Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Subhoods using the subway system

Comments

• Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2011
    TtnFn04 wrote:
    I hate that I can only play one world, I find it restricting and it's one of the things I love about Sims 2. The ability to have downtown as a different world. Now we know that very big worlds can crash the game as for some reason, some people can't play big worlds, for example on laptops.

My proposal would be that EA give us the ability to travel say from Sunset Valley to Bridgeport as a downtown. The loading screen could just be a view out of a subway window or maybe watching the subway train going down it's tracks, whatever.

I just would like to use more than one world. I create worlds and I try to encompass all the features in one world and it's hard to create all different areas.

If we could link worlds together via a subway system then we could have more than one downtown, we could have a recreational one with plenty of recreational lots, etc.

Why can't we have that?

Oh and I'd like the ability to make city worlds that actually work as city worlds. WA and Late Night both brought new types of worlds that we can't make, open them up to us if you want to make this game more interesting to all the people who are losing interest. I know my interest would come back if we had things like this and world creators would love it.

Agree, agree, AGREE! I've wanted sub hoods for soooo long it isn't funny. Last year or so someone posted about wanting subhoods, and most who replied didn't want them, saying they didn't want 'loading screens like in Sims 2' and then there was likely mention of wanting a Sims 2.5 blah, blah, blah. :roll: But yes, wonderful ideas!! :mrgreen:

edit: here's the old thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/242432.page#3060830
    edit 2: the flaming/disagreeing begins on pg. 4.

So they must love WA then? :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly, I think the open world isn't worth the loss of subhoods. Though as Twallan has done this, I don't see why EA couldn't, aren't they more clever than the modders?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Evil_One wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Are you talking about making Bridgeport as an actual subhood, or maybe even a different smaller city altogether based on Bridgeport? Or are you talking about actually transfering data from one world file to another world file?

I can see them making a smaller urban city that could be added as a subhood that would be modeled on Bridgeport, but smaller and less laggy. But to actually send the Sim to the current Bridgeport or the other associated towns; that would be problematical.

No necessarily, a new subhood could be attached to a previous neighbourhood in the same way as a World Adventures neighbourhood/world and traveled to in a similar fashion (for visits at least), at the main menu each neighbourhood/subhood could be loaded as it's own world and in turn loads the other subhoods in as being 'visitable'.

It wouldn't be that complex. Just a matter of changing a bit of code here and there to make all worlds act like WA ones, well not so much like them, we'd have to be able to just visit for a few hours or so. If Twallan can do it with his traveler mod, I'm sure EA could do it.

The good thing about subhoods is that people playing with laptops or lower end computers, could play several smaller worlds instead of one world and it would stop lagging
    It'd be complex I don't doubt, but entirely possible.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    Unless they fix some of the glitches associated with traveling to subhoods? Bad idea.
  • Options
    karmatrashkarmatrash Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This is a fantastic idea! I've always loved this new open neighborhood, but it still felt like something was missing. THIS is that something! It'd be awesome to designate a smaller town, a busier downtown, and if university ever becomes an expansion pack, this would be an excellent way to handle a university campus for Sims to travel to.
    Twallan has already done this. He has a mod called the traveler mod that you can use to travel between worlds and you can even use it to live in a WA world.

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1776-the-traveler-version-13-updated-2011-sep-20/

Had no idea this existed. Big THANK YOU for this link - will definitely be giving this a try!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Unless they fix some of the glitches associated with traveling to subhoods? Bad idea.

How can there be glitches traveling to subhoods when we don't actually have subhoods?

What we have is the equivalent of Bon Voyage which isn't real subhoods.

If you played Sims 2 you would know that subhoods were easier to manage as they meant you could have a shopping district, a downtown for night life, a university town, etc, etc. This meant we didn't have to play large sized worlds and the point is that we have no control over those worlds, some people have bought this game and been unable to play it because of the large worlds. Several more specific worlds would be better.

Of course if people don't like the idea, they could continue to play the way they do and never use a subhood. Even in Sims 2 I had some neighbourhoods that had shops, nightlife, etc so didn't have to use the subhoods.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    karmatrash wrote:
    This is a fantastic idea! I've always loved this new open neighborhood, but it still felt like something was missing. THIS is that something! It'd be awesome to designate a smaller town, a busier downtown, and if university ever becomes an expansion pack, this would be an excellent way to handle a university campus for Sims to travel to.
    Twallan has already done this. He has a mod called the traveler mod that you can use to travel between worlds and you can even use it to live in a WA world.

