Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves, not unicorns!

Comments

• Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    I want werewolves, werecats, and centaurs. Or werehorses. But centaurs makes more sense!

If there were just unicorns, then that would automatically consider them a horse species, as they are not a Sim. Although it may not exist, Unicorns aren't an occult. An occult is considered an altered state of a human being, hence the term "Life State." Not "Horse State."

Where did you hear this rumor?
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    If there were just unicorns, then that would automatically consider them a horse species, as they are not a Sim. Although it may not exist, Unicorns aren't an occult. An occult is considered an altered state of a human being, hence the term "Life State." Not "Horse State."

Where did you hear this rumor?

It's not a rumor, it came with the coding of the patch or something like that.

And aren't these terms of "occult" and "life state" merely fan terms?

It's been said before, but in The Sims 3 Pets, animals are a lot closer to being Sims since you have full control over them this time around. The unicorn being the "creature" (or whatever in the world it's called) of this EP makes complete and total sense due to that fact, and also the fact that this is an EP about animals, and not humans.

If you want to consider a unicorn a "horse species" than we should have just made vampires a different skin tone and not a separate "creature".
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    When?
    I mean, when was it found?

And technically, since the game itself calls them "occults," it's not a fan-made term, but it is a fan used term. But just used less often than "life state."
    Anyways, I just used that term to explain how a unicorn wouldn't exactly be a life state, since it's not at all part Sim.

It may just be one of the species of horse. I believe there are 5 species of horses in PC, if I'm correct. So, it could just be one of those few species.
    A species means that it is part of a group.
    Vampires are occults because they are still Sims. They're NOT other creatures, or another species of Sim.

Just because the fact you can control a unicorn doesn't mean it would be the occult. You can control dogs and cats, too. So why not make those the occult?

And also, just because a horse is half Sim, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in a Pets EP! It's half Sim and half HORSE, not half Sim and half Sim. That's EXACTLY like saying werewolves and werecats don't belong because they turn into Sims.
  • Options
    OnAvieOnAvie Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited August 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    EXACTLY! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    When?
    I mean, when was it found?

The same day the most recent patch came out?
    And technically, since the game itself calls them "occults," it's not a fan-made term, but it is a fan used term. But just used less often than "life state."
    Anyways, I just used that term to explain how a unicorn wouldn't exactly be a life state, since it's not at all part Sim.

Where has the game used that term? And the dictionary definition of that term says absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.
    It may just be one of the species of horse. I believe there are 5 species of horses in PC, if I'm correct. So, it could just be one of those few species.
    A species means that it is part of a group.

I know what a species is.

However, unicorns are not normal horses. They aren't real, they are fictional. They have abilities that horses do not (they can heal Sims and set fire from what we've seen). They can't just be a "species" of horses. As I'm saying, otherwise vampires should just be a "species" of Sims that you should be able to select from CAS.
    Vampires are occults because they are still Sims. They're NOT other creatures, or another species of Sim.

You're creating your own rules for this. This is what I'm saying, the fans have created their own rules for what a "creature" should be, while EA has not ever said anything about these "rules" themselves.

Pets is the one EP that EA does that doesn't focus around Sims, it focuses around animals. If there is anywhere where the fan definition is going to be broken, it's going to be here.
    And also, just because a horse is half Sim, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in a Pets EP! It's half Sim and half HORSE, not half Sim and half Sim. That's EXACTLY like saying werewolves and werecats don't belong because they turn into Sims.

I never said anything about that.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2011
    You got your creature of the night with vampires! It's only fair that fans who don't like those now get what they wish for.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    JerryNarutoUzJerryNarutoUz Posts: 652 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    You got your creature of the night with vampires! It's only fair that fans who don't like those now get what they wish for.
    But what about those who like creatures of the night, but are not fans of Vampires??? :?
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'll add something here...

I'd love to have both, honestly. It would be great if EA could include more than one occult/creature/lifestate per EP, because it CAN be done.

However, if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose werewolves. Why? Because, from the looks of it, unicorns seem to possess simple powers: the powers to either set fires or attach/remove moodlets. To me, that's actually really boring. It's as boring as what they churned out when it came to a spellbook from the store, which was essentially a summoner and moodlet attacher.

However, I'd love my sim to transform into a werewolf and howl, dig through trash, eat raw meat, create a wolfpack, be the alpha wolf, be the enemies of vampires, transform other sims, and other fun stuff that werewolves could do. I could turn my Michael J. Fox sim into a true Teen Wolf! People could make a Beauty and the Beast story with their sims. There could be a celebrity scandal if a celeb is witnessed changing into a werewolf or doing werewolf activities. The potential for fun with werewolves isn't endless, but it goes a lot further than blessing, cursing, and setting fires with their magical horn and beard powers.

