Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else wish we had more elder clothes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am tired of waiting for elder clothes so I got some cute outfits at All About Style. Judie makes my elder sims look hip. :D

I was thinking of downloading some of their Elder clothes, but was uncertain where to put the .package file that comes along with the sims 3 pack. Is the .package file the Mesh? If so where do I install it? To the downloads folder , or the .Mods folder? Sorry to be so ignorant about this. But I could not find directions that explained this at their site.

I downloaded a lot of their clothes for sims 2, and have downloaded their sims3 patterns, which are a sims3 pack only.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2011
    zorba2357 wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am tired of waiting for elder clothes so I got some cute outfits at All About Style. Judie makes my elder sims look hip. :D

I was thinking of downloading some of their Elder clothes, but was uncertain where to put the .package file that comes along with the sims 3 pack. Is the .package file the Mesh? If so where do I install it? To the downloads folder , or the .Mods folder? Sorry to be so ignorant about this. But I could not find directions that explained this at their site.

I downloaded a lot of their clothes for sims 2, and have downloaded their sims3 patterns, which are a sims3 pack only.

I have never downloaded the mesh, just the Sims3Pack. I have to look on the site and see what you are talking about.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why the elder clothes isn't more stylish ... just wait till the EA team gets a little bit older...... :lol: I don't get it , is that what they would want to wear as elders ? C'mon give us something that elders would actually want to wear.!!!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree! Our elders get short changed all the way around, not only in EPs and SPs but especially in the Store. I was so happy that EA finally did an Asian themed clothing Set to go with all their Asian Furnishing Sets that I snapped it up lickety-split!

If they ever came out with a stylish clothing Set for elders in the Store I can pretty much guarantee that it would fly off the virtual shelves!
    It's hard to match up new things for them. Patterns really do go a long way in making things look a little fresh. However, we need more choices for them. Come, EA!
    f6bbff71.jpg

@Sunshineandrozes: Even though I abuse CC clothing, your recolors have given me fresh inspiration for dressing my poor elders with their limited EA wardrobe. Nicely done! :wink:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have a hard time imagen those 2 in the elderly clothes..?

25ic475.jpg

(hidding pictures for the christmas wheel, a sims competition in gifting forum)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited December 2011
    A fashion set for elders would make my day. I'm certain that the Showtime expansion will have nothing for them. :(
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree.I would love more clothes for my sim elders.
    @ sunshineandrozes: Love your recolours!, especially the outfit with the pink cardigan and green skirt!. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:

I have never downloaded the mesh, just the Sims3Pack. I have to look on the site and see what you are talking about.

When I download the dress and open the zip file, there's a sims 3 pack And a .package file. The one I downloaded is named :

FEPantunderTop_AllAboutStyle, but there's 2 in the zip file ,same name, 1 is a sims3 pack the other a .package file.

I just wish I knew if maybe they are the same thing in different formats so I don't have to install the .package file anywhere? Or I do have to put it somewhere, either mods or downloads?

Oh well, just thought I'd try again. I really shouldn't download a bunch of cc clothes anyhow.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh I see now. Both are the same dress, different formats. :-)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to see some elder clothes as well! I was creating Sims with the new Japanese-themed clothing, and was sad to discover that my elderly sims had nothing new to wear. :( Perhaps EA can make a set dedicated to elderly clothing of all sorts?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    Oh I see now. Both are the same dress, different formats. :-)

Thank-you blewis823. So I guess I can install the sims3pack and ignore the .package file.

I've never installed cc clothes for sims 3 , only store stuff.

For sims 2 I installed tons of cc clothes, and if it had a mesh there were Two things to install, the dress, and the mesh.

edit: I agree, it would have been nice to add some Japanese themed Elder Clothes.

• Options
    GreedyChickGreedyChick Posts: 432
    edited December 2011
    I love to play with elders, im sick of them getting nothing ever..EA could throw a bone once in a while.. I dont understand why the sets in the store are for everyone but elders like the new chinese outfits the elders got the hair but not the outfits, really :shock: i would be more then happy to put out sim points to get my elders some new threads :D:D
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree--the main reason I don't play as Elders is because Elders hardly have anything to interest me enough. :( They look odd, and dress even worse. Hopefully EA can give them a lift, and make better stuff for them. ^-^