Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shorty Award

Ea....What nerve you have. Forcing Social media down our throats and expect us to vote for you?

I'd rather vote for Blizzard Entertainment. Where atleast they listen.

Comments

• Options
    Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited January 2012
    Wow... It's not like they're buying up ad-space just to try to get you to vote, or trying to bribe you with an in-game reward... it's perfectly sensible for them to request for you to vote for them while you peruse their websites or Facebook page.
  • Options
    TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited January 2012
    :D I know of a suitable place for them to put that Award.
  • Options
    CaliforniaCalifornia Posts: 113 New Member
    edited January 2012
    They are far from deserving any awards right now.
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited January 2012
    Ha EA doesnt deserve a award they dont even deserve to be anominated for an award.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2012
    :roll: I WISH I FRIGGIN WOULD!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Good one, EA! :thumbup:

Like I'm supposed to nominate y'all for best social media, when your own dang customer service is as useful as gum stuck in my hair! :x I KNOW y'all ain't askin for FAVORS! :lol::lol: You got $70 of my money total for the base game and Ambitions, not to mention not one but TWO $10 simpoint bundles out of me...let that satisft you! *whistles cheerfully*
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2012
    actually gum stuck in your hair is more useful .
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    hahaahahahah your kidding ?
    EA your kidding right
    is that why you added socials to ST to get a wimpy reward ?
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2012
    no its shorty award .
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Actually, I was thinking of voting for Zynga. Their Facebook games are much better.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited January 2012
    Gdurma wrote:
    Ea....What nerve you have. Forcing Social media down our throats and expect us to vote for you?

I guess they are telling us what they think of all of our feedback - not much.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    no its shorty award .
    oh excuse me
    shorty award wimpy award same diff :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2012
    Actually I don't think it has anything to do with the social features in ST. I believe the Shorties are for "short form content" such as Twitter. TS3 wants to win for their Twitter page. Not this site, not their games or anything they've added into them or going to add in.

Just based solely on their Twitter page though, they could deserve a vote, they're pretty active on there, quick with information updates and if you @TheSims3 you usually get a pretty prompt response. Much faster than you would get here, if they even responded at all over here.

Here's the wikipedia page on the Shorty Awards if you'd like to inform yourself as to what they're actually about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorty_Awards
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2012
    Tiumi wrote:
    :D I know of a suitable place for them to put that Award.

Only if it has a lot of very sharp spikes on.
    raw
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Camkat wrote:
    TS3 wants to win for their Twitter page. Not this site, not their games or anything they've added into them or going to add in.

Just based solely on their Twitter page though, they could deserve a vote, they're pretty active on there, quick with information updates and if you @TheSims3 you usually get a pretty prompt response. Much faster than you would get here, if they even responded at all over here.

Yes, because they spend so much time saying "We love all of you!" on twitter, even though what they stand for are a bunch of broken games, overpriced store content, and a mountain of complaints on their own website that they ignore. Yes, they do deserve praise for their accomplishments. Congratulations EA! You've proved that even interns that have access to the internet can make people believe that a pile of garbage is a pile of gold. More profit for you! *Slow Clap*

The Sims Franchise deserves better than this, and I'm not sure EA is up to the challenge.

I would like to note that this response is not directed at you Camkat, but at the situation as a whole.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    California wrote:
    Camkat wrote:
    TS3 wants to win for their Twitter page. Not this site, not their games or anything they've added into them or going to add in.

Yes, because they spend so much time saying "We love all of you!" on twitter, even though what they stand for are a bunch of broken games, overpriced store content, and a mountain of complaints on their own website that they ignore. Yes, they do deserve praise for their accomplishments. Congratulations EA! You've proved that even interns that have access to the internet can make people believe that a pile of garbage is a pile of gold. More profit for you! *Slow Clap*

The Sims Franchise deserves better than this, and I'm not sure EA is up to the challenge.

I would like to note that this response is not directed at you Camkat, but at the situation as a whole.

