Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP Demo - ♦ Issues & Solutions Here ♦ - New CAP Demo Available - See First Post

Comments

• Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited September 2011
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    I played the demo just fine, I was able to relaunch my TS3 game with no problem, but only beef is that all my EA Store contents disappeared I had to re-download it from my launcher. Dunno if someone faced the same problem

same here
    I tried to re-install contents but they are still missing when I'm in the game. Wonder how I can have them back

this brought my cc back O _o
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/438122.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited September 2011
    1- All pets look like they have been is some kind of bad accident, very badly deformed. Dogs seem to look the worst though with some dogs there are ears missing, legs look broken and tails are completely detached from their body.
    2- Windows, windows 7
    3- n/a. This is the only sim thing I have on this pc, no sims games installed, no store or cc stuff, no mods etc.
    4- As answer 3
    5- As answer 3
    6- English
    7- As Answer 3
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited September 2011
    Margeh75 Posted a fix on the following thread that worked for her. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but it's worth a shot.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/437895.page

As for me, I had already followed Origin's suggestion that I uninstall and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, when I reinstalled, it still didn't work. Same error message, same problem. However, I then uninstalled everything again, uninstalled origin, deleted every file on my main hard drive (I have a separate hard drive that I store back ups on)and then reinstalled Origin, followed by the base game. When I got the base game installed, I was finally able to go in to the launcher and update to the most recent version. Problems solved. I hope everyone gets all this sorted out. Good luck!
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    There is no reason for this to be on Page 2!! Bumpping!
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2011
    I already uninstalled the pets demo, but decided to check program files to see where the demo had installed at. the only sims 3 folder with a modified date of 9/22/2011 was town life but that was because I uninstalled and reinstalled it earlier. all the others were back near the start of August, which means pets did not touch them. Where I found the pets demo folder was in the Origin Games folder. :thumbup:
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2011
    if your not having any problems, maybe post your info too, it be nice to compare it.
    (but it seems we found the problem)
  • Options
    LadyAroraLadyArora Posts: 408 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Please report the following info.

1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo

- can use CAP demo just fine but when I go back to my Sims3 game I have to reinstall all store content, sometimes takes a few tries for it all to install from my launcher.
    - Riverview uninstalls and I cannot access save games from that unless I manage to get Riverview to reinstall.

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System

- Vista 64 bit

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?

- collections and saved outfits

4- Do you have MODS?

- No.

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?

- English

6- What language is your CAP Demo?

- English

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?

- Digital for base game and Late Night and CAP and physical for Ambitions
  • Options
    Taryn1122Taryn1122 Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Since downlaoding the create a pet Demo i cant go on to my normal sims. it says there was a error during start up. please see the Log for more details. Help please ? :!: :evil: :( :? :cry:
  • Options
    Brigirl1991Brigirl1991 Posts: 16
    edited September 2011
    Solutions

:!: ♦ This First solution here seems to fix the Launcher issue when trying to play the Sims 3 game after the Demo is installed.

Step 1 - Delete the two highlighted files from the WorldCache folder

6173321913_808dd87ded.jpg

Step 2 - Delete the file in your DCCache folder named "missingdeps.idx"

♦ Before Installing the Demo, you can make the folder unfindable by temporarily renaming your "The Sims 3" folder, and when you're done with the demo, you can safely name it back to "The Sims 3"

♦ For those who can no longer play the Sims 3 game since installing the CAP Demo, please try Resetting your Game to Factory Settings to try and repair the game.

♦ If you lost your saved games, check How to Recover Saves for help on getting your lost games back.

This worked for me. Now I just have to get all my store stuff back on. But my CC and my mods and my games were all safe as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2011
    @Laru95: So when you used that setup you were able to choose the location AND language ?

@NiNjahawkz: Thanks for that link

@LoveEvil: we need your graphic card specs and could you check if your drivers are up-to-date

@mcveighjess: That's already on the first page ;)

@Taryn1122: Check the first page

I think we have the problems covered. To get your stuff back you will need to reinstall the downloads or load a backup of the data.

I don't think there is much left to say, the solutions are out there and I'll be updating my blog post tomorrow.

Good night everyone.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited September 2011
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    I played the demo just fine, I was able to relaunch my TS3 game with no problem, but only beef is that all my EA Store contents disappeared I had to re-download it from my launcher. Dunno if someone faced the same problem

same here
    I tried to re-install contents but they are still missing when I'm in the game. Wonder how I can have them back

this brought my cc back O _o
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/438122.page

This worked for me! Thank you :)

Anyone still having problems with store items uninstalling should try the above.
  • Options
    vetchickvetchick Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Solutions

:!: ♦ This First solution here seems to fix the Launcher issue when trying to play the Sims 3 game after the Demo is installed.

