Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime: Optional Stand-alone or Not? You Decide!

Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
Some pointed this out, and I went and checked it out to confirm it.

On the listing of requirements in one of the caches, it states this:

"9.6 GB of hard drive space if installing with the Sims 3."

Usually, they say that the base game is required to play, but not in this case. So, does anyone else think that EA had better let us know real quick if this is an optional stand-alone game that doesn't necessarily require the base game to play?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not buying it, and I'm hoping that they don't add a patch that adds those elements to it, because I really would like to be able to buy an expansion pack that interests me further on down the line.

So, this does give me a *little* bit of hope.

What say you?
EA Marketing Department Motto:
"We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
B)
I Disapprove (Naturally)
I Took The Pledge!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,451 Member
    edited December 2011
    You know now that you mention it the release date is rumored for March which is early for an ep so it could be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should send this info to simsvip because you may be right about this. So if showtime isn't the next ep I wonder what will be.
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit torn, because I WANT the performance careers (singing, DJs, magicians, etc) but I really, really, really don't want the social features.

It just seems like if things are put into a stand-alone game, they don't get sent to Sims 3 in an EP, which is why I'm torn. A lot of stuff that could have been cool in Sims 3 was sent to Sims Medieval. I want the gameplay, just not the facebook stuff.

Though it does sound like a stand alone game, from the sound of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would rather it be an ep because I want all that stuff in the game with the exception of the online part.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On the other hand EA Russia did say the next ep would be something they've never done before so maybe this is the next ep. I just remembered reading that after I made my previous post.
  • Options
    jake06jake06 Posts: 3,456 New Member
    edited December 2011
    The Facebook thing doesn't bother me. I'd dis-like the Sims 3 page and other things and not upload creations to facebook or this website. I just wish that the option to send Sims into others game is optional. DO we get an option to reject these simmers or turn it off with an in-game button with the settings. I don't want people with corrupted modifications and custom content coming into my clean game and...Dirtying it up. This idea is a major set back for the simming community the people who want this need to think of privacy are they safe in their game...Here's a scenario:
    Lets say I let a friend into my game. I then do something to offend them. They may be a devoted Christian or Catholic and be against Same sex marriage. I then make a Gay or Lesbian sim and allow them to marry a same sex being. They go and post all over the forums and Social networking sites that I make gay Sims and other bull. I am then embarrassed because my privacy is then thrown all over the internet. And who knows who is out there. How do we not know that one of the Simmers is using a fake age and personality they could be a sicko going into my game and doing inappropriate things. If this is a true "EP" then they need to release more information about it Is there an option to continue playing solo. Can people come into our games without permission (like a facebook game) And another topic. Facebook Games: I was on a Facebook game called Miniplanet a simulation game where you play games to earn money and decorate a house. I was playing one of the mini-games when I had a fellow being come on and say my avi was ugly and that I had no personality. Imagine that if I upload a Sim onto facebook. Even now if you post a pick of your favorite sim. "Why does she have Angelina Jolie lips" or "She looks like Taye Diggs" we'd been stricken of our privacy.....And the patches. They really shouldn't be in a patch I think the file for it all would be way too big to have in a 20 min download. But if it is possible than your forcing us to have this option. Which if you think about it people are buying a $50 game for a microphone...If the options do come in a free patch. This option I believe will cause so much frustration within games and cause hundreds of thousands of Fans to quit buying and playing Sims. If there is an option to reject Simmers and keep you game as it is now but with facebook options and the content of the new EP then I'd buy it. Its way to early I say to be making a big deal. Until EA confirms this and give me more information I'm stuck between half and half buying it

(Sorry for lots of writing..Just giving an option)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's okay. I'm mainly interested in the possibility of this being some kind of optional stand-alone game that doesn't require the base game.

I wish EA would let us know one way or the other and put us out of our misery. I guess by tomorrow, they'll have gotten the idea that this better not be included as part of the next expansion pack.

And, Jake, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like this is a train wreck just waiting to happen.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish it were a stand alone game and it would make more sense if it were. EA are going to ruin all of our games to please 95% of the Simming world. To tell you the truth I am so peeved at the idea. How mentally challenged can they seriously get. Who left Monkeys in charge of game idea. I'm sure my little brother could think of a better game...And he did...He wants a game where you can go to the beach and get sunburnt...
    Some times I just want to slap EA....or shoot them...Whatever knocks some sense into them...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh..This is the first time we've agreed on something... *high-fives self*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I just caught something on simsvip.com so I copied the quote. It was from her.

http://simsvip.com/?p=3932&cpage=2#comment-58842

Copied Quote
    Sims VIP says:
    December 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm This is a standard requirement (some EP’s require more or less when installing with the Base Game) It is on the back of every box. The EP is not 9.6 GB…The EP + Sims 3 Base requires 9.6 GB. Which would be the same requirement Pets needed.

