Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Sims 3 so short-sighted

Maybe I've been playing the Sims too long but Sims 3 just seems to miss so many opportunities for improved game play.

I noticed tonight my sim collected two big bags of horse manure from cleaning her horse's stall. Great.

Except the only thing she could do with it was "give it as a gift"? What?

Wouldn't it have been more useful as an additive to your garden to make your plants better?

But someone just either failed to think ahead or just didn't care to add something like that.

Instead they are more concerned with doing junk with Facebook which I couldn't care less about. That's not what the sims is about.

Comments

• Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't tried it yet but I read somewhere that you can use the horse manure in your sims garden. Does your sim have a garden and does she have a high enough skill level to fertilize? If so, you should try to fertilize with it. I bet it would work.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited December 2011
    If she can garden at all she can use it in the garden to fertalize the vegi's.

i have used it in the garden. So that is available in game, unless your haveing a glitch of some sort you should be able to fertalize with the horse manure.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've used it as fertilizer in my garden too. Keep in mind that you have to have a high enough gardening skill in the first place to fertilize and your clicking on the plants and "fertilize with" not actually clicking on the fertilizer in your backpack. :wink:

If your sim has a high enough gardening skill and can fertilize with other plants but not the horse manure, and you were clicking on the plant and not in the backpack, then it sounds like your sim is glitched. :(
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2011
    Wow I never thought I 'd say this but I want manure lol! I never knew you could get bags of manure.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited December 2011
    My gardening sims use both the horse manure and unicorn manure on their plants. It'll show up on the list when you click on the plant and choose "Fertilize with...".
  • Options
    frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited December 2011
    In fact, there's even a life reward you can give your horses to make their manure even better fertilizer. :lol: