Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    damnedcitizendamnedcitizen Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    count me in, I want lower prices, because current ones are like an unfunny joke :/
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SIGNED!
  • Options
    vera_blakevera_blake Posts: 3,016 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed...
  • Options
    KTS2K86KTS2K86 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    We paid for the game when we could have downloaded it illegally... so we were quite loyal to EA. They should thank their fans and lower the prices and include more free stuff in the store.

It's appalling that most of the items could have been included in the game but they expect us to pay AGAIN for items.
  • Options
    iFreakdomiFreakdom Posts: 1,208 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am sorry to say, but petitions don't help. If you want them to lower the store prices, just don't buy anything from the store at all.
    I'm not sure, even with the number of signings, that EA will actually consider this.
    EA need an income too, right?

-iFreak
  • Options
    PrincehitoPrincehito Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed.

I'm a first time Sims player and even I think these prices are ridiculous.
  • Options
    donjddonjd Posts: 32 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think that all of this rambling can be solved by one thing... STARTING A RIOT!!!, but seriously I think The sims 3 prices are much bettter then what everyone had to pay for in The Sims 2. And besides all that Lets all start a riot!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    donjddonjd Posts: 32 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm sighning up becuase who needs to pay 100 simoleans just to put a bun in their sims hair.
  • Options
    ZipItZipIt Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed!
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited July 2009
    of corse, ill sign! i see some pretty cool stuff in the store, BUT I CANT GET 'EM CUZ I GOTS NO SIMPOINTS! :twisted:

\Signed

Plz download him, recomend him too plz :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=756373
  • Options
    MysticalMummaMysticalMumma Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, lower prices. EA may actually make more money this way as more people may end up using The Store.

Which would you prefer?

20 downloads at $1.00 ($2.00)
    200 downloads at 50c ($100.00)or
    2000 downloads at 25c ($500.00)?

As a business I know which one I would prefer.
  • Options
    oxfrenchiexooxfrenchiexo Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Seriously thought, what were you guys expecting?
    We are talking about the sims here They have ALWAYS been riping us off, why should they stop now - they are making a nice cash cow.

:\
    /Sign Me, Rapheal
  • Options
    SPARTAN_GUNNERSPARTAN_GUNNER Posts: 72 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /sign things cost way to much. 75 points for a coat!!! it should be at most 15
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I highly doubt that they'll listen, but /sign anyway.
  • Options
    FreyaaaaaFreyaaaaa Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they will run "sales" from time to time on items. The 4th of July is coming up at that would be a good time for a 1/2 price sale....HINT HINT

Good stuff *****... That's kinda unfair on the people who bought the items at full price. :?

/Sign
  • Options
    LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I find the prices at the EA Store outrageously expensive! If a person wanted all of the (few) sets available they would end up paying more than what was spent to buy the game!! I find the original content lack-luster to plain ugly and am waiting for all the cc to come out from all those great creators out there in the world.

I don't think the EA store is going anywhere unless everybody stands firm and STOPS BUYING from from them!! I refuse to spend another dime here...

I totally agree with everyone on this thread. The objects EA are selling are way too expensive and the game came out with very few objects its such an obvious con. I complained on another Sims website and every basically was saying that EA can charge what they like which is silly. This will change the whole community and we will all be paying for CC if this carrys on. I am astounded that EA have had the nerve to do this and I feel they will hurt their loyal fan base..maybe now Will Wright has left they felt they could take advantage.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2009
    LINCE918 wrote:
    I find the prices at the EA Store outrageously expensive! If a person wanted all of the (few) sets available they would end up paying more than what was spent to buy the game!! I find the original content lack-luster to plain ugly and am waiting for all the cc to come out from all those great creators out there in the world.

I don't think the EA store is going anywhere unless everybody stands firm and STOPS BUYING from from them!! I refuse to spend another dime here...

I totally agree with everyone on this thread. The objects EA are selling are way too expensive and the game came out with very few objects its such an obvious con. I complained on another Sims website and every basically was saying that EA can charge what they like which is silly. This will change the whole community and we will all be paying for CC if this carrys on. I am astounded that EA have had the nerve to do this and I feel they will hurt their loyal fan base..maybe now Will Wright has left they felt they could take advantage.

How is it a con? They didn't trick you into buying it or buying the store items. Also, how is it silly that EA can charge whatever they want? It's their game, it's their business, they can pretty much do what they want as long as it's legal. And it is legal for them to charge what they want for the items in the store. You'll only be paying for CC if you want to. I've managed perfectly fine without CC so far, and you can too. Everyone acts as though they depend on these store items for the game to be fun. If that is the case people need to take a step back and look at what's going on.
  • Options
    yazziiexyazziiex Posts: 149 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hells yeah, I'm signing this! Even though i can't really get any simpoints :P

/sign
  • Options
    NannieNannie Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hello !

I definitely sign this petition, and I've signed it on the french forum as well. I'm not against paying for objects from the Store, but the very day I spent 55€ for the game (that is the 4th of june), there was already more than the game's value on line in the Store (that is the 3 objects sets, and I didn't sum up all of the clothing, hair, etc...).

I don't know what a fair price would be, but definitely nothing of the sort. So I will most certainly buy expansions, but nothing from the Store unless it reaches more reasonable prices.

I'm not sure this petition will help matters but well... it has the simple merit to let people express their anger on the subject.
    My greatest hope lies in the fact that many players are kids, and they simply cannot pay with credit card or such even if they want to and have the money, so they can't buy from the Store. (At least in Europe. Maybe is it easier for them in the US, I don't know...)

So EA will have to count us adults as main customers for this part, and I'm pretty sure that this might have an impact on the number of buyers.
  • Options
    Orangecrazy64Orangecrazy64 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    zomg
    signed
    ill just find other ways of downloading them anyway
    so basically by having stupid prices for things we should of had anyway- they are encouraging piracy
    nice one EA!
  • Options
    VirdogVirdog Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /sign

Screw buying for items that should have been in the game! And double screw them for screwing up their patches that are supposed to fix their initial screw ups!

EA you are laughably pathetic in the games industry now.
    You fraked up this game and good.
  • Options
    UKSpring90UKSpring90 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    LOL!
    20.00 is a ridiculous amount to spend i think EA should lower it to 5.00. I for one am not spending 20.00!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MajacaMajaca Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the store is a brilliant thing but what I dont like are the prices how can they justify the costs?

I think they should lower the prices...
  • Options
    MayanaMayana Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

Not sure if I signed this or not and there's too many pages to wade through. :lol:

I like the idea of the store, but the prices are ridiculous.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /Sign

'Nuff said. :wink: