Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Setra, Jewel of the sands - Old thread

Comments

• Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited October 2011
    Pyronium3 wrote:
    Is it designated as a city? If it's not then wild animals will spawn. (But i'm pretty sure you knew that)

Yep, it's designated as a city! I already knew that, but thanks anyway :wink: .

The only things you won't see in a city world are wild horses, deer and raccoons.

Horses running around the desert wouldn't really fit in anyway :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited October 2011

But Zebras would be cool! :cry:
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited October 2011
    Setra is going to be great, Pyro.
    Neverglade was my first "Wow!" world, so I can only imagine what effect Setra will have on me...spontaneous combustion? I don`t have any questions for you, I just look forward to exploring all the things your imagination has created for Setra. Yep, Setra is going to be great. :wink:
  • Options
    RedEye11RedEye11 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Pyronium3 wrote:
    And I have like... Nearly 100 sims living in Neverglade

Lol! Dunno if they'll all fit into Setra, considering it already has 'bout 100 sims living there :mrgreen:

-Haha it's no problem cause I'll most likely wipe out the populatin and replace with my own sims. (no offense lol) I just seem to like it that way :roll:
    Who knows maybe I'll keep some pre-mades around anyway :P
  • Options
    brthcntrlbluesbrthcntrlblues Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't posted much at all on the forums, but I usually just lurk your world thread - I'm terribly excited for it, by the way. There are seriously no words to describe my excitement that it's about to go into beta testing. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and I definitely cannot wait to play Setra! :D
  • Options
    GlosoliGlosoli Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm so exciiiited. I just can't hiiiide it.

My next Legacy family is going here.
  • Options
    BakieBakie Posts: 279 Member
    edited October 2011

Thanks for your help!
    I will try that! Maybe they do just spawn at the base-game ones, but it is better if you can spawn the snakes at a rocky environment for example. And rodents on the fields nearby farms or something.
    So thanks for those links, I think they will help me. :)

Want to make your own Custom Content for The Sims 4, but don't know how to start? Please visit my Youtube Channel for multiple English Spoken tutorials:
    <url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrMuxltq5mlcMjf6h7qrKzQ">BakieGaming YouTube Channel</url>
  • Options
    Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Pyronium3 wrote:

Arab horses run through the desert
    I'm sp looking forward to this
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2011
    Pyronium3 wrote:
    The only things you won't see in a city world are wild horses, deer and raccoons.

I read somewhere that Unicorns won't spawn either :shock: I could be wrong, though.

Oh - great world. Not that I need to say it. :XD:
  • Options
    lucsimslucsims Posts: 16
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry :oops:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wat! , ben jij Nederlands :O dat wist ik niet .... Echt een mooie wereld hoor :D
    Trouwens ken je simsnieuws.nl ? :X
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sorry , I on my iPad :oops:
  • Options
    blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2011
    pyro, if there are, how many families are in Setra? and will beta testing be out this weekend (HOPEFULLY) ? :D
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2011
    Pyronium3 wrote:

I downloaded a Zebra pattern for horses and I have yet to try them out!
  • Options
    gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2011
    Beta testing next week? Sounds like my autumn holiday week off just got a little better...
  • Options
    oixsamoixsam Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't actually made a post on this thread, or on many to be honest (I just stalk them like crazy), but I've been following the progress of this world for so long - even checking in on it while I was recently overseas for 5 months - and I'm sooo excited it's so close to being released!! Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ...spontaneous combustion?

Finally the mystery will be solved ;)

Haha, thanks again for your always kind words, Johnny :)
    Haha it's no problem cause I'll most likely wipe out the populatin and replace with my own sims. (no offense lol) I just seem to like it that way
    Who knows maybe I'll keep some pre-mades around anyway

Oh well, you're free to play however you want! :mrgreen:
    I haven't posted much at all on the forums, but I usually just lurk your world thread - I'm terribly excited for it, by the way. There are seriously no words to describe my excitement that it's about to go into beta testing. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and I definitely cannot wait to play Setra!

Thank you! I hope it goes smoothly as well. So far so good. I'm excited to see how testing will go :)
    I read somewhere that Unicorns won't spawn either I could be wrong, though.

Oh - great world. Not that I need to say it.

