Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAME WON'T INSTALL LUNAR LAKES

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ltt0142Ltt0142 Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2012
    Here's how I got Lunar Lake to download. I hope it can help someone else. I started the game and instead of picking one of my saved games I clicked on the stores little shopping bag. I clicked on worlds and clicked on Lunar lakes a few times and it seemed nothing happened. So then I clicked on the Download Manager Page (Sorry I can't remember the correct name, but it's where all your downloads are from the store.)Lunar Lakes was there and beside it was an install button. So I clicked on it and it installed but after the installation the page froze. So after ctrl, alt, delete I went to my document and clicked on EA but Lunar Lake was not in the worlds folder. So I went back to the launcher in the download section to see if it was there and it was and then I was able to install it. Hope this helps.
    Letitia
  • Options
    MelymacMelymac Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2012
    I finally just reinstalled everything, and the game updates work and Lunar Lakes installed with no issue,not sure what will happen when i put my saved games back in
  • Options
    maybemocomaybemoco Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I did the same. I uninstalled all of the the games (stuff packs included) and it now works properly. It was pain, but at least I can play with what I have purchased. I do think that it would be worth looking into why this has happened to many or my fellow simmers. Have a great weekend all!
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I already uninstalled the base game + all expansion packs and stuff. I will see if it works after I install them back. It's going to take a while...

What I don't really understand is the reason why we have to do this when it should be a straight forward process. I think I spend as much time fixing problems with the game as the time I spend actually playing it.
  • Options
    goinghomegoinghome Posts: 3
    edited February 2012
    THANKS to the person who suggested "run as administator".
    I was able to finally download the lunar lakes on my pc.

On the icon to launch the launcher, right click and click "run as administator", then ok to the box that appears.
    Left click on your launcher.
    I had the Sims 3 site page open and clicked download lunar lakes.
    I then right clicked the icon like before and clicked "run as administator" like before.
    The game downloaded fine and installed
    Thanks for the tip.
    I was not about to reinstall all of my stuff over the past years just to get this world even though I paid for it.
    The help should have suggested this step before telling those people to uninstalll and reinstall ALL their stuff.
  • Options
    Lisa99Lisa99 Posts: 19
    edited February 2012
    i tried to install lunar lakes but it said i needed to do an update but i belive my game is up to date.
  • Options
    Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2012
    wow...seams like a lot of work and drama for one world, I just brought this today and its not working for me either, I've never had an issue with installing any of the other worlds before and have never had to do anything special before...but suppose Im not the only one having issue.... I suppose I'll try what's been said but seeing as though it's more than one of us I would say its more EA then us but what would I know? Im not tech support. :wink: been trying to get it to work for hours until I decided to jump on here >_< Basic complaint..one world cannot be this difficult to install EA.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    hmmm tried all of the above expect for uninstalling..I so don't want to go there EA.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    right, so it appears in my launcher..but it says 0KB..it appears it hasn't downloaded???? any insight on this?
  • Options
    simplytraysimplytray Posts: 10
    edited February 2012
    i really wish they would sort this error out :evil: i emailed them this morning but no reply :cry: i brought it 3 days ago starting to get annoyed. please help!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    same its heading onto about 3 days for me now too not too impressed at all so frustrating....all i get is a downloading error....which means to me its the sims store and not my computer.

I re-installed Hidden springs the other day and it downloaded and installed fine so why should Lunar Lakes be any different? Its definiatlly not my computer I refuse to believe that at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yeah tried it again just to make sure but nothing, Im going to try and re-install PETS only and see how that goes...Im definitlly not re-installing all my games.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    okay, I re-installed Pets and now its working,seams like I didnt have to go through all the trouble of re-installing every single game ( thank god! ) and I didnt loose my content thats already installed. You need to do an Origin Update to make this world work apparently..sucks I know.
  • Options
    KarrieAnneKarrieAnne Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I did all that AND I uninstalled all my sims 3 games, reinstalled and again tried to download on my PCF and on my sons PC...NOTHING works Im so frustrated. Can ANYONE tell me how to get ll to work? My son wanted for his Birthday and now Ive wasted the cash and he's dissappointed.
  • Options
    ValkyriecwValkyriecw Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Still no fix for LL? Dang. I haven't been able to get it installed either. I've tried all the tips in this thread.
  • Options
    MarieElizabethMarieElizabeth Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I bought Lunar Lakes last week and have talked to tech support three times. Yet I am still getting a downloading error. Anytime I try to download it to my launcher I get an error sign and 0 KB. I have tried doing all of the updates and have even re-installed the Sims 3 Pets. I would like EA to fix this problem because, like others have been saying, since this problem seems to be a common one, it can't be each of our individual computers. I have purchased other items from the store and they have all downloaded successfully to my launcher, so it seems to be only an issue with Lunar Lakes. If EA pays attention to this forum, I would like for them to fix the problem instead of blaming the customer, and if EA can't fix the problem then to refund all those who can't get Lunar Lakes (a relatively expensive purchase) to work.
  • Options
    ivegotthemicivegotthemic Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    OK I got to download LL successfully. Finally I am going to take a look at LL for myself!

