Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate making out

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
Making out is pretty sad in S3. In S2 the sims really got into the makeout sesh - legs twined and twisted, grabbing and groping. It was a proper get down! In S3, its like two prudes making out! what is that! they barely touch, they barely show affection.

I dont mean to sound like that creepy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who gets their kicks on a friday night from a video game, but the new interaction seems sooo timid!
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    FredthelogFredthelog Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Very true. In TS2, make out was more "sexy" as I would put it.
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The thread title is funnier without the actual post 8)
  • Options
    ShellbyFayShellbyFay Posts: 288 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haha.
    I have to agree with you, it is a bore.
  • Options
    OhEmGeeYayEggsOhEmGeeYayEggs Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lulz

If that's going to happen then they're going to get nekkid in central park,
  • Options
    sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lulz

If that's going to happen then they're going to get nekkid in central park,
    Now that would be funny, if they were insane :lol:
  • Options
    venusinfurs94venusinfurs94 Posts: 212 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    The thread title is funnier without the actual post 8)

Truetrue. :wink:

Yeah, it's a bit meh.
  • Options
    snaggesnagge Posts: 158 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh, how i'd love a sexier sims. I mean playing Sims is very similar to playing with barbie dolls and when I was a kid and played with barbie dolls I made them have sex all the time. It sounds really weird and perverse but I think loads of small girls play with their barbie dolls like that (at least in Sweden where I'm from and everyone is so sexually liberated :lol: :?: )

I don't even know why these days or from where I'd learnt that people even could have sex, I just remember playing "sexy games" with my barbie dolls. :oops:

To the point: there should be an adult-version of the sims. Not a ****-version definitely. But some of the features are just too "child-friendly". (i'm having a hard time express myself in english atm). I just don't like when the game is so friggin correct all the time. Especially since kids themselves play sexy games.
  • Options
    victoria314victoria314 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yah its very odd when they make out at first i thoguh they just looked like they were eating eachother it just looked so weird
  • Options
    SimoleanRackerSimoleanRacker Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh yeah. I personally love when I tell my sim to make out with another sim, and they kiss twice and then step back and sigh, grab their chests and act like it was an epic makeout session. NO! No it wasn't! Get back in there and grope some butt! LOL. Anyways. It's just a little ridiculous. :roll:
  • Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I miss the couch make out sessions... where they would throw the other down on the couch and dive into the woo! It was silly and over the top... but all in good fun! Sort of like the dog barking and hootin' and hollerin' that goes on in woohoo.

I really liked how the game took something that could be awkward and uncomfortable for some players to witness and made it funny.

• Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    making out on the bed is better than making out while standing.
    you're right, the making out in the sims 2 was a little hotter.
  • Options
    katelynsarvaskatelynsarvas Posts: 542 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think they need to work on all the kissing graphics. I don't actually care to watch my Sims make out but I'm working on a legacy and it's really hard to show how much two Sims love eachother when even the way they kiss is weird looking.

I agree, it looks like they're eating eachother. Sometimes their lips aren't even lined up.
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    debra1970p wrote:

I wasn't aware the name of the game was arousal :roll:
  • Options
    shypunkgrrlshypunkgrrl Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree it was better in Sims 2. I thought I was the only one who hated that.
  • Options
    MrMan212MrMan212 Posts: 882 New Member
    edited July 2009
    And in the sims 2 they had way more kisses.
    Tender, peck, romantic, make out, now all they have is kiss which was the romantic kiss in the Sims 2 and Make out which is just a longer version.
  • Options
    SuperradSuperrad Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Timid is essentially the 'peck' though. I think it's cute enough but when I try to slow it for a screenshot the way the kisser bends looks pretty awkward.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    debra1970p wrote:

I wasn't aware the name of the game was arousal :roll:

For me it isn't. I was just comparing the interactions in the two games and I still think that the Sims 3 is way better than the Sims 2.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    MrMan212 wrote:
    And in the sims 2 they had way more kisses.
    Tender, peck, romantic, make out, now all they have is kiss which was the romantic kiss in the Sims 2 and Make out which is just a longer version.

there's also the "shy kiss"
  • Options
    LauraaaaaaaLauraaaaaaa Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    although i like the idea of more animated interactions, the sims 2 makeout CREEPED me out.
    just saying...
  • Options
    Scarlet_Firefly_Scarlet_Firefly_ Posts: 41
    edited January 2012
    Lauraaaaa I partly agree with u in that more interactions would definitely be good but the sims 3 Is baby-ing the game up for little kids I mean I understand all of this and any kid who's parents buy them them the game are obviously fine with the content seriously Im only 12 going on 13 this year and I remember sitting down as a 5 year old girl with Barbie and Ken and all the Bratz dolls strippen' 'em off and gettin them down! lol and just yesturday my cousin was the like a Barbie pimp when she came round lol so I think Sims 3 needs to just maybe give a little more back to gamers (Most the people on this thread MUST be single lol) so basically EA needs to learn SINGLE PLAYERS WANT ROMANCE,MORE PASSION AND BETTER SNOGGING!!!
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    yeah i totally see what your saying i think all the romantic interactions are a dud this time around
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited January 2012
    So uh.

This..this topic is essentially asking for EA to make The Sims...act "sexier"?

I have a bunch of problems with this in and of itself, because I mean.
    That's...that's weird, imo. It's just weird.

BUT.
    If you really, REALLY need a game that's "the sims but sexier" (*shudder*), go play Singles: Flirt Up Your Life or the sequel. This is a T rated game, guys. Yes, they got away with the way they used to make out before because it wasn't a serious game. Rather, it was a game that took everything and made it as extravagantly exaggerated as possible. This game does not do that.
    So making the Sims "sexier" would not be taken lightheartedly.

Geez, if you want sexy making out so badly, go out and DO it. :lol:
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    mizuru007 wrote:
    So uh.

This..this topic is essentially asking for EA to make The Sims...act "sexier"?

I have a bunch of problems with this in and of itself, because I mean.
    That's...that's weird, imo. It's just weird.

BUT.
    If you really, REALLY need a game that's "the sims but sexier" (*shudder*), go play Singles: Flirt Up Your Life or the sequel. This is a T rated game, guys. Yes, they got away with the way they used to make out before because it wasn't a serious game. Rather, it was a game that took everything and made it as extravagantly exaggerated as possible. This game does not do that.
    So making the Sims "sexier" would not be taken lightheartedly.

Geez, if you want sexy making out so badly, go out and DO it. :lol:

your missing the point completly simsdodnt even act they love EA other they just stand there if you played the sims 2 you would get exactly what she was saying without acting so immature about it.
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss "goose"... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2012
    I miss the couch make out sessions... where they would throw the other down on the couch and dive into the woo! It was silly and over the top... but all in good fun! Sort of like the dog barking and hootin' and hollerin' that goes on in woohoo.

I really liked how the game took something that could be awkward and uncomfortable for some players to witness and made it funny.

Ditto -- I tend to do more of the make out interaction on the bed, because then they do get into it a bit more.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)