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1776-the-traveler-version-13-updated-2011-sep-20/

Had no idea this existed. Big THANK YOU for this link - will definitely be giving this a try!

Remember that mod is still in testing and he is taking feedback on it to perfect it, so join the discussions over there if you try it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How can there be glitches traveling to subhoods when we don't actually have subhoods?

If you played Sims 2 you would know that subhoods were easier to manage as they meant you could have a shopping district, a downtown for night life, a university town, etc, etc. This meant we didn't have to play large sized worlds and the point is that we have no control over those worlds, some people have bought this game and been unable to play it because of the large worlds. Several more specific worlds would be better.

Of course if people don't like the idea, they could continue to play the way they do and never use a subhood. Even in Sims 2 I had some neighbourhoods that had shops, nightlife, etc so didn't have to use the subhoods.

I played Sims 2. Hell, I recently reinstalled it for things like University and Seasons.

The problem you're missing is that the mechanic that allows a person to travel to subhoods would be cribbed from World Adventures, since that's an easily-copied bit of programming. And programmers always avoid extra work if they can help it.

All you need to do is visit the World Adventures forum sometime and read what people have to say to see how well that mechanic works. Until that bug is fixed, ideas like this will continue to be bad simply because they'll be prone to the same glitches.
  • Options
    SUGACANE75SUGACANE75 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I like your idea. I think it's a great idea and it could help with the lagging and glitches. Maybe EA should/could come up with an idea like that and it could be interesting because I do get bored playing just one town. Plus you could have any town as a sub town.....SOUNDS GREAT TO ME!!!!!

TanyaRubirose why is that when a person comes up with an idea that they like or an idea that may sound really good you always wanna come on and squash their idea......

Are you working for EA TanyaRubirose?
    Are you a spy for EA?
    Are they paying you to do their work for them?........

I am curious as to who you are or you a negative person who hates for anyone to have a great idea or be excited about something unless you come up with it yourself.

You know my mother used to tell me always "That GOD doesn't like ugly".......
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    TanyaRubirose why is that when a person comes up with an idea that they like or an idea that may sound really good you always wanna come on and squash their idea......

Because I understand how systems like this work.

EA does read this forum; that much is evident in what material they've released and a few other actions. What is not evident is a simple fact of the matter: EA isn't going to use any idea that will most likely get them sued, won't do any more work than they've planned on, and won't fix bugs unless they feel they actually have to. If they can avoid doing an EP like University and instead parcel out its features across a few other EPs while dropping the university portion instead of fixing the bugged coding they'd just copy and paste to do the EP, you can bet they will.

Now, one other thing they likely do? Ignore people who give ideas they're not going to do. After so many ideas, the person probably gets permanently written off as crazy and thus not worth their time to even listen to. This can also affect anyone who agrees with that person on one of those ideas. After all, there's no point in even bothering with someone when they've proven they're completely out of touch with reality, as far as EA's concerned.

The psychology behind some things actually is amazingly easy to understand.
    Are you working for EA TanyaRubirose?
    Are you a spy for EA?
    Are they paying you to do their work for them?........

Are you completely off your rocker?

No, seriously, are you? You honestly think EA would hire someone like me to patrol these forums when they could instead hire someone pleasant to do it for them? I bet any plants EA has, if they have any, would laugh themselves to the hospital over this one.
    I am curious as to who you are or you a negative person who hates for anyone to have a great idea or be excited about something unless you come up with it yourself.

Actually, I'm very bad at coming up with good ideas. That's the gauge I use on whether or not I say an idea is just horrible: If it's something I would've come up with, it's just horrible. You would be surprised how amazingly effective this is.

Funny. Given what angels actually looked like and did? He likes ugly just fine.

I'd suggest not bringing that into the conversation again. There's a reason I don't debate religion, and I'd prefer it if you didn't troll with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TanyaRubirose so your an expert on everything then you know how the world works, what will happen and you're the right hand angel of GOD as well lol.

TanyaRubirose you're so funny and you know maybe EA does or doesn't read these forms. But honestly if you don't work for them then how would or could you know so much about what EA will or will not do.

And most people that come on here have played all of Sims games that's why they come up with those ideas. And honestly TanyaRubirose it's ok for a person every now and then express an idea let them have that dream. Some of those ideas EA has taken from and some of them they may have even thought about lol.

Plus if they didn't read these forums how in the world would they have added the stroller, more CAS sliders,Pets, and Generations etc. So they might actually read these forums hmmmmm. Theres a thought. But you know that they don't. Because of course lol everyone ideas aren't as brillant as yours I mean you just know it all.