Not to mention, but in the same coding that revealed we'd have unicorns, it also said that the unicorns CAN'T BREED. It says that a unicorn can't be used as a stallion or be bred.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited August 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    I don't want unicorns-I WANT CENTAURS! And put this thread in the Pets forum. Not the Ideas & Feedback forum!!!!!!!

. If EA want to add Unicorns so badly, why not just make it a life state for the horses rather than the Sim?

I don't think it's a life state for sims, it will probably be a controllable creature,
  • Options
    Jokke1405Jokke1405 Posts: 20
    edited August 2011
    What? Werewolves? Vampires? Can nobody see where this is going?
    Soon our sims will throw off their shirt for no reason at all!
    Stupid you Stephenie Meyer and youre glittering in the sun :D
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Jokke1405 wrote:

Before Twilight (first book published in 2005) came along, there was Underworld (released in 2003). Before Underworld came along, there was The Howling VI (released in 1991). The Anita Blake novels, which also featured werewolves vs vampires, began in 1993.

There was also an old belief that, if a werewolf died, they would become a vampire.

So vampires and werewolves being in the same lore as well as enemies has been around for a long time. The whole thing of them being enemies has existed for quite some time in media.

Twilight is simply a half-second blip on the radar.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jokke1405 wrote:

Before Twilight (first book published in 2005) came along, there was Underworld (released in 2003). Before Underworld came along, there was The Howling VI (released in 1991). The Anita Blake novels, which also featured werewolves vs vampires, began in 1993.

There was also an old belief that, if a werewolf died, they would become a vampire.

So vampires and werewolves being in the same lore as well as enemies has been around for a long time. The whole thing of them being enemies has existed for quite some time in media.

Nobody wishes to acknowledge that, they just want to hate on Twilight whenever and wherever they can.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    Jokke1405 wrote:

Nobody wishes to acknowledge that, they just want to hate on Twilight whenever and wherever they can.
    I am sorry if you think that im hating on Twilight, but i am not... It was just a (really bad) joke:)
    I have some friends who reads Twilight too and i fully respect that people do so.
    Again Sorry... It was a joke.
  • Options
    SebruteSebrute Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2011
    does ea usually do this?
    they hinted towards werewolves by showing a wolf howling, and prior to that, it digging beside a sim in the trailer. Another hint, although it is probably that at some angles you can't see them, there are glowing eyes that you can usually find in a mine in one of or probably all of the neighborhoods in which this scene takes place for this part of the trailer (in the pets neighbourhood)that are gone in the part when the 'wolf' howls as the mine is in the background to the left.

the thing is that unicorns are a lot more likely and it is likely that the 'wolf' is actually a domestic dog coloured (yes i'm british) grey and dogs can be given fuzzy neck fur and that sim is it's owner

long story short, do they usually hint towards something that they know that the players want and then deliver something else albeit as good or otherwise?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jokke1405 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    Jokke1405 wrote:

I am sorry if you think that im hating on Twilight, but i am not... It was just a (really bad) joke:)
    I have some friends who reads Twilight too and i fully respect that people do so.
    Again Sorry... It was a joke.

No, I wasn't referring to you actually. Just making a general statement (which wasn't including you because I didn't see anything like that in your post)
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    CaliforniaCalifornia Posts: 113 New Member
    edited August 2011

Where has the game used that term? And the dictionary definition of that term says absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.

Assuming you have Late Night, if you are a human and you woohoo with a vampire or even a ghost, there is a chance that the game will message you about a public disgrace. You'll get a moodlet saying something like "publicly disgraced" or something similar. Underneath the title of it, in the description, depending if it is the woohoo you got caught for, it will say "From Woohooing with an Occult".

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Let me just get one thing straight.
    I have heard that it is only Europe getting one of the creatures (i can't remember which one) because that the United states gets some sort of pet shop/store. Right?
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2011
    Teen wolf Anyone?

teenwolf-2011.jpg"width=450"
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    DuffenduDuffendu Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Jeez, I hope unicorns aren't considered the new occult! I would be completely disgusted if your sims can woohoo with a unicorn :shock:
  • Options
    SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    I think there should be room for all sorts of creatures. But I think Werewolves should be added to play like the regular sims, I'd love to see a werewolf dancing at a club or walking around town.
  • Options
    brokensweety256brokensweety256 Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    :Dunicorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited August 2011
    Unicorns, not werewolves! :-o
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited August 2011
    I actually think that there will be no unicorn, but that the custimization options will let you make it look like a unicorn.

It's the same with the Panda looking dog, it's still a dog, so this supposed "Unicorn" could just be a custimized horse.

Although, I wouldn't mind if it was the magical creature.
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    worm178 wrote:
    I actually think that there will be no unicorn, but that the custimization options will let you make it look like a unicorn.

You are ill-informed. The unicorn is the creature for The Sims 3 Pets. This has been confirmed.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    MikTheTigerMikTheTiger Posts: 164
    edited August 2011
    Unicorns, not werewolves! :-o

:thumbup: