Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary friends?

Comments

• Options
    penguinlverpenguinlver Posts: 465
    edited June 2011
    I found a thread that tells you how to get an imaginary friend! :mrgreen: Here it is:http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/383206.page
  • Options
    kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've had 3 children and none of them have received and imaginary friend.
  • Options
    SimKid101SimKid101 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Imaginary Friends come randomly in the mail when a child is born. You are not guaranteed one, but you will get some kind of notification saying someone sent your child a "special package." They come in different colors and designs, again randomly. You can change the name and I believe you can choose the gender when you change the name but that I am not sure.

Also! If you want your IF to age up with your child, you have to play with it a lot and build a strong friendship with it, then if you believe the bond is strong enough, place the doll on the ground after your kid ages up and wait and see if the doll ages up eventually as well.
  • Options
    GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2011
    What is imaginary friend hidden trait?.? What will it do to my babies?

My sims first daughter had an imaginary friend in the mail it was in her inventory it did not grow up or come to life at first but she played with it and it finally become "alive" after a few days. He grew up automatically to teenagehood and alwways annoyed her lol The mom discovered the potion to make it real and hewas trouble even started dated the daughter who had a boyfriend , so she I sent him to good school (he stayed home at first big bug so mad but I turned it to a doll and it un-bugged and got in a limo to the school. He came back after my sims daughter had a diploma with his. Now they just had twin girls (I just wanted one baby *** the grandma lives with them it is crowded) and one was born with the vampire trait >< So I used Nrass to change her to a regular human (even if she has evil trait) and I saw Imagginary friend hidden trait.

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2011
    Heyyy :lol:
    My sim is a child and is best friends forever with her Imaginary Friend but whenever she plays with it in toy form
    (shes played with it non stop 3 days in a row) and nothing happens. The IF has became real and played with her twice before but now all of a sudden its not becoming real!?!?

Any ideas?????

SOMEONEEEEE HELPPP MEEEE PLEASEEEEE :(

Are you keeping it in her inventory? If so take it out and set it on the floor.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2011
    About the interactions between imaginary friends:

I have one child and one toddler, both born in the game and both with imaginary friends. The child's IF grew into a child with her. It's weird, because the child can hold, sing to, and play with the toddler's imaginary friend, but the toddler can't even see my child's imaginary friend.

• Options
    DebbidooDebbidoo Posts: 1,555 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have had two households wih two IF's. They only inteact with their child until they are made into real Sims, then they have the same wants and needs as any other Sims.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited July 2011
    My First IF traits are
    Loser, Heavy Sleeper and the third one is not known yet the child traits are Loner, and Virtuoso so yeah and that IF is so clingy to the child I'm guessing the rest of the IF traits are Mean spirit or hopeless romantic because the IF is showing both Traits I've noticed it don't like it win the Child Ignores it
  • Options
    poppicowpoppicow Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I've got six imaginary friends in one family and some are different colour. They are really annoying though.
  • Options
    JMJRLJMJRL Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2011
    I like the idea of IFs', but their appearance is a bit creepy after a while. Not all children get IFs, although I find especially twins often do. To make the IF grow into a child, once your child has had it's birthday, take the IF out of the inventory and set them on the floor. They'll age up soon enough. You have to have gotten two notifications about the sim and IFs relationship though.
  • Options
    paola15paola15 Posts: 7
    edited July 2011
    my kid turned into a teen and his imaginary friend too, but is there any other way to turn them real instead of making a potion?
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm the complete opposite - every child in every family that I've played has had one :S
  • Options
    halfmoon123halfmoon123 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ok,lol :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?:
    when the baby is born 2 days after the birth look in the mail box.
    to make it easier [code] do the spped up to 3 and wait for 2 days or 3.
    hope this helped :?
  • Options
    jellochowjellochow Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so my sim grew into a child and the imaginary friend didnt. Can it still grow up if the child plays with it alot?
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2011
    has anyone tried giving a toddler 2 imaginary friends at once? Say you have a child whos IF doesnt age with them so you give it to the next child who got one as well so there is two in their inventory and they play with both. If they both grow up with that child, I wonder if then they can interact with eachother as the child will be able to see both of them.
  • Options
    blue44rocksblue44rocks Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    happyjme wrote:
    has anyone tried giving a toddler 2 imaginary friends at once? Say you have a child whos IF doesnt age with them so you give it to the next child who got one as well so there is two in their inventory and they play with both. If they both grow up with that child, I wonder if then they can interact with eachother as the child will be able to see both of them.

a sim can have more than one imaginary friend.i had a toddler ith an imaginary friend i then went to buy mode (testingcheats on)and cloned it.i then changed the name so she had to imaginary friends.and when she aged up they both turned "imaginary". :D they if can't interact with each other if they aren't turned real though.
  • Options
    xxxyumexxxxxxyumexxx Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Yeaaaah soooo My son received an imaginary friend when he was born. He's a toddler now and now I can't find it... What do I do?
  • Options
    SuzalilliSuzalilli Posts: 88 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Popular answer seems to be move your sims off of the lot and then back in again. Personally I like the challenge of trying to find it. Pause the game at night when your child is sleeping and see if you can find it somewhere on the lot.
  • Options
    frumpypigskinfrumpypigskin Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2012
    I think this is a glitch I have 5 kids but only 4 got a IF :?:
    But they are quit annoying when they get older they will follow you around and when your kids try and do the home work they disturb them :x Which leads them to get low grades! :-(
  • Options
    frumpypigskinfrumpypigskin Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2012
    xxxyumexxx wrote:
    Yeaaaah soooo My son received an imaginary friend when he was born. He's a toddler now and now I can't find it... What do I do?
    Have you tried looking in his inventory? hope this helps :lol:
  • Options
    rebecca921rebecca921 Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    You dont get a doll if you made your toddler/s in sims creator. You have to Try For A Baby then when the child is born you will recieve one xx
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited February 2012
    okay, my Sim had an IF doll which I made real. It is very annoying as my household is full. is there any way to change the IF into a doll again, or back to Imaginary? Thanks for your help.

PS. My sim was made in CAS
  • Options
    n6k3a7n6k3a7 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited February 2012
    My sims give birth in game only. The sim (Jennalynn) gave birth to twin girls names Ashley and Ellie. They each got imaginary friends and played with them as toddlers. When they aged up, the toy did too. Jennalynn and Damian has another baby named Kaylee. She has not recieved a toy yet. Is this normal? :(:)
  • Options
    Key5PurpleKey5Purple Posts: 195
    edited February 2012
    n6k3a7 wrote:
    My sims give birth in game only. The sim (Jennalynn) gave birth to twin girls names Ashley and Ellie. They each got imaginary friends and played with them as toddlers. When they aged up, the toy did too. Jennalynn and Damian has another baby named Kaylee. She has not recieved a toy yet. Is this normal? :(:)
    It's random whether or not you get one. If you have an adult or teen who still has a doll that didn't come alive, I'm pretty sure you can move that doll into the baby's inventory and have that kid bond with the doll. not sure on that though. :wink:
  • Options
    SarahTheSecretSarahTheSecret Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm having a problem getting my IF to age up from the unresponsive doll. My toddler has played with it constantly from the time he aged up. I made needs static and just had him play with it the whole time, except for when I taught him the three toddler skills. He is a child now, and its still just a doll.

I have had an IF before, so I know I've done it before. but this glitch o something is making me not want to play.