Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dumb little things I miss from the Sims 2

-ballet
-crafts [sewing and pottery]
-car fixing
-werewolfs
-attraction
-actually entering cars (i don't know why but the poofing into cars really gets me)
-witchcraft
-zits

I am glad they added astrology signs and memories... I just wist the signs would affect their personalities a little.

Comments

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited January 2012

The dumbest thing I miss:

When a Sim would get in the really crappy carpool car, the door would never close properly and they'd have to slam it again. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    ATMzieATMzie Posts: 307
    edited January 2012
    I agree. Every last one :( The car thing annoys me too!
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    i just miss there facial expressions when they spazed out lol

and i miss toddlers actually being able to play with eachother as well as kids playing with the tods

i loved how when a parent got home from work the kid would go out and give them a hug
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited January 2012
    I don't miss anything. All of TS2 is on my computer and I play it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    jinxiepoojinxiepoo Posts: 36
    edited January 2012
    the little videos that would play :(
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 2012
    I also miss how the kids would run to greet their parents.

I miss the kids dancing on their parents feet.

I miss aspirations and working to keep your Sims mood up or they'd cry. Also the aspiration failure would always make me laugh. I loved the crazy doctor one.

I actually miss how easy it was to have your kids taken by the social worker.

I miss being able to scope the room and primp.

I miss the smustle...great parties all the time.

I miss the headmaster.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss all of the things everyone's mentioned! They made me chuckle. :mrgreen: (especially the car door, that was cute!)

Mostly I miss how everyone could sit and eat together and they'd talk and interact while they do it, or when 2 sims passed each other in a room or hallway they would acknowledge each other. I miss how much more aware of each other they were!

Fortunately I too have TS2 installed as well, and when the missing gets to be too much, I can go back and play it. TS3 needs to bring back some of that good ol' TS2 humor.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited January 2012
    oh yess the humor of it all! and the room-scoping! and the ordering at restaurants.. and everything you all said
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss the videos too.
    Special events felt special. Now they feel like no big deal.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TebeauTebeau Posts: 766 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss the life juice stuff...I just can't remember what it was called! It was a lot easier to do that for challenges than ambrosia or life fruit. :)
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss how your sims would look up at you sometimes

I miss scope room (that's how I let my sims choose a mate)

I miss the more over the top wacky facial expressions

I miss the cutscenes :cry:

I miss goose and bust a move

I miss fears!
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    Denimg8Denimg8 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss the social bunny :(
  • Options
    anybolanybol Posts: 401 New Member
    edited January 2012
    BoredinTX wrote:
    -ballet
    We have ballet in Generations, but its lame, there's only 3 moves and only children can do it.
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited January 2012
    FatCat wrote:
    I miss how your sims would look up at you sometimes

I miss scope room (that's how I let my sims choose a mate)

I miss the more over the top wacky facial expressions

I miss the cutscenes :cry:

I miss goose and bust a move

I miss fears!

yeah! the personality!
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited January 2012
    helicopters!! :-o
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss watching the babies move and giving them baths.
    I miss literally serving the family and guest food.
    And I really miss slow dancing :(
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss how they would sit and wait for food to be served if they were hungry and someone else was preparing a meal.

I miss how much character they had. Like...the wacky idle animations.
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited January 2012
    OK, now you have done it! I am going to go re-install the Sims 2. Been a while since i played that and I miss all that stuff too. :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh wow, I miss a lot! I miss the way Sims reacted if you told them to do something they liked, the sim would look up at you and clap their hands together, rubbing them happily and smile while walking with a pep in their step toward the action. Or if they were told to do something they don't like the sim looks up with a sad face pointing to self and looking like "who me?" and walk slowly hunched over like a kid told to do chores. That would crack me up!

I miss when a teen tries to sneak out and gets caught, the parent would scold them for a sim hour, pointing at the kid and talking harshly while the kid looks down at their feet and face have a guilty expression. The relationship took a hit but it was fun to build it up again. Heck of a lot better than the punishment system now. I loved when the kid comes home by police and the parents get scolded. After the police leaves the kid will try to talk with the parent but they were too mad to talk to them.

I loved Brandy and how she would rub her hands together in worry about her family. I forgot Mary-Sue's parents name but the mom would worry like that too.

I miss all the parent to kid interactions, all the infant reactions, burping, bad bottles, throwing up on parents, dirty diapers around the house, twin toddlers fighting over bottles, kids cheating while playing chess, the memories of great interactions can be endless. I really would be heart-warmed by the grown children being excited and running to greet the elderly parents when they visit.

I could list more, but I would probably take up a whole page. I am not knocking Sims 3 really, just wished the game had more of the interactions that made us believe the Sims were connected somehow. That they actually felt the love or hate for those they came in contact with. I need to feel it too.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2012
    I actually miss my Simmies going to the store and buying clothes. I think it would be cool since you could by shoes and stuff separately.

I really miss them getting into cars :(

I miss the certain items you could only get by completing careers.

I miss the social interaction from kids and toddlers.

And I miss proposing in restaurants.

And I most certainly miss the craziness they endured when their moods were low.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2012
    oops...
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited February 2012
    Kiss up arm interaction

Hang out interaction

Shopping (No rabbitholes)

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited February 2012
    -getting electrocuted by lightning while flying a kite in a thunderstorm or hanging out in the hot tub
    -watching your hyper agressive puppy chase the little newspaper girl off the lot
    -learning to breakdance
    -repairing/restoring cars on the weekend
    -seeing Santa at Christmas
    -going bowling with friends on TGIF
    -having your perfect date ruined by getting beat up by Ms Crumplebottom :lol:
    -visiting the amusement park and going on the roller coaster & bumper cars
    -selling your restored cars at your own auto dealership or to make money on the side. This was my favorite part-time Uni job.
    -getting in and out of cars & running away from the gararge door as it closed
    -other car stuff like sitting in it and listening to music, turning on the lights, woohooing etc. This was always the cheapest & best vacation spot my family aspiration sims could escape their 6 kids on the home lot and get romantic in :lol:
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited February 2012
    How the sims were aware of what was going on around them. I miss their personality's and how diffrent they were when you compared sims. They didn't act the same.
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2012
    The things I miss most about the sims 2 is makeing stories. I never cared much for the uploading part and it's still incredibly clumsy. you have to write the text like 3 times, and if you delete pictrues later they are gone from your stories too. And the automatic picturetakeing that is supposedt to be from great times in your life is just lame. Like going to the library or the grocery store is a big time in my sims life, but learning how to walk is not?

PLEASE bring back the photoalmbus from sims 2.

I also miss the weather from seasons and the open for buisness expansion.

I miss all the things the toddlers could do, and the the oppertunity to wash babies in the sink and toddlers in the bath tub and that diapers and bottles didn't just magically appear and disaper. I miss the bababies looking like babies and not just a head in a pink or blue carpet.

I miss the kids beeing able to help in the garden and where is the logic in that they can't learn to play an instrument or how to ride a horse?

I also miss how the sims that wasn't knowledge sims would wake up from nightmares if they got kidnapped by the aliens. And yes I also miss the fears. The sims back then had much more personality than they have now.