Unicorns (actually, it's just one per world, in the wild) do :)

Thanks conner :lol:
    Wat! , ben jij Nederlands :O dat wist ik niet .... Echt een mooie wereld hoor
    Trouwens ken je simsnieuws.nl ? :X

Yep! ;)
    pyro, if there are, how many families are in Setra? and will beta testing be out this weekend (HOPEFULLY) ?

About 40. Not sure yet, as I keep adding Sims and I still need to balance it all out. Won't exceed that number by much though, don't want to go all overboard with it.

Beta testing will probably not be this weekend, but there is a small chance it will. (More on that in a bit!)
    I downloaded a Zebra pattern for horses and I have yet to try them out!

My test-horse was a zebra; it looked pretty neat ^^
    I haven't actually made a post on this thread, or on many to be honest (I just stalk them like crazy), but I've been following the progress of this world for so long - even checking in on it while I was recently overseas for 5 months - and I'm sooo excited it's so close to being released!! Can't wait!

Well, I'm honored you chose to comment here then :lol: I hope you'll like it when it's done!

Aaaaand a little update. Setra is really nearly finished now! I got the routing paint all done. Took me two whole days of working on it, most boring and tedious part by far. Especially the double-double-double-checking for gaps and potential issues is 'lovely'. (like routing points locked in by trees)

This also means 90% of the terrain sculpting is done. There's just going to be a little bit of editing here and there, especially on the decorative outer layer of the world. I'll probably keep making little changes and finishing touches during the beta testing.

All residential lots are done, most of the community lots are done too. There's just a few community lots that need some extra attention, and I still need to make a cat jungle. (Final lot count will likely be 129)

I've begun placing spawners, which is just fun, quick and easy. Should be done in an hour or so :P

Sims are all nearly done. What is still going be a lot of work is fleshing them out. I almost have every Sim assigned a job, but I still need to write up stories for them and add skills and such. Don't expect too much in this area, though. I don't want to drive myself absolutely bonkers ;) Also, I might just do this part during beta testing too.

Terrain painting needs some work here and there. Won't take too long, might make some adjustments during beta testing.

Finally, there are the miscellaneous decorations. These are things like streetlights, trees, shrubs, rocks, etc. This has the potential to still take a while, but I'm not sure. Don't want to overdo this either and most of it is in place already.

Before beta testing, I will test some things myself. I've been doing this throughout the development, so it won't take long. I did notice some routing-freezes, but I haven't fixed all the routing everywhere yet so I'm hoping that will be resolved soon.

Beta Miiiiiiight be ready this sunday. If not, then somewhere next week. I want to get it out asap! :mrgreen:

• Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited October 2011
    The release date is near :D have been following this development from the half way point.
  • Options
    may01110may01110 Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    plis download link! :cry:
  • Options
    benbluebenblue Posts: 612
    edited October 2011
    Is the building thats on top of appartments a house, or a community lot?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The release date is near :D have been following this development from the half way point.

Yes! I'm excited too! :mrgreen:
    plis download link!

When it's done ;) Beta first, then the final version :)
    Is the building thats on top of appartments a house, or a community lot?

It's a house! Currently there is a rich celebrity couple living there. The wife is a successful movie director, while the husband earns his money in more dubious ways.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    When you said theres a chance of beta being out on sunday, How bigs the chance?

Pyro? Are you ok? You seem rushed, please put your own health first, befor pleasing us?
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly is a beta and how do we use it versus the final version? What are going to be some major differences between the two?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ayuism wrote:
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly is a beta and how do we use it versus the final version? What are going to be some major differences between the two?

A beta is the not the finished product, and a beta is the testing version

~if you know what i mean?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    When you said theres a chance of beta being out on sunday, How bigs the chance?

Pyro? Are you ok? You seem rushed, please put your own health first, befor pleasing us?

I still can't say for sure. I'll have a whole night of working on it, and then tomorrow some more. There is a small chance I deem it ready for testing by the end of tomorrow, so we'll see. Regardless, testing will begin any day now if not tomorrow :)

I have no idea what you're talking about :P I'm ok! Just excited that it's nearly done. After working on it for a year it feels extremely good to finally put it out there. (But I do also have lots of studying to do for upcoming tests, so I am sorta stressed and want this to be over with :lol: . My mind's way too absorbed by this world).

Beta is the testing phase of the nearly finished product :) I want it to be tested before I put it up for download on the exchange. So yes, there might be some big differences between beta and the final version. Especially things like routing errors, typos, small unfinished areas, etc.

I'll explain what is going to change from beta to the final version once I have beta up :)