Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin wont let me install base game.

I have SERIOUSLY had it up to here with this game. I love this game, it is my favorite but it had given me more problems than a 2 year old child and what the f**k. I downloaded the Create-A-Pet Demo then after that I got an error upon start up that said "error during startup please see Log" tried finding answer to that but all I could find was "reinstall your game" so I backed up all my saves (because I've spent WAY too much time on these Sims) and uninstalled EVERYTHING. Base game, WA, Ambitions, and Late Night which I just bought and haven't even played yet! I ALSO Pre ordered Pets so if I can't find a solution to this I'm going to throw a fit that none of these "Sims Techs" want to experience. I tried installing the base game in Origin and IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. It gives me a message where I have to allow it to start so I press yes, then it asks me what country I live in, I press United States of America then Next and then it does NOTHING!!!! It goes back to "Ready to Install" So what the heck!! I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME! THis is the THIRD time I've had to do something like this I will NOT restart my neighborhood again. This is total BS. Yeah I have CC but only from the Sims3 main website and the SimsResource which I PAID FOR. So PLEASE someone help me. I love the Sims, I have since the first Sims. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Options
    TifaeTifae Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    PS I am redownloading Origin so maybe that will help
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    OK so I redownloaded Origin and the Sims 3 and it still wont Install.

PLEASE OFFER SOME ADVICE!
  • Options
    KetlseyKetlsey Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I am having the same problem.
    Unstalled everything, ran a registery cleaner, remove all of ea stuff, nothing works.
  • Options
    KayleyMeghan777KayleyMeghan777 Posts: 38
    edited September 2011
    go to the Electronic Arts folder in your Documents.
    Open the Sims 3 Folder, then the DCCache folder.
    Look for a folder called missingdeps.idx. Delete it by right clicking on the name, then clicking delete.
    Your game should work now.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Sorry did that yesterday it does not help
    It has something to do Origin.
    I did a comlete wip of all E/A stuff on my computer.
    When I download the game from Origin it gets to ready to install, ask for the country then runs for minute and stops.
    No error code at all, it just stops.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I have no Electronic Arts folder because I completely removed everything. There must be an answer to this somewhere.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited September 2011
    You really need to use a registry tool like ccleaner.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I just used CCleaner. It didnt work. I also have tried reinstalling Origin, then going into Local Disc (C, Program Files (x86), Electronic Arts, The Sims(TM)3, then clicked on Sims3Setup. This guides me through the entire installation process but then when I try to play the game I get an error saying "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" then I have no choice but to close the program.
  • Options
    APengyAPengy Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    I am having the same issue with my base game. How exactly to do you run a registry cleaner??
  • Options
    SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2011
    You can bypass the launcher by using TS3W.exe
  • Options
    SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2011
    APengy wrote:
    I am having the same issue with my base game. How exactly to do you run a registry cleaner??

Download CCleaner and install it. Start the program up and on the left tab, click on the Registry icon. Then go to the bottom of the screen and click Scan for issues. When it's done, use the fix button in the bottom right corner. It should prompt you to backup your registry, which you might want to do just in case.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I used CCLEANER it does not help
    And no you can not bypast the launcher since we are download the game from Origin. I know it was a bad idea to get the game online.
    Thanks for the good idea anyway.
  • Options
    PerfectTempoPerfectTempo Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    Can't install, either. I think EA's just having a crapload of stupid problems and need to get their crap straight.
  • Options
    Ebonyspirit51Ebonyspirit51 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2011
    This also happened to me. I spent 5 hours correcting the problem.

I had to uninstall all of my games and reinstall them all.
    The problem may have been due to the switch from EA Manager to Origin. I hope you find an easier way around this. But after I kept getting that error message I tried opening the game and found I no longer had any of my downloads it was blank. If you have to uninstall, install all of your games before going into the game and at some point Origin pops up asking you to install. My game is working find again but I refuse to download the demo.
  • Options
    Kaime226Kaime226 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2011
    I suggest you not download it either way. Ever since I downloaded it a few days ago it caused problems for me. It wasn't until today that I found this thread and used the tip of deleting a certain file from the DCCache folder that I've actually been able to play. Here's hoping that nothing goes wrong once I begin reinstalling my EPs and SPs.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Bump, this is still an issue E/A
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Still need an answer.
    Origin not working.
  • Options
    l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Have you removed the CAP demo, and all the files and data that came with it?
    That demo has messed things up for a lot of people. EA needs to remove it so that others don't end up with problems.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I never install CAP. and I have wipped my computer clean off all E/A, sims, and origin content. I have read and did everything E/A has suggested.
    I suspect E/A in thier last update forgot about sme sneak file they put on thier consumer computer that is causing th problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Help E/A this is your programing not working.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    bumb install still does not work on origin.
  • Options
    DAVIAQDAVIAQ Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    I cant get sims 3 to install eighter. Looking around the web its not just sims thats haveing issues with origin. There are tons of post from people, about other ea games not installing. So its not just us.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I know it is not just use. It has to be something in the install shield or what ever it is clled.
    I post the same cry for help on the Origin web site and they delete it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Hey anyone at E/A out there
  • Options
    newrunderenewrundere Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2011
    origin wont let me install either, been trying for like 5 days now. kinda over this, are they even trying to fix it? :!: :evil: :twisted: