Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Petition to open RABBITHOLES in game!(We gather signs - Ideas here of how this is possible)

Comments

• Options
    SilentResidentSilentResident Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Guys, I have added the following phrase to the top comment of the topic:

"IF you are able to go to Gym and to the Gallery, why do not be able to go to the Grocery???"

:D
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    edited July 2009
    Rabbit holes are easier because we don't for places like the bookstore/grocery store because then we, the players don't have to mini-click on shelves to get books and such and we can focus on another sim.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SIGNED! OMG SIGNED!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, as now I am thinking of Story development, being able to be inside rabbitholes and see your sims what they do inside, is a nice scenery for your stories. :)

A mother with her baby shopping in Grocery a beautiful morning... doens't makes a beautiful sense for you? :wink:

You can photo this and upload it to the net, in the Sims 3 story pages. :)
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited July 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=47303

pretty much sums up how I feel about the rabbit holes
  • Options
    Brubaker1226Brubaker1226 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2009
    *signs*

Definitely should be removed. Very annoying. I don't see why removing them would make lower end computers run any slower though, as some seem to be saying...confusing. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=47303

pretty much sums up how I feel about the rabbit holes

Hahaha, nice one! Can I add the slogan "I am not a Rabbit, I am a Sim!" to the first page?
  • Options
    roseconsumptionroseconsumption Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I guess what really bothers me about the rabbit hole situation is that it wouldn't have taken that much more time to incorporate working buildings. I would have gladly waited a few months extra to have a truly open neighborhood. The fact that I have to pay $20 now for every building I want to open is ridiculous. Maybe they should make an Open Neighborhood ep with more furniture and build options, so you can make your own hospitals and schools. Remember in TS2 when you had items you could only use in community lots?

That being said, I think a lot of us forget what TS2 was like without expansions and expect a lot out of a base game.
  • Options
    squueker01squueker01 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I hate Rabbit Holes it made the game boring and a big let down when I bought it. I actually reinstalled the sims 2 because its alot more fun than the sims 3 in its current state

signed/
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited July 2009
    squueker01 wrote:
    I hate Rabbit Holes it made the game boring and a big let down when I bought it. I actually reinstalled the sims 2 because its alot more fun than the sims 3 in its current state

signed/

The Sims 2 and how many expansion packs? :roll: 8) That's what I thought. Try playing just the Sims 2 base game. Not that much fun now is it. Just be patient it's gonna happen just like they built on Sims 2 base game is the same way they are going to build on this. Now I'm officially done with this page just thought the podcast would be interesting to listen to even though it's long I just found it though it would make it's point and mark are to why it was done. http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/ea.com/Podcast/Files/EApodcast-72009.mp3
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Opmystik wrote:
    squueker01 wrote:

signed/

The Sims 2 and how many expansion packs? :roll: 8) That's what I thought. Try playing just the Sims 2 base game. Not that much fun now is it. Just be patient it's gonna happen just like they built on Sims 2 base game is the same way they are going to build on this. Now I'm officially done with this page just thought the podcast would be interesting to listen to even though it's long I just found it though it would make it's point and mark are to why it was done. http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/ea.com/Podcast/Files/EApodcast-72009.mp3

I am afraid Sims 2 never has RabbitHoles. Sims 3 started with Rabbitholes and my experience from Sims 2 says that an expansion packs are for expanding to new content and stuff, not to revamp previous content, like base game. Like the Sims 2 expansions didnt major changes to the base Sims 2's standard features.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i wanna make actual resturants :D

/signed

also, experts with peggysim.com, help me out. click link plz.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73522.page
  • Options
    WillowMontgomeryWillowMontgomery Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree with you 100%
    I just can't play the game any more. There is nothing to do in it! LOL, I'm looking forward to the next EP but they shouldn't have left it for the end of the year.
    Yes, I have played sims2 on its own, and yes it was better. Sims 2 with and open neighbourhood would have been perfect. That's just MO of course.

/Signed
  • Options
    GoTouchAsbestosGoTouchAsbestos Posts: 48 New Member
    edited July 2009
    gross I hate work why would I want to play my sim through it?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    edited July 2009

she's not talking about workplaces being opened (even through both the hospital and theater are workplaces) just places like the bookstore or grocery store to open up and to "see" a sim baby being born.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LeeLeeAnneLeeLeeAnne Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2009
    *SIGNED*

Although it will only be a matter of time before the EP's come out and "fill in the town" undoing alot of the rabbit holes as stated in one of their many press releases. But I do agree that there was alot more they couldve done in the game before release.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Do not confuse the opening of the rabbithole workplaces with the works themselves.

Please read my first comment, in Page 1 if you didn't.

By opening a rabbithole does *NOT* means you have to play your Sims through their work. The Jobs/Works/Careers will remain automatic, as forever, this is clear.
  • Options
    Simstina531Simstina531 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Seriously guys? I'm not a hermit and I have a brand new computer that could kick any computers ***....it looks like a Transformer. I like the rabbit holes...a little break from constant button clicking.
  • Options
    KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree all the way you have my vote
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Edited a bit the first page, now it says:

While "in work", the Sims will be NOT-CONTROLLABLE-BY-THE-PLAYER, and they should wear their job's clothes depending on their rank (in excample doctor or nurse outfits, or whatever). The "In Work" will be automated, you can't play your sim while they are working, but you can control their efforts (set them to "Work Hard" or whatever), like Sims 3 base game already allows you.

I hope the players will not confuse the opening of the rabbitholes with the breaking of the job/career automation.
  • Options
    Kewll0serKewll0ser Posts: 191 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed!

Please, even if u can't do the hospitals, make the restaurants/bistros open!
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Such a stupid idea. They are necessary to allow your Sims to actually be able to do work. It's a ridiculous level of effort to make all the work-related rabbit holes well simulated.

Time which could be better spent on actually interesting community lots and other such gameplay enhancements....
  • Options
    Kristin1077Kristin1077 Posts: 629 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No thanks. I like the rabbitholes it makes the game easier to navigate through and it loads faster. Plus I don't think they are going to change the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    Such a stupid idea. They are necessary to allow your Sims to actually be able to do work. It's a ridiculous level of effort to make all the work-related rabbit holes well simulated.

Time which could be better spent on actually interesting community lots and other such gameplay enhancements....

"Stupid idea"? I just used my example about Hospital so reveal how to create a functioning place. The example of the hospital applies for all the community slots, even if it includes the "INTERESTING" ones you are meaning (but ALL of them are WORKPLACES too): the Restaurant (is also workplace), the Grocery (is also workplace), the Bistro (is also workplace). Isnt for example the Theater an INTERESTING place for entertainment??? But its also an workplace.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I ensure you my dearest friend, if EA used the logic of make a simple restaurant into rabbithole and also they did the same with the bistro, why do not do the same with the the the Nightclubs and the Amusement Parks?

And the Nightclubs need D.J, managers, so probably EA will make the Nightclubs to be "Workplace Rabbitholes" too.

Thats why I used an example with Workplaces, which provides the fact that the workplaces SHOULD NOT PREVENT the players from seeing their interiors them as CUSTOMERS.