Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• Options
    SpazzOSpadesSpazzOSpades Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

I doubt they'll change it but it would be FREAKING AWESOME if they did

I lbame myself. When I was little I played on Neopets and it became a paysite, then I switched to Gaia and it became a paysite. It was only a matter of time...

But in all seriousness, I agree. Especially after I forked over $50 for a game with almost NO BASES. D=
  • Options
    punkyj18punkyj18 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

tired of having to go out and spend 10 bucks because i want ONE hairstyle

theres not even that much on there

just make sure they don't close down the exchange
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2009
    punkyj18 wrote:

tired of having to go out and spend 10 bucks because i want ONE hairstyle

That's how I feel about the stuff packs. I hated spending twenty bucks just to get the one or two things I actually wanted and having everything else just clutter up my game.
  • Options
    purpley95purpley95 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree. They needed to put a lot more stuff in TS3. I was soo disappointed after paying $50 and getting not that much stuff.

signed
  • Options
    DanceHeatherDanceDanceHeatherDance Posts: 98 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ♥/DanceHeatherDance
    signed.(:
  • Options
    PiasaPiasa Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

although i love the fact that you can customise everything with hundreds of colours etc., it doesn't really make up for the fact that there's sweet f.a. in the way of items and clothes :(
  • Options
    Wylde6996Wylde6996 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Definately. I think its stupid that there is only half the amount of objects on TS3 than TS2. Put them all back on to the game!

/signed
  • Options
    ScorpeoScorpeo Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread but, I do agree with what I have read. TS3 should have come with more items in the base game. I got the deluxe edition and there wasn't enough extra to justify the extra cost. I thought there would be many more options for clothing and hairstyles, and I was very disappointed.

When I looked around, it was irritating to see that they want you to pay even more just to get the different styles that were available in the older games. I miss the ability to buy a pre-made house and then choose on which lot to place it. You don't get as many choices when moving or just starting out. I've "visited" other in game sim houses that I would love to get, but they are occupied, and I don't see any option to clone it and place it on another lot. I don't have a lot of imagination when it comes to building houses so I like the pre-made ones. I can always alter it when necessary.

Consider this petition signed ...

Scorpeo
  • Options
    xNatasiaxNatasia Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed!
  • Options
    RakeeshRakeesh Posts: 670 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Piasa wrote:
    /signed

although i love the fact that you can customise everything with hundreds of colours etc., it doesn't really make up for the fact that there's sweet f.a. in the way of items and clothes :(

(Copy-pasta cause I'm too tired to retype it all again....)

Just to clear things up;
    +Sims 3 contains over 700 more unique models/items in build/buy mode compared directly with Sims 2.

+Sims 3 contains over 150 more unique models/items in CAS (Sims 2 contains 1 more unique hair than Sims 3.)

+Sims 3 contains much more gameplay and features than Sims 2 (gardening, fishing, seamless neighbourhood, portable items, item customisation {which gives far more recolour options than there ever were in Sims 2}, item collecting, etc.)
  • Options
    gocatdavegocatdave Posts: 233 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Consider me signed on to this petition. This store deal is really a pretty insulting little money-making scheme that shows a lot of disrespect to all of the loyal Sims customers out there. Shame on you EA.

Go Cat Dave
    http://martianmartianmartian.blogspot.com/
    MartianMartianMartian.2.gif
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think the person who started this thread got banned... 200 posts is rather low.
  • Options
    PandaFaust21PandaFaust21 Posts: 337 New Member
    edited July 2009

Right. That's a tunic shirt, not a dress, worn with shorts or a skirt, and the boots are in the game. Her hair is also the first or second option, can't remember which. She's obviously a little photoshopped, but you can make her.

Let's see if I can do this.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=429107 - This should be the Kim Kent created by SimsGuruFlix.

screenshot_original.jpg

This is what she looks like in the game.

When I used create a sim I tried to find the matching hair. With the first hair:

screenshot_original.jpg

Notice the hair goes over both shoulders. It is not as long as the picture from the ad. The next option was the fourth hair.

screenshot_original.jpg

It has the length but as with the first hair, covers both shoulders. On top of that, this hair is very flat compared to either the first hair or that depicted.

In regard to her clothes, just because they look similar doesn't mean they are the same.
  • Options
    candystellcandystell Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed Candystell
  • Options
    giraffegiraffe Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed giraffe
  • Options
    TessjeTessje Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2009

In regard to her clothes, just because they look similar doesn't mean they are the same.

I believe I did say that the picture was photoshopped for advertising purposes. Still, you were able to create Kim Kent, maybe not her exact replica, but close enough. However, if you're not satisfied (personally, I think your nit-picking), feel free to sue EA. Let's see how far you get with that.
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2009
    signed
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    creameggxxcreameggxx Posts: 345 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I definately agree, but whatever would EA do without that extra money? :shock:
    Personally, I don't like buying over the internet and would love to just download all the new items!

Nothing works as simple, ey? :twisted:
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2009
    Well no-ones forcing you to buy the stuff and personly I think the create-a-style feature more than makes up for the lack of meshes as there is unlimited free re-colours.

I've spent my free stuff (most anyway) but i'm not buing any more because I dont need to, love create a style and it wont be that long before the game code is cracked and custom content can be made by all the creators for privious games.

Check the sims reasours, in a few mounths I bet they will have some, if not thousands, of free meshes for downloading.

(P.S. I am not an emplyee of maxis or EA trying to promote the store, im just sharing my opinoion.)

• Options
    cyberman418cyberman418 Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2009
    I TOTALLY Agree with you, whatever happened to hot-tubs??!! :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :(:(:( :? :? :?
  • Options
    Landria08Landria08 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i think everything should be free tighten up with this buying stuff crap!
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    WE JUST HAVE 2 GET EVERYONE 2 STOP PURCHASING 4RM THE SIMS 3 STORE!!

SIGNED!!
  • Options
    Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited July 2009
    this isnt goin to work....
  • Options
    cfitz109cfitz109 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed