The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so we all know that all the townie sims are fat by now...

the question is...how do i get them all average weight?

it's pretty annoying...i wish there was a patch by now to make some sims work out:(. it'd be cool to have a variety...really fat sims, really muscular sims, really skinny sims, average sims, etc.

my sims are all obese!
my town is very unhealthy :?

Comments

• Options
    goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Get a sim to level 5 athletic skill, then make friends with townies, invite them to the gym and then you get the opportunity to train that person when you click on the running or cross trainer machines. They seem to continue even after you stop training so I suggest invite several at once.
  • Options
    scarlettx33scarlettx33 Posts: 996 New Member
    edited July 2009
    goldlabpup wrote:
    Get a sim to level 5 athletic skill, then make friends with townies, invite them to the gym and then you get the opportunity to train that person when you click on the running or cross trainer machines. They seem to continue even after you stop training so I suggest invite several at once.

ugh that's a lot of work:(
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited July 2009
    I just go over to the gym several sims show up and if you work out then they work out, same as if your in the pool they seem to join in. So I have quit a variaty of weights in my game.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There is no easy way to slim down the population, short of taking away all the fridges/picnic baskets across town. Even if you were to switch around active households and make them all skinny, they would eventually revert anyway.
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The training thing is a good idea. I've played several runs through Sunset Valley now, and in each separate game, who becomes fat is usually different unless they start out fat like the Ursine family. I had one game where Hank Goddard was the fattest policeman I've ever seen, and in another he was fit and trim until he died.
  • Options
    goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, sorry. Only thing I could think of. Maybe they are all couch potatoes or something?
  • Options
    FaeIsabellaFaeIsabella Posts: 31 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haven't played long but don't some of them stay large because they were created that way? This would be helpful to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    JukeboxJukebox Posts: 325 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I remember when my town was fatties....lol.
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited July 2009
    maybe you should build some more gyms or add exricise eciment to there houses
  • Options
    SimToth1212SimToth1212 Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2009
    I thought the same thing and then recently one of my sims married Ahmed Alto and that guy was totally jacked under his clothes!!! :shock:
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim couldn't afford to buy his own exercise equipment, so I had him working out at the gym almost daily (criminal career). The townies would show up and workout along side him and one day I noticed Claire Ursine was thin. :shock: I actually didn't recognize her at first. That's when I noticed all my townies were getting thin (even the Bunch family started to slim down). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I did manage to find a solution to this, actually. Well, it worked for me at least. All I did was download the empty Riverview/Sunset Valley and I made my own sims, having some naturally fat, and some naturally skinny.

And they stayed that way. None of them got too much fatter than they were to begin with, so it worked for me.
  • Options
    Cecesaun1Cecesaun1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited July 2009
    Jukebox wrote:
    I remember when my town was fatties....lol.

My town has a good mix of sizes...no prob with too many fat, skinny. I have noticed that once I took one of my elderly sims to the movie and it seemed as if every elder sim came out and crowded around her. Now she's attractive, very, but that was a little insane and yet...funny! :D
  • Options
    Cecesaun1Cecesaun1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited July 2009
    aarin wrote:
    There is no easy way to slim down the population, short of taking away all the fridges/picnic baskets across town. Even if you were to switch around active households and make them all skinny, they would eventually revert anyway.

Aarin this is off topic with the original OP but I just had to comment on your hair...how CUTE!!!
  • Options
    xDiamond_PrincessxxDiamond_Princessx Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, mine are usually really skinny and boney..
    they all look anerixic.
  • Options
    onionXrings1onionXrings1 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have AwesomeMod, which has a mod in there making the sims have to eat in order to get fat, and they don't revert back to being fat if they don't exercise. It's nice, but it's also really super hard to get them fat if they are skinny.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There should be an option to get lipo at the hospital >.<