you to a mode where you can just choose the appropriate empty lot and start building. :)
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Started my house today! I got the layout figured out, and it's a one-story, two bedroom, one bath. Decorating the inside has been fun, and I'm just starting on the two bedrooms. Then it's on to the outside...I need to work on my landscaping, haha.

I hope everyone is having a good build!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I might give this a go, seems like fun :D , and congratz to you Anjubee!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited July 2009
    going to start my lot tonight, Can't wait. I love starters :D
  • Options
    YesacYesac Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Official Entry

Name:Yesac-Why Not Design
    Beginner-Midlevel

Lot address: 240 Sunnyside Blvd
    Size: 21x22
    Final cost: $19,985

BnS Two Story Abode - Yesac

Additional links:Pictures

It has two storys and a basement. Main floor is the living-dining room and kitchen. Upstairs is all about the girls, it has their beds, a bathroom, and a small nook personalized to each girls tastes. The basement has the master bedroom and another bathroom. Outside there a carport and a swingset surrounded by flowers.
    I had to shrink the house about five times and changed roof about ten. In the end I think it turned out rather well for being my first starter. It was also a good learning experience.
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Amara Gaimers of Kayllisti Designs

Lot address and final cost: The Sunset Valley Spa lot, cost is $19,974 furnished and $14,087 unfurnished.

Lot title: Spicy Starter, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=788879

Additional links, Photo tour: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=69153

Credit to any simmers: Addict1220 for the Caliente family.

This was my first starter build...and I was pretty nervous about staying under budget. I hope you guys like it.

**edit** I noticed that I said it was BnS week #8 in the upload description, obviously I meant week #9..but I don't feel like re-uploading it for that. **
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Just a quick question, is it right that the lot is only $924 to buy once you bulldoze the lot and change it to residential?

I am just wondering what happens if someone places it on a different lot other than the one we build on, does it still maintain it's final price?
  • Options
    Lizajbee1Lizajbee1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited July 2009
    mj1976
    I love the living room and small kitchen. Very nice job! :)

Lilinetti
    It's nice that there is such a spacious front deck. Also good job on the layout.

ZYIsSims
    Very nice modern home. I like the landscaping and the colors you used!

racncone123
    Great story!! You really showcased your build well. Love that you included a carport.

Yesac
    Great work - I like that you included the basement and that you utilized Addict's trick with the carport. ;) Nice job with the landscaping!

Kayllisti
    Very fun build! Love the colors you used in the living room and kitchen area. Also great job with the basement and backyard landscaping.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi fieryfemale - WOW that is a small budget - you guys really are being tested this week.... I know it will only retain the same value if it's on the same sized lot. The spa lot is one of the smallest, so anyone wanting to play these builds as a true starter home will need to place it at the same address.
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, Fiery. The price is correct. It's the second cheapest lot in Sunset Valley, which is why I often use it for my starters. That gives you maximum money for decorating and landscaping, and of course, building! :D
  • Options
    GuitarzGuitarz Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2009
    Official Entry
    Name:Guitarz
    Level: Beginner

Lot address, size, and final cost: 240 Sunnyside Blvd, 21X22; $19723.

Lot title (the one you gave it) and link to the posted asset: Caliente's Start Home

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=790136#

Additional links (to pictures, etc.):
    (tour)
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=69230

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: Used Addict220's Caliente family for pictures only for the pictures, also used addicts tutorial on budgeting.
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2009
    P.S.--I wanted to use the cheapest (a 16x18), but I figured people would kill me. Don't worry...it will be coming eventually.
  • Options
    BonafiedgzBonafiedgz Posts: 501 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bump
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited July 2009
    OFFICIAL ENTRY:
    Level:Intermediate
    lot address:240 Sunnyside Blvd(old spa)
    Lot Title:Caliente Build-n-Share Week 9
    size:21by22
    Cost:Furnished...$19,993 Unfurnished...$13,078
    family courtesy of Addict1220

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=790174

Additional link to pics:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/600/34284.page#782831

Sorry,i dont know how to do the storylines yet.This is my first starter home.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Guitarz
    I really like the sandy play area and the upstairs space for the girl's bedroom. Nice job!
  • Options
    racncone123racncone123 Posts: 1,138 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lizajbee1 wrote:
    mj1976
    I love the living room and small kitchen. Very nice job! :)

Lilinetti
    It's nice that there is such a spacious front deck. Also good job on the layout.

ZYIsSims
    Very nice modern home. I like the landscaping and the colors you used!

racncone123
    Great story!! You really showcased your build well. Love that you included a carport.

Yesac
    Great work - I like that you included the basement and that you utilized Addict's trick with the carport. ;) Nice job with the landscaping!

Kayllisti
    Very fun build! Love the colors you used in the living room and kitchen area. Also great job with the basement and backyard landscaping.

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Darkside
    Great job on the landscaping! Make sure to edit your post to include a link to your lot's download page. Also there is a special thread just for pictures:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/600/34284.page

Your build looks great! :)
  • Options
    jayemmpeejayemmpee Posts: 85 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Darkside,

Please refrain from posting pictures in this thread, as per Addict's instructions on the first page.

Making a story is very simple! Just upload your photos using the launcher, then click on "Movies & More" in the top menu, then click "Create a Story." From there it's as simple as dragging your pictures and typing captions!
  • Options
    KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2009
    Official Entry

Name: Kharii (Kharii's Concept and Design)
    Experience level: Intermediate
    Lot address: 240 Sunnyside Blvd.
    Size: 21x22
    Cost: $20,000

Lot title (the one you gave it) and link to the posted asset: Caliente Mini Modern Starter

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=790416

Additional links (to pictures, etc.):
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=69281
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Per Addict:
    Hello,
    I'm having that periodic fun time when Sims 3 won't let me log in.
    Favor...

Can someone please tell Sylph he is welcome to join us? :)

And...

If someone would post these, it would be most helpful. It's levels for those unsure. They are guesses, pretty much, because most are from Exchange pics and we know how awesome those are. lol. Anyway, when guessing, I went lower. We can always bump the next week.

ZYI--Beg/Midlevel
    Lilinetti--Beg/Midlevel
    Racncone--Beg/Midlevel
    Amchristian--Beg/Int
    Amanda--Beg
    Marty 38--Beg/Int
    Terentia--Beg/Int
    Darkside--Int
    Zcrollan--Int
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Kharii
    Fantastic job. Love the large windows and the modern style you went with. It looks great!