Haha! Your right though, they do do a lot of that on Twitter! :P But I was more thinking about their responses to people. I had some trouble a few months back with my game and I directed a question at them, and they responded within a few hours with an answer. That's faster than they respond to question directed at them on here, since they pretty much never do. :wink: Hence the reason I said "could" deserve a vote, doesn't mean that I think they do either necessarily. Mainly though I just wanted to clear up any confusion for those that thought they might be in the nomination for their social features they'll be adding with ST, because really, this particular award, has absolutely zero to do with that. (Except their tweets with info on ST of course.) :wink: Just seemed to me like everyone was getting all worked up over an award for something that it isn't even for. :) We'll have plenty of time for that when they do want nominations for other rewards because of ST though.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Camkat wrote:
    Mainly though I just wanted to clear up any confusion for those that thought they might be in the nomination for their social features they'll be adding with ST, because really, this particular award, has absolutely zero to do with that. (Except their tweets with info on ST of course.) Just seemed to me like everyone was getting all worked up over an award for something that it isn't even for.

I understand completely, but in a way, that award does have to do with those things. Not directly, but those things do factor in. Their twitter is an extension of the Sims 3. Whether it be complaints about Showtime or bad customer service, that people are getting uppity about, they do matter. I'm actually glad to see people realizing that, that award reflects the company as a whole, not just a small piece.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    California wrote:
    Their twitter is an extension of the Sims 3. Whether it be complaints about Showtime or bad customer service, that people are getting uppity about, they do matter. I'm actually glad to see people realizing that, that award reflects the company as a whole, not just a small piece.

Point taken. I failed to see the bigger picture. I personally separate the two, however you are right about the company as a whole.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    :roll: I WISH I FRIGGIN WOULD!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Good one, EA! :thumbup: Like I'm supposed to nominate y'all for best social media, when your own dang customer service is as useful as gum stuck in my hair! :x I KNOW y'all ain't askin for FAVORS! :lol::lol: You got $70 of my money total for the base game and Ambitions, not to mention not one but TWO $10 simpoint bundles out of me...let that satisfy you! *whistles cheerfully*

Okay, customer service helped me an awful lot lately, so I want to take that back. :oops: But I'm especially fed up ANYWAYS, because EA said today that of they get the #1 rank by February, we'll get a free set at the Store....
    Nominate The Sims 3 for a Shorty Award to unlock a The Sims 3 Store surprise! Nominate The Sims 3 for a Shorty Award in Gaming. A The Sims 3 Store set will be unlocked for FREE download when we reach the #1 spot! We have until The nomination period ends on February 17, 2012. Let’s hope that we take first place by then!

Now you're trying to BUY my vote!? Through the lure of promising free content we should already HAVE!? :shock: And what if the set you make free is one I already have? What do I get THEN? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Nominate The Sims 3 for a Shorty Award to unlock a The Sims 3 Store surprise! Nominate The Sims 3 for a Shorty Award in Gaming. A The Sims 3 Store set will be unlocked for FREE download when we reach the #1 spot! We have until The nomination period ends on February 17, 2012. Let’s hope that we take first place by then!
    Now you're trying to BUY my vote!? Through the lure of promising free content we should already HAVE!? :shock: And what if the set you make free is one I already have? What do I get THEN? ;)

Well I take back everything I said earlier. Bribing us for votes is ridiculous! Asking us and making us aware is one thing, but this is quite another.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It's crazier every day I come here. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    How much you wanna bet that if enough players vote them # 1, instead of unlocking the free content for all, they'll do a random drawing so only one lucky Simmer who voted for them gets the free set?

It *could* happen.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited January 2012
    IDC about the new object. :roll: That won't get a vote from me. :wink::lol:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2012
    Gdurma wrote:

Here here! I agree 1000% !!

If only Blizzard owned the rights to The Sims. At least we'd have decent customer service talking to people who a) can understand English well and b) know what they're talking about.

~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    may_nilanmay_nilan Posts: 950 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I seriously facepalmed when I got the message about the 'shorty awards.' I can't believe they would have the nerve to ask this after what's been happening! :shock:
  • Options
    EmmyBirdEmmyBird Posts: 2,188
    edited January 2012
    blunote00 wrote:
    IDC about the new object. :roll: That won't get a vote from me. :wink::lol:

Something tells me it's going to be one of the cheapest sets in the Store; the kind you can buy for 150 simpoints.