Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what's the point of having a pet?

the pet dies and i'll have to adopt another one.

Comments

• Options
    AnyagoldieAnyagoldie Posts: 178 New Member
    edited October 2011
    just like real life... and u don't have to adopt another one, its all oart of having a pet
  • Options
    RhenX3RhenX3 Posts: 324 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Anyagoldie wrote:
    just like real life... and u don't have to adopt another one, its all oart of having a pet
    so the ''fun'' of the EP is just temporary...since the pet will die =-= don't get why many people think this is the best EP. i think even generations is better since they have afterschool classes.
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    edited October 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:
    Anyagoldie wrote:
    so the ''fun'' of the EP is just temporary...since the pet will die =-= don't get why many people think this is the best EP. i think even generations is better since they have afterschool classes.

Well, if your thinking that then after school classes are only temporary as well, because your child or teen will eventually age up ;)

Each to there own, my favourite is Pets, yours seems to be Generations and that is the beauty in an expandable game.
  • Options
    Linn106Linn106 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Then what's the point in having a sim? It just dies and then you have to get another one.
  • Options
    23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You could always turn aging off so it lives forever. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    edited October 2011
    I think you can chose different life stage duration or ageing for pets vs sims. So, even if your sims live a normal life and eventually die, your pet can live forever. Personally I don't really see why anyone would like that, but a certain game/project it could be interesting.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RhenX3RhenX3 Posts: 324 New Member
    edited October 2011
    keshialee wrote:
    RhenX3 wrote:
    Anyagoldie wrote:

Well, if your thinking that then after school classes are only temporary as well, because your child or teen will eventually age up ;)

Each to there own, my favourite is Pets, yours seems to be Generations and that is the beauty in an expandable game.
    afterschool classes because the effects are permanent. i dont have a favourite EP because they all suck but pets is the worst.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sims die pets die nothing wrong there .

You can also train your pets to hunt for rocks,gems,the small animals ,birds , turtles , snakes ,bugs to complete the various collections

Once cats have raised their hunting skills they often autonomously hunt and find things for you

The horses you can enter the competitions and get the 9 trophies and that gives you a large pegasus statue as a reward
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ... You don't have to adopt another one... You can BREED another one! :D
  • Options
    Gully_FoyleGully_Foyle Posts: 230
    edited October 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:
    i dont have a favourite EP because they all suck

Well if the game is that bad the answer is simple, don't play it, don't clog up the boards with garbage and go back to living under your bridge.
  • Options
    vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    edited October 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:

Well if the game is that bad the answer is simple, don't play it, don't clog up the boards with garbage and go back to living under your bridge.

Now you are being unfair. Living under the bridge is only temporarily and in the end our 'friend' will die, therefor it sucks and we would not want that, would we?
  • Options
    mysimsandImysimsandI Posts: 116 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Love is unconditional. I LOVE my PETs. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Jessicacorbett14Jessicacorbett14 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sorry to be rude, but that is the silliest comment I have ever read. Living things eventually ..die. However , If you dont want your pet to die.. switch off aging.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited October 2011
    23sha28 wrote:
    You could always turn aging off so it lives forever. :mrgreen:

This. Or else get the life reward from the reward thingy. (<--- that's technical jargon. :P )
  • Options
    ChristinaKP1986ChristinaKP1986 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2011
    vicaddict wrote:
    RhenX3 wrote:

Now you are being unfair. Living under the bridge is only temporarily and in the end our 'friend' will die, therefor it sucks and we would not want that, would we?

You made me giggle :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Gully_FoyleGully_Foyle Posts: 230
    edited October 2011
    vicaddict wrote:
    RhenX3 wrote:

No comment
  • Options
    bellgirlvnbellgirlvn Posts: 448 New Member
    edited October 2011
    the pet dies and i'll have to adopt another one.
    How utterly fascinating, why didn't they mention that on the back of the EP? :shock: You should call customer service!

....seriously, I hope that observation was a joke.
  • Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    Some people... (!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?)
  • Options
    gingerbillgingerbill Posts: 229 Member
    edited October 2011
    Linn106 wrote:
    Then what's the point in having a sim? It just dies and then you have to get another one.

haha my thoughts exactly.

what a very strange question for the OP to ask . Probably the silliest thing i've ever read on these forums.
    vicaddict wrote:

thank you for making this thread not a complete waste of my time reading it :)
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well, a pet is actually a new family member, you spend good times together with it.

Just try that and you should feel something when your beloved one dies.. then you'll understand :shock: :P

Added:
    Hmm.. I guess pets are not so popular in Singapore :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CoolGamingCoolGaming Posts: 840 New Member
    edited October 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:
    i dont have a favourite EP because they all suck but pets is the worst.

Surely every single EP is my favourite and there is nothing that disappoints me.

I guess you shouldn't even play this game, why wasting your money these games? Sheez, watch your mouth and keep your comments to yourself. No one cares about your hatred to those packs. -.-
  • Options
    CoolGamingCoolGaming Posts: 840 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Valgon57 wrote:

it does.
    I got Limited Edition. :D
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited October 2011
    CoolGaming wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

it does.
    I got Limited Edition. :D

Oh great. So it's just not for everyone :lol:
    I mean the real one..
    Real pets do need an adopter who loves them.

• Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited October 2011
    **Faceplam**

this is.. i don't even.... im speechless this is so silly!!!
    Pet's are awesome and add so much to the game!!!
  • Options
    Kerianne88Kerianne88 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited October 2011
    People are never happy until they find something to complain about. These are the posts I ignore. It's like beating on a dead horse... No pun intended. :)