Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is going down the drain in my opinion

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2012
    So basically, WritinReg, if there's a Sims 4 and I'm silly enough to buy it, I can basically grumble all over the place 'It doesn't have <feature>. It's no good. It's not TS3'?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,537 Member
    edited January 2012
    Why we are where we are:
    johnriccitiello.jpg
    EA's mission, as Ricitiello states it, is clear: “Our mission is to transform these brands from a single event every 1 to 2 years to 365-day businesses with packaged goods launches sustained by frequent updates of downloadable content and expansions into social and mobile platforms.” As, for example, they're in the process of doing with The Sims, which has become the #2 social game in a very short time.

In an effort to make this happen, Riccitiello talks about the company's structure: “EA has organized to put full responsibility for managing our key brands behind the teams that create them. Rather than scattering the development for console, mobile, and social across multiple organizations, we are consolidating key elements of production, marketing and community into one team.” He believes consumers will benefit because of better creative continuity, and that employees will benefit because “they see the entire spectrum of gameplay, technology and business model on their franchise. Employees see much better career development and frankly, they have more fun at work.” Now there's a concept that not every major publisher seems interested in.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited January 2012
    :oops:
  • Options
    saveoursouls2008saveoursouls2008 Posts: 341 New Member
    edited January 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    “they see the entire spectrum of gameplay, technology and business model on their franchise. Employees see much better career development and frankly, they have more fun at work.” Now there's a concept that not every major publisher seems interested in.

Lol. What an idiot of him to say that. EA was voted one of the worst places to work, and random employees have said they hated working there due to the little amounts of days off they have.

Which of course doesn't make sense since every EA game I own feels like the same thing I purchased a year prior.

If you can't tell I want 2k Sports to have rights to Madden :oops:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Are you kidding me? They should be grateful I've spent my money on their games all these years. Too bad they won't be getting any more of my money, but, as a customer, I hae the right to vote with my wallet. And as of now, my wallet is snapped shut when it comes to buying any more Sims 3 expansion packs, starting with Showtime.

And it's Sims 3 you're talking about, not Sims 2. Previewing your post before you make it saves you a lot of embarassment later on.

Grateful my donkey!

That's funny. I could swear I remember someone on this forum insisting that if you no longer bought the expansions, you were no longer entitled to an opinion. :lol:

True, but that was said to people who were bashing the Sims 3 and were going to Sims 2 in droves. And, I reckon that since Showtime hasn't come out yet, and I have Pets, I'm *still* entitled to an opinion. So, you can hit me with that again *after* Showtime is released. :-P
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!