Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My toddler disappeared!!

My sim family has a child and twin toddlers and one of the toddlers completely disappeared. At times, the mothers wants include that child but the toddler does not appear on the left hand side or in gameplay. Please help me figure out what happened!

Comments

• Options
    ViauViau Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you hire a babysitter or have a party? The babysitter will sometimes steal your child, as do some party guests.
  • Options
    LoraJnPLoraJnP Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2009
    Viau wrote:
    Did you hire a babysitter or have a party? The babysitter will sometimes steal your child, as do some party guests.

OMG that's HORRIBLE :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    AyaBabeAyaBabe Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh wow.....do they then grow up in another household??
  • Options
    RafielleRafielle Posts: 117 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I heard of someone who moved their family out of the house, and a toddler that dissapeared from there house was in the options of people to move out. So, they selected the toddler, moved the family out, and moved them back in. The missing toddler was there only it grew into a child. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    AyaBabeAyaBabe Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2009
    That sounds terrible...
  • Options
    ChannelFadgeChannelFadge Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This just happened to me! The babysitter ran off with my baby :( Your not alone. I was gutted, 1 day away from turning toddler on epic lifespan.

Rafielle wrote:
    I heard of someone who moved their family out of the house, and a toddler that dissapeared from there house was in the options of people to move out. So, they selected the toddler, moved the family out, and moved them back in. The missing toddler was there only it grew into a child. Hope this helps.

I hope this works, ill try it tomorrow
  • Options
    zacharyburnszacharyburns Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes!! She left at the same time as the babysitter! :(
  • Options
    zacharyburnszacharyburns Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, I will try moving the family out and back in.
  • Options
    ChannelFadgeChannelFadge Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    UPDATE: Got my baby back!
    Its worked for me, try it zacharyburns. Just go to edit town, evict the household then move them back in again.
    Thanks Rafielle!
  • Options
    genuiosgenuios Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    In the game I'm playing I made my girl travel to Egypt and when she came back the toddler was completely gone. I didn't know what to do so I moved out to see if it would go to the new house and it didn't, so I went back to the old house to examine it and say a toy that was in her inventory on the ground. I was extemely disturbed.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2011
    COMPLETELY off-topic, and I apologize profusely...

OP - My roommate's name is Zach Burns. How completely coincidental and strange... :shock: :lol:

*leaving now*

• Options
    frumpypigskinfrumpypigskin Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2012
    I had the same problem :cry: I went to play another household and all of the members could not remember my other familys toddler I went back to that family and the toddler ( Eric Summers) he was COMPLETELY missing his picture wasnt in the side bar :?: and his mum and dad had no memories about him getting taken away or he died ? but his dad threw the ghost potion which made him a ghost so i got a baby ghost so I think thats is half of the problem
    so please help :?
  • Options
    buttercupXbutchbuttercupXbutch Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    My toddler disappered. Its in the family tree but not in the side bar or in the relationship bar its like noone even met her. I went to go play with another one of my households in the same nieghboorhood for few sim days and then i went back and i guess the prgenant sim i had in that family had its baby BUT the other baby its older sister disappeared, can someone help me out on this? Ive tried re setting the sim but it didnt work shes still no where to be found exect the family tree. :!: :x :cry: she was such a cute toddler too her name was Joyce v.v
  • Options
    Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2014
    Viau wrote:

Didn't even know that was possible!! :shock:
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited July 2014
    They're just preparing you for Sims 4 :lol::wink:

Nah, honestly I hope you get the little one back
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    My sim family has a child and twin toddlers and one of the toddlers completely disappeared. At times, the mothers wants include that child but the toddler does not appear on the left hand side or in gameplay. Please help me figure out what happened!

Try "resetsim (firstname lastname) cheat first, and see if that works. If not, get Overwatch, which retrieves lost/abandoned toddlers. Assuming the sidebar is gone for that toddler?