COME ON!!!! TanyaRubirose give people a chance. Let them have their dream and who knows EA may like their idea enough to feature it in the next EP or SP. Or you you don't think they will because you know (I mean really know this yourself).

I read a lot of idea and suggestions and I don't always agree with. Some of them are even outrages lol. But to squash a persons idea/dream I would try to (most of the time) hold myself back from speaking up and saying no this no that (Its won't happen). Because truthfully I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at EA. So I will/would let them have it because hey its their dream/their idea.

Now yes, I do complain about EA and I do say stuff about EA alot of the times because I am really disappointed with EA and Sims so far. It (the game) is not what I thought is was going to be. So I am hurt and disappointed.

Just letting go of Sims and letting EA rob me of the one true game that I found that was interesting turn into a train wreck (I just can't seem to do that). So like thousand others I complain, I get frustarte and I am angry!!!! So yes I do talk about EA a lot cause truthfully they have let me down as a game company.

But I never complained about Sims2 when I played it because omg what was there to complain about really. I was thrilled to play Sims2 and I had ever EP/SP then. Would even be at the walmart the day it came out.

But now ummmm, (No sorry EA) after reading people complaint after complaint makes me want to wait a long time befor I o out to by any Sims EPS or SPs.

So yes I complain about that but I am not going to bash someones idea just because I disagree with it. Sorry (to me that rude, mean and trolling).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'd sugest you stop telling other what to do!!!!! People can talk about what they please but of course your an expert to it all.......NOT!!!!!!!

Let EA do their job its what they get paid for.....If they don't like something they will handle it but you don't work for them (that is what you said).....Right

• Options
    edited October 2011

I played Sims 2. Hell, I recently reinstalled it for things like University and Seasons.

The problem you're missing is that the mechanic that allows a person to travel to subhoods would be cribbed from World Adventures, since that's an easily-copied bit of programming. And programmers always avoid extra work if they can help it.

All you need to do is visit the World Adventures forum sometime and read what people have to say to see how well that mechanic works. Until that bug is fixed, ideas like this will continue to be bad simply because they'll be prone to the same glitches.

What you seem to be missing is the information further back in this post. Twallan has already made a mod called the traveler, with this mod you can use all the worlds in your game as subhoods.

Therefore if a modder can do it, I'm sure EA can.

As for WA, I never had any issues with it and still use it for holiday homes from time to time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    As for the arguments on this thread, take it somewhere else.

Tanyarubirose you were the first to mention religion as in angels, you can eve tell us what they look like, even though they are mythical beings and don't actually exist. If you believe they do that's fair enough, but some of us don't.

As for this being my dream, uhm, no, it's just an idea for a game.

I highly doubt that any of the ideas from this board will be added to Sims 3 as they already know what they want to do with that. Things like strollers were on boards like this in Sims 2. The fact that they added them now may have absolutely no connection to this site, so it may well be that they take my idea on board for Sims 4.

Just for anyone's information. If I have an idea that I think will make the game better, then I will post it.

An argument is not required here as I already said that things like subhoods would be optional, if you don't want to play it then you don't, just like in Sims 2. You can't disagree unless I'm forcing you to play that way.

Tanyarubirose, you have to ask yourself why you are so negative about everyone else's ideas when you can't even come up with any yourself, as you admitted.

Now take your arguments elsewhere, and no you don't really understand how it works, that's obvious by the comments you make, like the above of how it's impossible when a modder has already done it.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited October 2011
    fluttereyes, Tayana didn't mention relgion first..it was Sugercane who did w/ this line
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Streetdival01Streetdival01 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited October 2011
    If a modder can do a glitch free subhood it can be done by EA too. I miss the downtown subhood in AL.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    TanyaRubirose so your an expert on everything then you know how the world works, what will happen and you're the right hand angel of GOD as well lol.

Actually, I've been proven wrong on these forums a number of times. As much as my ego may disagree with the assessment, I know probably, at most, only thirty percent of any given topic, at at most only around fifteen to sixteen thousand topics.

Now, this does seem like a lot of information... until you realize that, really, humanity actually has around fifteen or sixteen billion topics where it comes to knowledge and that the vast majority of my knowledge comes from what one can learn with researching on the internet. Combine this with a history of being an English major and you get the illusion of being far more knowledgeable than I actually am simply because I can quickly research any topic in another browser before replying if it's one I don't have prior knowledge on. I also have spent quite a bit of time studying humanity, in part for reasons I will not reveal, that has allowed me to build a working theory as to how humans as groups function, which in turn has so far been confirmed through every experiment I've run.

