The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems since most recent patch

Game was playing find until I installed this patch.

Now when I am playing in live mode I get the big green arrows on the walls as though in build mode, I get options to 'open' the bed sometimes and find it almost impossible to put papers into the bin in the 'hand of god' mode.

Anybody else?

Comments

• Options
    elhefeelhefe Posts: 1,588 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you have any Mods installed?
  • Options
    CeitidhCeitidh Posts: 58 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Absolutely nothing installed at all other than some items from the store that I downloaded with the free points.
  • Options
    chuckbuzzchuckbuzz Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My game isn't crashing sinse I downloaded the latest patch,. However The game play freezez and My sims will not move to interact with others directly. The stand there and complain about not having a clear path. Also the game freezes constantly. It will resume after a few seconds, but it is really annoying. I have run the game with and without mods and custom content. It still does this.

How do I uninstall the latest patch?
  • Options
    Kath235Kath235 Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have also experienced some strange green arrows running horizontally through my houses walls since installing the newest patch. No mods or content from anywhere but store or exchange. I use edge scrolling and it seems to happen when I am moving the pointer.
  • Options
    TXDELIGHTTXDELIGHT Posts: 72 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My sims keep complaining about stuff in the way..they wont go anywhere unles i click go here, they wont go to bed or anythign unless i "walk" them there.
  • Options
    Deathruler1128Deathruler1128 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't seen any problems since patch my game works just perfect if you have had mods before maybe that could be problem Im not sure why you guys are.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have had so many problems since installing the last patch that I just reinstalled the game.. not sure if I want to start over again.. :(
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    Reset the mis- routed sims - that cured all six of mine that got tangled up in the teleportation fix. I think that is just a temporary after effect of the patch.

The audio was a bit jumpy at first when changing game speeds but, after 30 mins or so of play, that calmed down for me.

As promised, cant try for baby with Grimmy anymore and ghost kids go to school.

I haven't played long enough since the patch to test all of the fixes yet, but it seems okay, aside from having to reset lost sims who are in plain site and a temporary audio adjustment pahse.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    SimFanaticcSimFanaticc Posts: 777 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't think the people from EA even test this garbage.
    This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    jamaicats1jamaicats1 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2009
    We need another patch to stop the crashing. I still cannot play my game that used to work perfectly. I don't know what mods are so I don't know if I have downloaded any.
  • Options
    VampyressVampyress Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2009
    I would hate to restart my game honestly I had no game issues till this last patch and I worked so hard on this game but I can't play it unless my sims stops saying their path is blocked when it is not blocked..I think that the patches should be tested before putting them out but it doesn't help when millians sit around moaning and demanding a patch either like everyone has..
  • Options
    sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2009
    yeah since I installed the latest patch my sound quality has dropped dramatically. its not an issue with the main menu of the game but once i start playing the game it sounds like my sims are a story below, this is even the case with guitars and so on. When I leave the house its back to normal. I have the latest drivers for my mobo, graphics card and so on. I don't know any solutions to it and I've tried wrestling around with my sound quality settings. this is the same with my other families. I had a lot of high hopes for the patch but yeah since its come out, things have gotten worse for me, and still no neighborhood creator :/. I'm hoping EA will address the sound issue soon and the various other bugs people have at the moment.

*Oh and now I'm also getting the arrows on the wall too :/
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • Options
    SimFanaticcSimFanaticc Posts: 777 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well I guess were going to have to wait another 2 months or so until EA finally decide to do something about this :|
  • Options
    sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, agreed SimFanaticc*, another two or so months :/.
    sorry for typo!
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • Options
    PinkMeyer015PinkMeyer015 Posts: 223 New Member
    edited July 2009
    TXDELIGHT wrote:
    My sims keep complaining about stuff in the way..they wont go anywhere unles i click go here, they wont go to bed or anythign unless i "walk" them there.

This is the exact problem I am having. Did you have any mods?
  • Options
    ElleAsdfjklElleAsdfjkl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    TXDELIGHT wrote:

Well at least I know it's not just me. I started a new family today (I finally got around to installing Riverview lol) and my person just keeps waving at me and complaining about the path being blocked- even the repairman couldnt get into my house so i had to moveobjects him O.o

My game was fine before the new update.. and I just got all my CC installed all nice on my computer so that it doesnt take up all the space!! :x What's with all these problems?!! I thought the updates were supposed to help! lmao
  • Options
    jjennsimjjennsim Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    TXDELIGHT wrote:

Same my sims won't sleep in their beds, so they walk around exhausted. When I click on the bed to make them go to sleep they just complain that stuff is in the way like you said. I managed to get them to make the bed in one house but still they won't go to sleep or relax or nap on the bed.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no i dont have any mods, they just confuse me...lol
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited July 2009
    chuckbuzz wrote:
    My game isn't crashing sinse I downloaded the latest patch,. However The game play freezez and My sims will not move to interact with others directly. The stand there and complain about not having a clear path. Also the game freezes constantly. It will resume after a few seconds, but it is really annoying. I have run the game with and without mods and custom content. It still does this.

Your game maybe reacting to your security programs which may be 'questioning'/checking out some of the game actions like another Sim coming into the vicinity. TS2 used to do that to me all the time until I was told to disable most of the computer programs while playing the game and it worked. I left the security on and Windows task Manger, Windows Explorer, and Desktop Manager and the game ran better. Yesterday( playing TS3) I didn't bother stopping the programs and my game went into a spiralspin mode ( that little circle just kept spinning for way too long after I gave the command to move a Sim into her husbands house. Lost couple of hours of game play and an addition and some creating. I was really bummed. I don't think it was because of the new update to the game that was installed before I played. I hope not. I don't like being ticked. [/quote]
  • Options
    elhefeelhefe Posts: 1,588 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zggs3 wrote:
    Can we just fire EA and get someone who knows what they're doing. >.<

Its called not buying the game.
  • Options
    sweetsarahsweetsarah Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't play ...clicks the play button..then gets a black screen with a hourglass Thats as far as i get ......... :(
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow! I went back and read the other posts and I also have the blocked path problem and the green arrows when I don't want them. I have no hacks nor mods or anything other than what I got from the EA store or exchange. Maybe it was that new update. :evil:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Now My game wont even load..it loads almost then it just shuts down..i will probably reformat my computer next few days..try reinstalling everything.
  • Options
    katelynsarvaskatelynsarvas Posts: 542 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm getting the green arrows problem too. If you go into like paint mode or some build mode that doesn't use the green arrows before going back into normal play, they seem to stay away. But yeah, it'd be nice if this was fixed asap since it wasn't broken before.

My legacy family pictures may all of a sudden have green arrows growing from their walls >.<
  • Options
    TorbinTorbin Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm getting the pathing issues as well. My sims refuse to do almost everything without me moving them right next to the object before having them interact with them.

It's a SERIOUS issue because, should something break, like the shower or TV... the repair man won't fix it. Instead they sit in the door way complaining about how that can't reach a perfectly reachable object, forcing me in to just selling the object and buying a brand new replacement. This may end up costing quite a lot for starting sims, since they frequently have problems with breaking objects.

I want to know how completely obvious issues like these slipped through unnoticed.