Step 1 - Delete the two highlighted files from the WorldCache folder

6173321913_808dd87ded.jpg

Step 2 - Delete the file in your DCCache folder named "missingdeps.idx"

♦ Before Installing the Demo, you can make the folder unfindable by temporarily renaming your "The Sims 3" folder, and when you're done with the demo, you can safely name it back to "The Sims 3"

♦ For those who can no longer play the Sims 3 game since installing the CAP Demo, please try Resetting your Game to Factory Settings to try and repair the game.

♦ If you lost your saved games, check How to Recover Saves for help on getting your lost games back.

I don't have the world caches stuff in my folder to delete. What do I do?
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited September 2011
    EDITED:
    Can the demo be uninstalled thru origin safely?, or does it need another type of uninstall?
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi crinrict, to be honest now you mention it I think this graphics card is not supported with sims3. I had in the the past put all the games on it upto outdoor living stuff and it ran ok without any problems but as soon as I put all my store stuff in the game the launcher kept locking up. So when the machine was formatted I didn't bother to put the game on it again. The graphics card in this machine is Intel GMA 950 and the drivers have been updated to the last ones released.

I'd like to try it out on the simming pc to see if it works properly but I don't fancy having to fix my game if it breaks, so I guess now I will have to wait until pets comes out.
  • Options
    SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hey everyone. Spent the day chattin with Crin as well as spent some extra time trying to debug. It seems that the issues & solutions are known. Page one of this thread lists everything. There is not much else we (as a community) can do now. This falls into EA's hands to fix.

Is there anyone here who has an Amazon account and is willing to Download the Demo from there? Must be a USA and Windows (PC) to download.

This may or may not be an Origin issue as well (among the rest of faults) Worth a shot to see if because it is going through Origin, this is why The Sims 3 game is being affected. This is just another test i want to check. If anyone is willing to help, it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    vetchick wrote:

I don't have the world caches stuff in my folder to delete. What do I do?

Did you quit and uninstall the demo?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Annadenise wrote:
    EDITED:
    Can the demo be uninstalled thru origin safely?, or does it need another type of uninstall?

Make sure the program is uninstalled from your computer also. (Installed Programs) May also want to check for any leftover folders or files in the C Drive.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited September 2011
    Greetings all,

This message is to let everyone know that this thread has been forwarded to the appropriate channels at EA. Thank you for your concerns and feedback.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Is there anyone here who has an Amazon account and is willing to Download the Demo from there? Must be a USA and Windows (PC) to download.
    I'm willing!

I'll be renaming my Sims3 folder before hand, just in case...

Lord knows I don't want to go through that again. :roll:

EDIT: Okay, renamed my current Sims 3 folder and is downloading the amazon.com version of the demo. I'll let you know if the tell-tale signs are there (creates a new Sims 3 folder, with Collections and Saved Outfit folder, etc.).
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Greetings all,

This message is to let everyone know that this thread has been forwarded to the appropriate channels at EA. Thank you for your concerns and feedback.

Where were you yesterday man?

You don't actually work for EA though, or yes? Not sure with the mods, but eh.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I'm willing!

If possible, can you back up everything and leave the folders in as is? This way we can see if the files get lost even without Origin.

If it does cause the same problems, at least you will have everyhting backed up. :-)

• Options
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I'm willing!

If possible, can you back up everything and leave the folders in as is? This way we can see if the files get lost even without Origin.

If it does cause the same problems, at least you will have everyhting backed up. :-)
    Okay, boss. I just backed up the DCCache and Library folder this morning, but I'll go ahead and make a temp back up of my current version of my folder.

I'm at 40% on the Amazon download right now. Shouldn't be long now.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Okay, boss. I just backed up the DCCache and Library folder this morning, but I'll go ahead and make a temp back up of my current version of my folder.

I'm at 40% on the Amazon download right now. Shouldn't be long now.

No problem on how long. It's Friday I have plenty of time to spare tonight. Thanks for helpin out. :-)
  • Options
    adghag1006adghag1006 Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for this, I was having the launcher problem and deleting those files fixed it! :D
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Speaking of those two files, any idea where the heck they came from? Or maybe they got left in by accident somehow?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top