Edit
    At link you'll need to scroll up to see simvips statement. I don't know how this happened.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't get it Baha so it has the same GB's as an EP no a base?
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited December 2011
    I would rather it be an ep because I want all that stuff in the game with the exception of the online part.

This ^^ I just want a EP.
  • Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like it might be a stand-alone and not an EP.

And please no one shove a link to SimsVIP in my face trying to prove me wrong or whatever. I'm sick of hearing about SimsVIP. Thank you. :/
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited December 2011
    Interesting catch Jarsie. Pets does say "6.4 GB if installing with The Sims 3" on it's page, but it also has "Requires The Sims 3 to play" at the top and Showtime doesn't so...who knows.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's stand alone. I suspect, though could be wrong, that the IF downloaded with TS3 could be the dual packs that they now do. The base game + EP, as in Gens (I think) and Pets.
  • Options
    VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit torn, because I WANT the performance careers (singing, DJs, magicians, etc) but I really, really, really don't want the social features.

The performance careers, singing, DJs magicians or even stand-up comedy should really have been a part of Late Night...

• Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

It sounds like to me that Showtime can be both a EP and a stand alone game at this point.

Personally i think they are going to patch some in to our games without us knowing.

EG. Late Night release night patch came with the sliders & Most of the buydebug objects. Basically we paid for the Vampires, hairstyles, clothes, Celebs and a few more objects.

I would hate to see the 'social features' added into game.
    Personally i think its only going to be for those who have sims social Registered here. But i say if you sign out of your launcher your game will not know its you playing and will not have the features.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2011
    Good catch and I hope your right. I hope that it's a stand alone game similar to how medieval is (has nothing to do with the sims 3). I just hope that the crappy social features aren't in a patch or a update, so I can keep them out of my game. If they do make this as an ep then it will certainly be a waste of one.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

Wait, If this turns out to be a stand alone, That means we are still getting a EP.

.... I have not heard anything on this, Maybe Showtime is a decoy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I just caught something on simsvip.com so I copied the quote. It was from her.

http://simsvip.com/?p=3932&cpage=2#comment-58842

Copied Quote
    Sims VIP says:
    December 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm This is a standard requirement (some EP’s require more or less when installing with the Base Game) It is on the back of every box. The EP is not 9.6 GB…The EP + Sims 3 Base requires 9.6 GB. Which would be the same requirement Pets needed.

Edit
    At link you'll need to scroll up to see simvips statement. I don't know how this happened.

This is her quote:

Sims VIP says:

" December 3, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Unfortunately it isn’t a standalone game. If you see the Requirements, it says they require 9.6GB Space when installed with The Sims 3."

But the requirements don't say "when"...they say "if"...big difference.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like the stuff in it except facebook.

But, it should of came with late night
  • Options
    shoeprozacshoeprozac Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Any chance this could be a console expansion pack? I mean, they've only had Pets so far, haven't they (I don;t play consoles so please feel free to correct me!). After all, there were the rare breeds in the console that we didn;t have in the PC version for example. Perhaps they are introducing new features to keep the console franchise fresh and desirable, and unfortunately are including features that we hoped to see (and should have seen) in Late Night.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    It means if you install it at the same time as the base game. I've seen it many times before.
  • Options
    shoeprozacshoeprozac Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2011
    .... I have not heard anything on this, Maybe Showtime is a decoy?

I like this idea!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shoeprozac wrote:
    Any chance this could be a console expansion pack? I mean, they've only had Pets so far, haven't they (I don;t play consoles so please feel free to correct me!). After all, there were the rare breeds in the console that we didn;t have in the PC version for example. Perhaps they are introducing new features to keep the console franchise fresh and desirable, and unfortunately are including features that we hoped to see (and should have seen) in Late Night.

If it were for the console, it would say which console games, the same as they did with Pets. The only specs we've seen have been for the PC.

And MAC Users need not apply, since apparently this new expansion pack is not designed with MAC users in mind.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!