Notably, this doesn't apply to things such as nuclear physics, string theory, etc. I don't have the scientific background to even understand half of what I find when I research those.

Also, definitely not the right hand of any deity. Except maybe Cthulhu... But, he's not one you'd want to meet anyway.
    TanyaRubirose you're so funny and you know maybe EA does or doesn't read these forms. But honestly if you don't work for them then how would or could you know so much about what EA will or will not do.

Actually, I know they do. There's been a few people banned by developers for statements about developers that crossed the line on these forums. They couldn't ban these people if they weren't reading the forums in the first place.

Also, how can I know? Groups show patterns of behavior, and corporations are just a type of group. Simple observation over the years, combined with quick probability analysis based upon past behavior, results in a working likelihood of whether or not something will happen.

For example, I can say that dogs being able to bury items won't be added to the game through observing that EA has made a policy of not revisiting previous EPs to add more content to them. They have shown they will add more to the photography skill, which makes it a minor exception, but that exception is the only one I have noted so far. In other cases, they simply copy the code into a later EP and alter it slightly, like they did with memories for Pets.

It is from a combination of observing EA's patterns of behavior and running probability tests of items that I come to a determination of what behavior they will likely take.

I am sometimes wrong; that simply reflects a lack of information I had prior to that.
    And most people that come on here have played all of Sims games that's why they come up with those ideas. And honestly TanyaRubirose it's ok for a person every now and then express an idea let them have that dream. Some of those ideas EA has taken from and some of them they may have even thought about lol.

Have you noticed I don't post much in the threads about Sims 4? Because, honestly, most of the ideas I shoot down are good and I know it... but I also know they most likely will never happen with Sims 3. So I shoot them down with Sims 3, hope it gets suggested for Sims 4, and pray.

As for not shooting down ideas: Funnily enough, I've tested that thesis. I've found that if people have at least some doubt it'll happen, it actually happening only makes them more joyful... and it softens the blow if it doesn't happen. And, realistically, half the time what I say tends to get people thinking more about hardware limits and limits to what EA will do, which in turn (I have found) tends to get ideas actually likely to happen within Sims 3 flowing. Thus why it is a person and I can be on opposite sides in one thread, then the same in the next.
    Plus if they didn't read these forums how in the world would they have added the stroller, more CAS sliders,Pets, and Generations etc. So they might actually read these forums hmmmmm. Theres a thought. But you know that they don't. Because of course lol everyone ideas aren't as brillant as yours I mean you just know it all.

Didn't I actually say my ideas are horrible? I mean it; they are. If EA ever implemented half the crap I came up with, I suspect people would burn the entire corporation at the stake in response.
    COME ON!!!! TanyaRubirose give people a chance. Let them have their dream and who knows EA may like their idea enough to feature it in the next EP or SP. Or you you don't think they will because you know (I mean really know this yourself).

What do you think I'm doing? You think I'm shooting these down for fun? Well, yes, it's fun to argue, but I can get that without ever stepping foot in this forum.

Besides, how much you wanna bet that all of the ideas I've shot down will be brought forth for Sims 4 simply so that people can prove me wrong? Hell, I'd love to be proven wrong on half of these.
    I read a lot of idea and suggestions and I don't always agree with. Some of them are even outrages lol. But to squash a persons idea/dream I would try to (most of the time) hold myself back from speaking up and saying no this no that (Its won't happen). Because truthfully I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at EA. So I will/would let them have it because hey its their dream/their idea.

Who said I disagree with this idea? I said the problem is buggy coding already in the game that they'd just reuse. Do you honestly think that problem will magically go away if it's just ignored? EA seems to.

Look, I know where you're coming from. And it's strange to be on this side of this conversation. By the Dark Lady herself, that was so long ago...

In any case, you would like it if these ideas could all be promoted and such and let EA simply sort through them... except that a simple perusal of this forum reveals the harsh reality. There's simply too many. Hell, I can barely keep up with all of the threads, and I've sometimes had to go back over a conversation just to see what stance I was actually arguing in it (and been surprised a couple of times). There's no way EA can be bothered with that if every idea on here is allowed to go unchallenged, so the simplest thing for them to do would be to start ignoring the forum entirely.