Here was how I did it: (From my chat with EA Live)

1. Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
    2. Click the "Processes" tab.
    3. Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
    4. Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
    5. Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
    6. Click on END PROCESS
    7. Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

1. Double click on "My Computer"
    2. Double click on the C: drive
    3. Double click on the "Windows" folder.
    4. Double click on the "Temp" folder.
    5. Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.
    6. Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.

I would suggest that you try running the game using admin access. For this right click on your game’s shortcut available on your desktop and chose the “Run as Administrator” option.

Hope this help you guys too.

Thank you, this worked for me! your my hero :)
  • Options
    atahzurheuhatahzurheuh Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Ltt0142 wrote:
    Here's how I got Lunar Lake to download. I hope it can help someone else. I started the game and instead of picking one of my saved games I clicked on the stores little shopping bag. I clicked on worlds and clicked on Lunar lakes a few times and it seemed nothing happened. So then I clicked on the Download Manager Page (Sorry I can't remember the correct name, but it's where all your downloads are from the store.)Lunar Lakes was there and beside it was an install button. So I clicked on it and it installed but after the installation the page froze. So after ctrl, alt, delete I went to my document and clicked on EA but Lunar Lake was not in the worlds folder. So I went back to the launcher in the download section to see if it was there and it was and then I was able to install it. Hope this helps.
    Letitia

Cheers! I had the same problem with Hidden Springs, and this worked for me :]
  • Options
    simplytraysimplytray Posts: 10
    edited February 2012
    i tried all the suggestions that people have kindly posted but still unable to install,are EA reading these posts disappointed custormer :cry:
  • Options
    DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited February 2012
    Katrina4 wrote:
    right, so it appears in my launcher..but it says 0KB..it appears it hasn't downloaded???? any insight on this?

when i installed mine in launcher it's not showing but in game when i started a new one it was in there

hope this helps
  • Options
    ValiantOneValiantOne Posts: 32 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Forr all those having issues installing "Lunar Lakes"... You need to unblock the file. It appears that the store fails to unblock the file for some of you.

Go to : http://www.thesimstg.com/2010/05/instalando-sims3pack-protegidos-apos.html - you may need to hit the translate button on your google...

1. Follow the english instructions (With my alterations; BELOW) AFTER you download version 2 (NOT version 1.1) of the file.

2. Instead of copying all of your simpacks to the unblock file folder, only copy your "Lunar Lakes" simpack over to the unblock file folder.

3. Activate the "Unblock.cmd" AFTER you copy the "Lunar Lakes" simpack to the folder containing the unblock files.

4. After running "UnBlock.cmd", transfer the "Lunar Lakes" simpack over to the Sims 3 downloads folder in your "Documents" area from the "Unblock" file folder

5. Overwrite the "Lunar Lakes" simpack if it is present.

6. Start Sims 3 loader and click on the "Downloads" button.

7. Check the "Lunar Lakes" box and click install.

8. Lunar Lakes should install and be playable!!!

:)
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited March 2012
    ValiantOne wrote:
    Forr all those having issues installing "Lunar Lakes"... You need to unblock the file. It appears that the store fails to unblock the file for some of you.

Go to : http://www.thesimstg.com/2010/05/instalando-sims3pack-protegidos-apos.html - you may need to hit the translate button on your google...

1. Follow the english instructions (With my alterations; BELOW) AFTER you download version 2 (NOT version 1.1) of the file.

2. Instead of copying all of your simpacks to the unblock file folder, only copy your "Lunar Lakes" simpack over to the unblock file folder.

3. Activate the "Unblock.cmd" AFTER you copy the "Lunar Lakes" simpack to the folder containing the unblock files.

4. After running "UnBlock.cmd", transfer the "Lunar Lakes" simpack over to the Sims 3 downloads folder in your "Documents" area from the "Unblock" file folder

5. Overwrite the "Lunar Lakes" simpack if it is present.

6. Start Sims 3 loader and click on the "Downloads" button.

7. Check the "Lunar Lakes" box and click install.

8. Lunar Lakes should install and be playable!!!

:)

Didn't work for me :(

I finally got my game to install it, by downloading it several times from the store and when that didn't work, I got the decrapifier and used it and now it works.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bluejeanelegancebluejeanelegance Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    It took me awhile to figure it out but I think that I found the solution. I found this thread after I found my solution.

You need to disable 'custom content' in the Game Launcher>Installed Content. After I disabled it (run without custom content) I was able to do an update that I was not able to do before. I was able to install the downloads after the update. I did have the Origin Installer open too but I am not sure if that mattered or not.
  • Options
    OverlordEmpressOverlordEmpress Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I've been having this same issue and I have discovered that while I am logged out (in game), Lunar Lakes shows up on the Main Menu selection list. However, it appears as if I do not have it installed and that I would have to purchase it. The moment I log in, Lunar Lakes disappears altogether from the list.