So, yes. I go through and prune the good ideas simply out of some foolish optimism that maybe if someone is doing that work for them, EA will actually heed us. If I say "It'll fail because of a bug" enough times, maybe they'll fix the bug. If I say "hardware limits" enough times, maybe they'll take that into consideration for the next game. If I say "EA refuses to go back and add more content into an EP" enough times, maybe they'll actually go ahead and prove me wrong.

So, yes, I am doing what I believe is the right thing to actually get some of these ideas through the door. And this one? The only problem I see is a set of buggy coding that EA has refused to fix for years.
    I'd sugest you stop telling other what to do!!!!! People can talk about what they please but of course your an expert to it all.......NOT!!!!!!!

I gave my suggestion on the religion stuff for a reason. I'll leave it up to you if you want to consider that suggestion or not. Personally, I'd consider it. It'll save you some grief, as that topic always gets nasty.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    As for the arguments on this thread, take it somewhere else.

Funnily enough, they're on topic.
    Tanyarubirose you were the first to mention religion as in angels, you can eve tell us what they look like, even though they are mythical beings and don't actually exist. If you believe they do that's fair enough, but some of us don't.

No, I wasn't. Sugacane did with that comment about "God doesn't like ugly." I merely responded, then suggested it not be brought up again.
    Tanyarubirose, you have to ask yourself why you are so negative about everyone else's ideas when you can't even come up with any yourself, as you admitted.

The funny thing is, I'm not. And half the time, the reason why I am has nothing to do with whether or not the actual idea is good. Or did you even read that part about buggy coding? Maybe you should. It kinda gives the entire point of this.
    Now take your arguments elsewhere, and no you don't really understand how it works, that's obvious by the comments you make, like the above of how it's impossible when a modder has already done it.

Where did I say this idea is impossible? I want the exact quote. Or, I want you admit you're in the wrong on this one. Either one will work.

Fluttereyes, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know I almost never say impossible. The few times I have, it's always been a result of some technology or hardware limitation that cannot be overcome at this time. What I do say is that EA will never do it, which means they'll never do it for Sims 3. Or I say it's buggy. Or I say it's just a bad idea. All of those are miles away from impossible.

Now, how about getting your facts in order before you make wild accusations?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If a modder can do a glitch free subhood it can be done by EA too. I miss the downtown subhood in AL.

Yeah, it can be done. EA just needs to fix a bit of coding they have first before they copy it.

Hell, I honestly don't understand why they never fixed it and went ahead with subhoods.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Yeah, it can be done. EA just needs to fix a bit of coding they have first before they copy it.

Hell, I honestly don't understand why they never fixed it and went ahead with subhoods.

Below is where you inferred that they a) won't do it because they're lazy and b) they can't do it because WA is bugged and therefore they'd need to fix the code, etc, etc.

Fact is, like I already said a couple of times, Twallan has already done this and it's in testing, seriously are EA going to hang their heads in shame or what.

You surprise me with your recent post though.

Hard to tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing really.

Thanks for keeping the two threads I revived alive though :wink:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Below is where you inferred that they a) won't do it because they're lazy and b) they can't do it because WA is bugged and therefore they'd need to fix the code, etc, etc.

Fact is, like I already said a couple of times, Twallan has already done this and it's in testing, seriously are EA going to hang their heads in shame or what.

You're talking to someone who drools every time they look at that Twallan mod. I'm a no-mods person, but that mod may force me to change my stance.

Honestly, I'm studying programming, so I know this simple fact: Programmers are lazy. I write programs every week for class and every bit of code I can crib from another program I've done, I do. Given how long even a simple program can be... it's really no surprise, as I've had programs with a thousand lines or more that I've created already that don't actually do much. I can't even imagine how many lines Sims 3 is dealing with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the billions.

Now, imagine trying to debug that amount of code. That's why it is Sims 2 never had all of its bugs fixed (though, to be honest, I don't even notice half of them unless I'm outright looking for them) and why Sims 3 is in the same boat.

That said, a major bug like this? There's no excuse. If a modder can do it, EA with their professionally-paid programmers can do it. But until they do it, some amazingly good ideas (of which this is one) are actually stuck with being bad ideas just due to the bugs they'd experience from the coding. And if that simple thing is fixed... well, then there's no reason not to do this.

I'm agreeing that it's a good idea and the bug not being fixed is... well, shameful. And that, with that bug not in the picture, this idea is amazing. In fact, I'm actually mildly annoyed I had anything bad to say about it at all.

And, you're welcome!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TanyaRubirose maybe you missed understood but what does "never" really refer to......thinking (never :not at all; absolutely not is isn't going to happen, that's the end).

But you don't know if they "Never" can do something and EA prolly can figure out a way to make it happen before the Sims3 game is over just like they can figure out how most things. Without your help that is what they get paid for.....lol

They still have 5 EPs and some SPs left to create. So anything is possible........OMGOODNESS!!!!!

It seems to me that you are Contradicting yourself.

I also have a Bach. degree in design and animation so what does that mean (I mean really) you can't speak for every programmer lol...your not the 7 billion that live on this planet...YOU'RE JUST ONE PERSON!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

You're talking to someone who drools every time they look at that Twallan mod. I'm a no-mods person, but that mod may force me to change my stance.

Honestly, I'm studying programming, so I know this simple fact: Programmers are lazy. I write programs every week for class and every bit of code I can crib from another program I've done, I do. Given how long even a simple program can be... it's really no surprise, as I've had programs with a thousand lines or more that I've created already that don't actually do much. I can't even imagine how many lines Sims 3 is dealing with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the billions.

Now, imagine trying to debug that amount of code. That's why it is Sims 2 never had all of its bugs fixed (though, to be honest, I don't even notice half of them unless I'm outright looking for them) and why Sims 3 is in the same boat.

That said, a major bug like this? There's no excuse. If a modder can do it, EA with their professionally-paid programmers can do it. But until they do it, some amazingly good ideas (of which this is one) are actually stuck with being bad ideas just due to the bugs they'd experience from the coding. And if that simple thing is fixed... well, then there's no reason not to do this.

I'm agreeing that it's a good idea and the bug not being fixed is... well, shameful. And that, with that bug not in the picture, this idea is amazing. In fact, I'm actually mildly annoyed I had anything bad to say about it at all.

And, you're welcome!

:lol: you're studying programming? Excellent. I already have the degree and am a web designer as well as coding flash presentations and shockwave too. I'm in multimedia, yes I had to pass coding too to get there.

I mod for this game.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    TanyaRubirose maybe you missed understood but what does "never" really refer to......thinking (never :not at all; absolutely not is isn't going to happen, that's the end).

But you don't know if they "Never" can do something and EA prolly can figure out a way to make it happen before the Sims3 game is over just like they can figure out how most things. Without your help that is what they get paid for.....lol

They still have 5 EPs and some SPs left to create. So anything is possible........OMGOODNESS!!!!!

I also have a Bach. degree in design and animation so what does that mean (I mean really) you can't speak for every programmer lol...your not the 7 billion that live on this planet...YOU'RE JUST ONE PERSON!!!!!!

How do you cope with programming with your grammar and spelling? Have to be honest and say you sound so young by your posts that it's hard to believe you actually have a bachelors, yet you write things like prolly and ignore what the spellchecker is telling you.

No offense, but I do already have the degree.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:

That depends on if you're speaking of probability or not. In probability-speak, "never" means "less than one percent chance of it happening." Given the ideas I'm reviewing are typically for Sims 3, I can say they're never going to happen, have them happen for Sims 4, and not actually be wrong (since, you know, they never happened with Sims 3).

I honestly have no clue what they'll do with Sims 4 any more than I have a clue on whether or not humanity will ever expand beyond this solar system. So I limit my assessments to known factors.

Half the stuff I shoot down is probably possible for a halfway decent modder. In fact, some of the items I shoot down have already been done by modders. It's perfectly possible for EA to do quite a few items... but the question is not if they can, but if they have any incentive to even try.

Actually, less than that. Given when the leak about Sims 4 was and running a standard probability analysis, they should be shifting all gears towards it in a couple of years. That means, quite likely, we only have 2-3 EPs and a matching number of SPs left. This probability scenario is weighted more heavily towards being extremely likely by the recent climb in specification requirements Pets caused. That typically is a good signal they are starting to wrap up a game and, thus, are in the final portion of its run.

In all likelihood, EA may be preparing to abandon ideas they've already decided upon in favor of testing ideas for Sims 4. Which means my probability analysis of the likelihood of existing Sims 2 EPs left unconverted has gone out the window.

Actually, according to my last internet search of my real name, I'm 43 people, three cats, and a race horse in Belgium.

And speaking for humanity is easy. Getting humanity to agree with what you're saying is the tricky part :P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    :lol: you're studying programming? Excellent. I already have the degree and am a web designer as well as coding flash presentations and shockwave too. I'm in multimedia, yes I had to pass coding too to get there.

I mod for this game.

Ah, cool! I'm going into it with a more generalized focus for the moment. I'm shopping my local job field. I'll let what careers are open decide my focus.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top